Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 19:40   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Article 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I never said that anyone had accused Graham Jones of voting against Article 50 .

Could you please re-read this thread and tell us what some of the political pundits on here said they thought Graham Jones may do when it came to the vote ?
I think that perhaps we were swayed by our general disillusionment on how our representative has perfomed for us thus far. You surely cannot blame us for this.

I really did think that he would either vote against the Bill or if not that then abstain...even though all Labour MP's had been directed by their leader.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2017, 20:00   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I never said that anyone had accused Graham Jones of voting against Article 50 .

Could you please re-read this thread and tell us what some of the political pundits on here said they thought Graham Jones may do when it came to the vote ?
I re-read it before I asked you to do so, but you did claim our so called 'political pundits' had got it wrong, to get it wrong surely someone has to make a mistake? Such as claiming Graham Jones voted against Article 50?

No-one has done such a thing, however speculating which way Graham Jones will or won't vote in the future isn't getting it wrong as you claim, it is a guess, will it be a good guess?

Only time will tell,

as for
Quote:
political pundits on here said they thought Graham Jones may do when it came to the vote ?
Is not the same as:-

Quote:
As usual the political pundits on here got it wrong .

Graham Jones voted to trigger Article 50 .
Which implies someone did accuse him of voting against, which no-one did.

Please, if you wish to put us in our place do it in a correct manner.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 20:29   #48

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
As usual the political pundits on here got it wrong
Wow! Talk about a sweeping generalisation...

Care to back the 'as usual' comment up?

Two or three get their predictions wrong and you post this bilge.

There's a guy in my local that always says 'see, told you so', when the underdogs win in a football match....funny thing is nobody can ever remember him EVER saying this before the kick-off.

Ain't much kudos in smugness AFTER the event.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:00   #49
God Member

ill admit i expected the self absorbed EU lover to spite us and vote against article 50

maybe thanks to enough people refusing to shut up and continuously spread the word and remind people of his last betrayal he thought it too risky to his cushy job to do it again

now we just need to get shut of him at the next election and get someone in who dosnt have such a low opinion of his constituents

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:34   #50
Beacon of light

Spot on.
Not only has he a low opinion of his constituents, but he has a high opinion of himself.

Somehow going to the metropolis has made him think he is better than those who voted for him, when all he is, is lucky. Lucky that we were blind to his flaws when we voted for him.
Lucky that we failed to spot that he could be manipulated by promises of position and power.
It has gone to his head.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:48   #51
Full Member+

It is easy to keep tabs on your MP and what and how he votes in the Commons. Go to the website www.theyworkforyou.com and it is all there for all to see. No MP can say they voted one way when they voted the other because it is there in black and white.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 22:19   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
It is easy to keep tabs on your MP and what and how he votes in the Commons. Go to the website www.theyworkforyou.com and it is all there for all to see. No MP can say they voted one way when they voted the other because it is there in black and white.
Even more interesting is this page

MP Costs

Just compare our MP with the PM or Corbyn, or David Nuttall from Bury...There is absolutely no impropriety or dishonesty from Jonesy, nor are there any false/nonsensical claims, what I do question is the managerial and budgeting skills of a back bencher who's office and staff has year on year since he became an MP, pretty much cost more than his leader, the current PM and a sitting MP with similar experience representing a constituency less than 20 miles away.

Oh and don't forget this gem....

Da Steeps Speaks: Slave labour required

And he still couldn't undercut the staffing and office costs of the other 3 I've mentioned..

Is this the kind of person you really want voting on the use of vast amounts of public money?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:24   #53
God Member

lol zero hour contracts are awful but come work for me and get paid nothing

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 07-02-2017, 04:44   #54
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Yes it's funny but it's what students do who want that experience. Ironic people are moaning about his staffing costs and how he didn't pay an intern
Old 07-02-2017, 06:28   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yes it's funny but it's what students do who want that experience. Ironic people are moaning about his staffing costs and how he didn't pay an intern
Totally missing the point again....let me spell it out for you...

The p-o-i-n-t is....

'And he still couldn't undercut the staffing and office costs of the other 3 I've mentioned'
Old 07-02-2017, 20:09   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Not missing the point at all, are you assuming each MP has a like for like way of doing things? Maybe some MP's are much more active than others and employ more staff so people contacting them are dealt with more professionally.

I don't know because I've never contacted any MP's through their offices so can't compare one to another.
Old 07-02-2017, 20:52   #57

Quote:
Not missing the point at all, are you assuming each MP has a like for like way of doing things? Maybe some MP's are much more active than others and employ more staff so people contacting them are dealt with more professionally.

I don't know because I've never contacted any MP's through their offices so can't compare one to another.
..ah... tangential argument time..changing from 'irony' to 'assumption'

I’ll bite…are you seriously asking me to even consider that our MP has a bigger workload than either Teresa May or Jeremy Corbyn?? That he gets more letters that need answering or requests for TV and radio interviews that have to be agreed or refused? That is he contacted on a regular basis by major foreign dignitaries or their staff or is required to attend more functions than the aforementioned. (Corbyn often reads out letters he receives in Parliament)....AND they still have constituency issues to deal with

Out of May, Corbyn and Jonesy only one has staff that think their boss lives in ‘xxxx’, and those are the least cost effective....now that is 'ironic' and it ain't an 'assumption'
Old 07-02-2017, 23:40   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

There is a 95% chance you are right

Are you sure Corbyn can read?
Old 15-02-2017, 16:19   #59
God Member

Quote:
There is a 95% chance you are right

Are you sure Corbyn can read?
corbyn can read

thats how he knew he had to sit on the floor on that train because he read that the empty seats were full

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..