Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2017, 12:09   #31
JCB

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He made a comment that alluded to the intelligence of 95% of the Hyndburn electorate when it came to voting on a referendum over the EU.
I have only come across this 95% thing on this forum .

Did Graham Jones make the comment on this forum or elsewhere ?

When and where ?

Source please .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2017, 12:19   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

He certainly made it, as for where memorys not that good, perhaps twitter cos hes come out with allsorts of rubbish on yon.
Old 19-04-2017, 12:22   #33
Beacon of light

I do not know where it came from....whether here or somewhere else.
And I think if you wish to find out then you can search the archives. If I had a source I would have posted it
It will no doubt be in the archives. I don't have the appetite to search for it. It was distasteful the first time around and I do not wish to revisit it.
There may be other members on here who will give you a source, or may have a clearer memory than mine.
I know that at the time it caused something of an uproar...and GJ was a regular contributor on here in the past.
He has not been much of a contributor recently...maybe he is too busy, maybe we are not really that important to him anymore.
Maybe we will become more important now he might be wanting our votes.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 12:30   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Plus it was months ago last year sometime the comment was made, we know damn well what we read, if yer that interested JCB go have a root and dig it up.
Old 19-04-2017, 13:01   #35
Beacon of light

Cashy, I think it was longer ago than that. It was long before the referendum was granted(that is my memory anyway...anyone else who knows any better can set me straight).
At the time I felt it was an ill-considered comment.
I would not have seen it on Twitter as I do not subscribe to Twitter/Facebook.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 13:06   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

When and where ?

Source please .
It was pre-referendum - if I remember correctly it started when he said he believed in, and would vote for a referendum. When the time came and he didn't he was subjected to considerable criticism. He came out with the 95% statement soon afterwards. Not sure where that was made, or reported, I suggest that the first area for you to search would be on here prior to the actual vote for the referendum.
Old 19-04-2017, 13:36   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Sorry for cross posting a quote from another thread but I think this is the post people are talking about. If you click the little blue arrow thing it will take you to the thread it came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
What a load of rubbish.

95% of people according to those surveyed by Populus don't put Europe as an important issue. That there was a case therefore for a referendum on a the issues the public rated more important. Sensible points.

I said I didn't bother about it. That I was easy on a referendum. You'll find Labour MPs for and Labour MPs against in their public comments. At the moment a vote came were in a euro zone crises and everyone agreed against a referendum. Common sense again given the circumstances.

I also said that we would vote to stay in. Latest opinion polls are confirming that with the dont knows moving to 'in'. Sky's recent poll was to stay in.

My own view - and your going to hate this - but every business bar one in Hyndburn I have spoken to is saying we must stay in.

As for calling Labour voters numpty's - bottom of the barrel stuff and undermines any argument put forward.
Less likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 19-04-2017 at 13:38.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 13:39   #38

Regular watcher of PMQs Today your MP actually asked a question, not a very good one mind
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 13:51   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sorry for cross posting a quote from another thread but I think this is the post people are talking about. If you click the little blue arrow thing it will take you to the thread it came from
It came from "The Labour Gravy Train" thread, read it through JCB post 66 is very interesting also,its worth yeh reading before yeh vote Liberal.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:32   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It came from "The Labour Gravy Train" thread, read it through JCB post 66 is very interesting also,its worth yeh reading before yeh vote Liberal.

You can access the thread by clicking the blue arrow on the post I quoted above
Old 19-04-2017, 15:30   #41
God Member

Quote:

When and where ?

Source please .
he said it on here

i would suggest searching %95 in the websites search but he has gotten so much crap for it over the years it comes up a lot

it all started when he said he woudl support us having a referendum and within a matter of weeks to get in good favor with milliband he voted that we shoudl not have a referendum

he got promoted to the whips office which some people saw as a reward for him betraying hyndburn

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-04-2017 at 15:38.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 15:54   #42
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Thanks .

And it was a post by Graham Jones which I made a reply to .

He said , " 95% of people according to those surveyed by Populus don't put Europe as an important issue."

I wouldn't regard Graham Jones' reference to an opinion poll as his reflection on the intelligence of 95% of the Hyndburn electorate .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 17:56   #43
God Member

Quote:
Thanks .

He said , " 95% of people according to those surveyed by Populus don't put Europe as an important issue."

I wouldn't regard Graham Jones' reference to an opinion poll as his reflection on the intelligence of 95% of the Hyndburn electorate .
he later said words to effect that we wernt able to comprehend the complexity of the EU

the two get taken together and thats where the %95 of us been too thick to get it comes from

then theres the public statement he released claiming it to be his own words where he forgets where he comes from and is clearly a mass issued statement from powers above where MPs are instructed to insert their constituency and pass it off as their own thoughts.Worse still it is a lie about us as we wernt asked it was all made up to make people think teh people of hyndburn backed immigration

turns out in the referendum that the tory party delivered as promised he was proven wrong as were his superiors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jones graham.jpg (84.0 KB, 16 views)
Barrie Yates likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-04-2017 at 18:00.
Old 19-04-2017, 19:45   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Thanks .

His favourite statistic was 95% no matter how small it's relevance to real facts.

He was often asked for proof of his claims...

...we are still waiting for his replies.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/1102384-post32.html
cashman, accyman and Barrie Yates like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 20:13   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
His favourite statistic was 95% no matter how small it's relevance to real facts.

He was often asked for proof of his claims...

...we are still waiting for his replies.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/1102384-post32.html
it was at that point any further dealings he had with the riff raff were conducted mainly on facebook and twitter where he could control what remained , was said or allowed to be said

unlike here where if you say something you have to take it back pretty quickly or it stays here for years

also around the time most of the labour lot who were so vocal about tory failings and how much better they woudl do if elected ran away as well

it took about 2 questions and 1 criticism if i recall to get them fleeing

Last edited by accyman; 19-04-2017 at 20:16.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..