Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 00:23   #31

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Well,certainly a mixed bag of opinions.erm let's start with the law of the land.Driving,if you are not allowed to have your windscreen tinted dark because (the police say the driver could not be seen/identified) where does the law state,oh but it's OK if you're Muslim to cover your mush?.Like wise,the drivers all round view should not be obscured, oh,but it's OK if you're Muslim to only have limited vision through your 'letter box.
Tell you what, why don't we rename OUR country Muslim Land? We would not be allowed to use our culture as an excuse if we moved to Pakistan.If they come to live here...then they should BLOODY WELL LIVE BY OUR RULES other wise the airport is that way.
BOB likes this.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2016, 01:13   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Bugaria bans full-face islamic veil
France & Belgium already have bans in place.
can you see the UK implementing a ban here
Not on your nelly Accy beme, this country is too busy bending over backwards to placate these lazy good for nothings.The indigenous population are wayyyyyy at the back of the queue.
Plus, our government haven't got the balls to stand up to them and make G. Britain G. Again
Where's Enoch and Winston when ya need em.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
Not on your nelly Accy beme, this country is too busy bending over backwards to placate these lazy good for nothings.The indigenous population are wayyyyyy at the back of the queue.
Plus, our government haven't got the balls to stand up to them and make G. Britain G. Again
Where's Enoch and Winston when ya need em.
Lazy good for nothings? Now that's a totally different argument than wearing full face veils. My experience of working with Asians is they are hard working. Perhaps you know different?
Less, AccyMad and cashman like this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:33   #34
Beacon of light

I have worked with them too.....some were sterling workers, some were a bit less than that.
We can only speak as we find, but I think I worked with more of our indigenous folk who had a poor work ethic, and that is what it boils down to in relation to work.
I am sure that a full face veil reduces a woman's ability to do a good job, but many more Asian women stay at home to bring up families and look after their husbands parents once they marry.
They are not required to wear a face covering in the family home unless there are men present who are not known to them or are not family.
In those cases it is usually men in one room and women in another.
BOB likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:45   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I worked fer oer 20 yrs being in a minority, i found some as Margaret says were sterling workers, and were mates of mine, quite a few though would do as little as they could get away with,fact, but to tar all wi the same brush aint acceptable to me. some english workers were the same,
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 13:04   #36
Senior Member+

Strictly on the question of can you see the UK implementing a ban on the wearing the Islamic veil, would you say that the population and government are at odds on this
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 13:07   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in general yes i certainly would.And i would say in general, not because people are racist, which is what the dickheads call people for voicing views like this.
Old 02-10-2016, 13:21   #38
Beacon of light

Yes, I would agree with that. The government will not ban full face veils, they haven't got the cojones to do anything so decisive.
It can be done though, as the legislation in other countries prove.
The burkha and the face veil just go to prove that those wearing this garb do not wish to integrate, they wish to set themselves apart from the general population. They mark themselves out as different.

There is no chance of having any kind of interaction with a person in a burkha or full veil.
Old 02-10-2016, 13:31   #39
Senior Member+

I do remember when turbans were an issue with the British public, gladly we all came to accept them as acceptable dress code but I don’t think the Islamic veil will ever become an acceptable dress code with the British public or at least not until they outnumber us,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 14:09   #40
Beacon of light

I think turbans were a different matter.
They do not obscure the face and there are few security risks posed to the general public.
They do not inhibit communication in the way that a burkha or face veil does.

It really makes me wonder how women in the Asian community recognise one another when they are all dressed in this black uniform.....so it doesn't just stop communication across the racial divide, but across their own culture too.
Old 02-10-2016, 14:12   #41
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I don’t think the Islamic veil will ever become an acceptable dress code with the British public or at least not until they outnumber us,
I don't think that day is very far in the future either.
I wonder, if then, we will be pressed into conforming to their dress codes.
Fortunately for me I am an old burger, so I may have shuffled off by then(I hope so anyway).
Old 02-10-2016, 14:20   #42

The only time turbans were an issue was when it became compulsory to wear crash helmets when riding a motorcycle. I remember there were a lot of protests at the time from the Sikh community.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 18:08   #43
God Member

There was an issue here with turbans, esp. concerning Sikh police officers wearing them as part of their uniform. When it was finally allowed, the police discovered one advantage. Drunken indians tended to go more quietly when tossed into a cruiser with a turbaned officer behind the wheel, as they thought they were being put into a taxi.

But seriously, I think there are a lot more things to express concern about than burqas. Ok ... so some moronic, ill-educated offensive throwback wants to dress his old lady in a designer gunny sack ... this is a problem that muslims have to sort out for themselves. We too have our problems with macho male bs. Approximately 20% of murders in Canada are committed by ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands. And the victims? Well we all know who they are. In many cases children are killed too. Call it a judeo-christian version on the honor killing theme. Now this is a problem. And FGM. Since it became illegal in the UK, not one person has been prosecuted, even tho', by law, doctors are obliged to report cases of this abomination. These are major problems, and should be dealt with before the mickey mouse burqa crisis.

This burqa thing is a storm in a teacup. Deal with the major problems first. Defeat ISIS, confront radical Islam ... you can never eradicate it, but you can emasculate it. If the effort is put into this, a lot of the smaller problems will go away.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 20:00   #44

Why can't the country vote on stuff like this ? Lets have a referendum I quite like the last one
Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 20:30   #45
Beacon of light

I agree with what you say Eric, but the issue of the Burkha is also one of security.
You just do not know who is under that garment, whether they are carrying weapons whether it is a male or a female and worst of all you cannot read the indicators of anxiety because you cannot see the persons face.
So yes there are lots of problems which need to be solved.....one of them is getting the incomers to integrate because if these muslims feel allegiance to the country they are perhaps a little less likely to want to blow us up.
Integration is impossible when you have people who show their disdain of western culture by choosing garments that are not of this country and not of this century.
If they dislike us so much then they are quite welcome to leave and find somewhere that tolerates and welcomes such clothing.
cashman and boxermum like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..