Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 20:47   #46

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Lazy good for nothings? Now that's a totally different argument than wearing full face veils. My experience of working with Asians is they are hard working. Perhaps you know different?
Yes Michael1954 I do know different.I have both employed and been employed by Asians.
I also admit,as in our own nationality,there are good and bad on both sides.However IMHO the incomers will only do shop keeping, taxi driving and possibly anything that requires very little effort.Come on,when was the last time you saw an Asian Street cleaner,road digger,etc.Apart from when the coppers are on their tail for speeding,drug peddling or chatting up young girls I have not seen any of our hard working friends break into a sweat,have You?
Back to the original thread,it has been said,wearing the burka is a personal choice only,nothing to do with religion.If my personal choice was to walk round town wearing a tee shirt with something offensive on it that should be OK then,after all it's only my personal choice RIGHT: WRONG it would offend people.These people are taught from a very early age to buck the norm and offend the indigenous population as often as they can.Then when challenged play the race card.Also if I was in their country (I don't mean Britain)would I get any with MY personal choice or wearing a bikini in hot Weather?.NO:because it would offend......
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2016, 21:03   #47
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You've got to admit it Mike 54, Doggy Ma makes some valid points in her post (46).
Old 02-10-2016, 21:21   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You've got to admit it Mike 54, Doggy Ma makes some valid points in her post (46).
She's right that there are good and bad on both sides, but to make the sweeping statement that they (Asians and muslims) are "lazy good for nothings" is a damning indictment of them all.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 21:50   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But it would be nice if they did.
I prefer to see who I am talking to.....and with the full face veil you cannot do that.
I worry about those women who drive whilst wearing a full face covering......after all it is not thin material, it is like blackout cloth.
I too prefer to see someones lips too, if a woman in a full face veil ever deigns to try to talk to me she will be told that I cannot hear here and be asked tor remove her veil while doing so.

At which point I'll likely be called racist and I'll counter with deafist (I'm only hard of hearing but prefer to see someones lips when they talk).

And if she doesn't then I shant be listening, simples.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 21:51   #50
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
She's right that there are good and bad on both sides, but to make the sweeping statement that they (Asians and muslims) are "lazy good for nothings" is a damning indictment of them all.
Ah Cherries I see! And as for sweeping statements, it won't be the first & most definitely not the last on this particular subject & a multitude of others to boot.

There is it seems, something about our "Alis snackbar" citizens that really divides the attitudes & sensibilities of the common man.
Old 02-10-2016, 21:58   #51

BTW the carrying of weapons under a burka - what the heck?

How stupid is that - you can carry a weapon under almost any clothing, especially some of the puffed out western clothing.
Accyexplorer likes this.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:00   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ah Cherries I see! And as for sweeping statements, it won't be the first & most definitely not the last on this particular subject & a multitude of others to boot.

There is it seems, something about our "Alis snackbar" citizens that really divides the attitudes & sensibilities of the common man.
Cherries? Not at all, Dave. As I've previously mentioned, I have over the years worked with many Asians and Muslims and found them to be hard working. They weren't shop keepers or taxi drivers; they were managers, security delivery drivers and counter clerks, and in several cases cleaners. I didn't look upon them as lazy good for nothings.
Old 02-10-2016, 22:12   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
BTW the carrying of weapons under a burka - what the heck?

How stupid is that - you can carry a weapon under almost any clothing, especially some of the puffed out western clothing.
It all depends on the type of weapon your trying to hide, and bulky puffed out would show a bloody great bulge with any thing bigger that a 9m Browning, You could hide a Lewis Gun and a couple of pans of ammo under one o them female tents.
How many firearms have you ever had or used, you name it & I've probably fired it at some time or other. I used to be the Curator of firearms at Fulwood Museum, and there was every thing you could imagine, from a little .25 auto pistol to Maxim Machine Guns.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:22   #54
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Cherries? Not at all, Dave. As I've previously mentioned, I have over the years worked with many Asians and Muslims and found them to be hard working.
Different folk, different experiences Mike. I've also worked in different countries with different cultures, creeds, ethnicities, nationals & religions, oft times good, bad, indifferent, but there are certain groups (in my experience at least) that are often fly or with, lets say, a less enthusiastic approach to graft.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 22:22   #55

Quote:
Michael, Michael...as I said,having employed and been employed by Asians, I have spent time with many, many of them.imho (I take it I am allowed MY opinion) they,some of them,will do as little as they can get away with and I stand by that statement.However as it appears I have to write this s l o w l y for you, I also have many Asian friends who helped me immensely when I lost my son.They brought food for us,as they knew we were not eating properly,they offered to shop for me,I could go on but I think most webbers will have got my point.If, as you say I 'made a sweeping statement'.....it was JUST A STATEMENT,then I apologise to the Muslims who are NOT lazy good for nothings........but I think my Asian friend would laugh at your "damning indictment "statement...Me thinks you protest too much.
Old 02-10-2016, 22:29   #56
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
Michael, Michael...as I said,having employed and been employed by Asians, I have spent time with many, many of them.imho (I take it I am allowed MY opinion) they,some of them,will do as little as they can get away with and I stand by that statement.However as it appears I have to write this s l o w l y for you, I also have many Asian friends who helped me immensely when I lost my son.They brought food for us,as they knew we were not eating properly,they offered to shop for me,I could go on but I think most webbers will have got my point.If, as you say I 'made a sweeping statement'.....it was JUST A STATEMENT,then I apologise to the Muslims who are NOT lazy good for nothings........but I think my Asian friend would laugh at your "damning indictment "statement...Me thinks you protest too much.
I have worked with people from many countries the majority of whom have proved to be hardworking and helpful, there are however lazy folk of all creeds and colours, to lump all of one race as good for nothing is not only a sweeping statement that is an insult to the hard workers of that group but is also a sign perhaps of lazy thinking?
BOB likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:29   #57

Quote:
No you don't have to write slowly for me, but thanks for being condescending and patronising. You are allowed your opinion, but so am I. Some white people will also do as little as they can get away with, but that doesn't mean that white people are lazy good for nothings, or does it? You say your Asian friend would laugh at my statement. Let him read what you wrote and see if that's true.
Old 02-10-2016, 23:06   #58

For your information,my Asian friends also say many of their country men are lazy arrogant and wife beaters.As mentioned when the discussion was about the burka wearers,it was asked by many if these women were forced,by their domineering husbands .it seems to me that you would think THAT a damning indictment of all of them too.
Old 02-10-2016, 23:20   #59

What makes you think my Asian friends are male.Also,I did state that many white people were also guilty of doing f***all.By the way,you don't have to thank me it was my pleasure.
Old 02-10-2016, 23:29   #60

Quote:
For your information,my Asian friends also say many of their country men are lazy arrogant and wife beaters.As mentioned when the discussion was about the burka wearers,it was asked by many if these women were forced,by their domineering husbands .it seems to me that you would think THAT a damning indictment of all of them too.
I am not discussing what your Asian friends say. Neither am i discussing domineering husbands. I am discussing what YOU wrote.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..