Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2017, 19:09   #1
Senior Member+

Wrong un's (allegedly)

I've just seen this in the local rag:-

Teenage girl 'repeatedly and systematically raped and sexually abused' by gang of predatory paedophiles, court told (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The defendants and what they are accused of - Accrington Observer

The stall holder says he's innocent:-

Market stallholder: 'I am innocent' - Accrington Observer

He would say that wouldn't he?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2017, 20:17   #2
God Member

Re: Wrong un's (allegedly)

What happened to innocent till proven guilty?
Alan Varrechia likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 22:11   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
What happened to innocent till proven guilty?
Obviously,They're 'all' innocent until proven guilty,I wouldn't be surprised if there's a band of shaven head thugs marching through our town in the near future though.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 23:45   #4
God Member

anyone would want to see someone guilty of crimes like these punished but yet again lives are trashed before a guilty verdict is given by a court and jury
AccyMad and Busman747 like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 08:03   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This thread to me, is a deliberate attempt to provoke a negative reaction,something only a knobhead would do, i have thought that for a fair while, now yeh have proved it.
AccyMad, bernie94 and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 31-03-2017, 08:54   #6
God Member

Obviously, whoever committed these offences needs locking up but Cashy's right - I'm not sure the original comments were posted for the right reasons so, I won't be adding any more thoughts to it, as they say on Dragon's Den - I'm out!
Less and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 10:58   #7
Beacon of light

To a degree, I think the media is at fault. Details should not be published until there has been a guilty verdict reached...and if the verdict is one of innocence then, it should not appear at all.
This article is damaging to a market trader who may have done nothing wrong.
We do not need to hear of this until it has been proved that he is guilty of the offences of which he has been accused

This local(?) paper is not what it used to be many years ago. I do not trust what I read in it anymore...it is only useful for lighting the fire and cleaning the windows.
AccyMad and maxthecollie like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 11:17   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The local media is not at fault for his stupidity.
Restless likes this.
Old 31-03-2017, 12:42   #9
Beacon of light

Cashy, he did actually put in the title 'allegedly'.
To me this means that you make your own mind up, or it may mean that he questions the allegations.
He posted links to an articles in local media. Now if the local media had not published these articles there would have been nothing to post about...so while you are entitled to have an opinion about who is at fault..To my mind,it is certainly the fault of local media.
Local media may say that they are performing a vital public service.
It would be far better if they confined themselves to reporting only proven cases, rather than whipping up hysteria(and possibly racial tensions).
These offences are alleged to have taken place some time during the 90's but are only being investigated now...more than two decades later.
Old 31-03-2017, 13:21   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I agree fully things like this should NOT be printed until a guilty verdict has been given, but fact is they are its happened with many people, that has little to do with the reason this clown posted this, thats my opinion.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 31-03-2017, 16:43   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
To a degree, I think the media is at fault. Details should not be published until there has been a guilty verdict reached...and if the verdict is one of innocence then, it should not appear at all.
This article is damaging to a market trader who may have done nothing wrong.
We do not need to hear of this until it has been proved that he is guilty of the offences of which he has been accused

This local(?) paper is not what it used to be many years ago. I do not trust what I read in it anymore...it is only useful for lighting the fire and cleaning the windows.
Too expensive to light your fire and clean your windows
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 16:48   #12
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right.
Himself says he only gets it to see who has shuffled off this mortal coil...and if he isn't recorded he knows he can do another week.
Me? I would cancel it. It used to be interesting reading the small ads and looking at the jobs, but these days all of the adverts seem to relate to Manchester/ Heywood...so not local.
bernie94 likes this.
Old 31-03-2017, 16:54   #13
Beacon of light

There will always be people who make contentious statements(both on here and in the media) to get a response.
I just think it is sad that a business may be adversely affected by a story that should never have been printed until a guilty verdict has been pronounced.
Old 31-03-2017, 20:51   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Too expensive to light your fire and clean your windows
Fish&chips papers
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 00:37   #15
God Member

just dont use the telegraph as toilet paper it will leave more crap behind than it removes
bernie94 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..