Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2017, 15:43   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Listening to the Labour Party plans from Keir Starmer does not fill me with confidence for a possibility of a Labour Government.
They do not want to negotiate with the EU, they want to capitulate.
Jeremy Corbyn would go to the EU and negotiate(in the event of a Labour victory) and he would come back with a deal...regardless.
They want access to the single market, this in spite of the fact that we actually buy more from EU countries than they buy from us.
Let us get right out...not one foot in and one foot out...but totally completely out of it.
We share a house with 27 other lodgers, but pay half of the rent...that is the main reason they do not want us to leave and Labour would show their hand of cards before they get to the table.
This is clearly not what was voted for at the referendum. But of course these elite politicians believe that they know what is best for us.
Have to disagree Margaret. they know whats best for themselves not us.
Old 25-04-2017, 16:16   #92
Beacon of light

Yes, we both KNOW that, but they believe we are too dense and I'll informed to determine what is good for us.
Not really too different from what is happening in France.
The people are being hoodwinked by their politicians too.
They have a choice. They can vote for someone who is not in the mould of previous administrations, or they can keep to the status quo and nothing will change for the better.

We have a choice too on the 8th of June. We can vote for someone who will take us right out of the mess that is the EU, or we can vote for the banner not the man (the man is clearly not fit to lead) and get a government which will do what other Labour governments have done.( they may need coalition help to do this, which will hamper their proposals)They will spend silly money that they have not got, with no ideas as to how to get it...they will borrow money that our children will spend their lives paying for.
So we are (almost) in the same boat.
Gremlin and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-04-2017 at 16:25.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 16:27   #93
Beacon of light

That should read 'ill informed'( predictive text )
Old 25-04-2017, 19:24   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Oh deary me, the poor little frogling "flocon de neiges" aren't happy bunnies! They don't like the options on offer so are going to boycott the vote ...... hmm, sounds vaguely familiar somehow.

French election 2017 - Voters could abstain in Marine Le Pen row | World | News | Express.co.uk
Old 25-04-2017, 19:49   #95
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh deary me, the poor little frogling "flocon de neiges" aren't happy bunnies! They don't like the options on offer so are going to boycott the vote ...... hmm, sounds vaguely familiar somehow.

French election 2017 - Voters could abstain in Marine Le Pen row | World | News | Express.co.uk
My heart bleeds purple pee for them!
Old 26-04-2017, 12:50   #96
Beacon of light

The media are full of criticism of Keir Starmer and his shambolic speech.
This is the 'would be' leader of the Labour Party.
He is also the Shadow secretary for Brexit, and yet he wants to keep the single market, but says they will curb free movement of people. So he wants to be in the EU and out of the EU at the same time. How will that work?
And does he know how daft it sounds.
This is something I commented on yesterday(are the journalists picking my brains - no, of course they aren't). I do not reckon I am particularly smart, but if I can see how daft it all is why can't those in the political parties?
cashman, Gremlin and hilleluk like this.
Old 26-04-2017, 14:37   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Labour i'm sad to say have become nothing more than embarrassing.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-04-2017, 14:46   #98
Beacon of light

Cashy, you are right, but they treat us like we haven't a brain to bless ourselves with.
They have a lot of highflown ideas(and some of them would be very good if they could tell us how they would be funded) but not a lot of common sense.
Are they seriously thinking we will swallow this garbage.
They talk about Theresa May being unreliable because she changed her mind about calling an election.
She changed her mind because the circumstances changed.
If you were the Captain of a ship and you saw a huge iceberg heading right for you...you would change your direction of travel(well, you would if you had an ounce of sense).
So many people were telling her that she did not have a mandate for this...did not have a mandate for that, she was not elected. this was not in the manifesto.
The only way these critics will be silenced is if she goes to the country and asks them if they trust her to get us out of Europe(so far I do - she has brooked no interference from those who would thwart the will of the people, even though she said she was a 'remainer').
This is the only way it can be settled.
If by some chance Labour get into power we are all stuffed!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 26-04-2017, 17:18   #99
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If by some chance Labour get into power we are all stuffed!
Only 95% of us will be stuffed, Blaire, Jonesy and the rest will continue their silver-spooned lives whilst blaming it all on the ill educated.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 21:40   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Labour i'm sad to say have become nothing more than embarrassing.
they were only embarrassing a decade ago its much worse now

never did i think growing up i would see the most anti British party be the labour party

its a pity the monster raving looney party isnt still about as they would no be more credible than labour and probably represent British concerns better

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 21:48   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Only 95% of us will be stuffed, Blaire, Jonesy and the rest will continue their silver-spooned lives whilst blaming it all on the ill educated.
if only i wasnt a dumb little hyndburner i might just have got by a little better in life
hilleluk likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 13:50   #102
Beacon of light

This is like Joseph Hellers Catch 22.
If you can determine you are dumb, then you aren't really dumb.
It is those who are dumb, but think they are smart who are the really dumb ones
Less and Gremlin like this.
Old 27-04-2017, 19:26   #103
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Labour & SNP mad mohammedans kicking off & playing the race/religion card because they know they're on their way to a damn good hiding in the elections. How very predictable to say the least!

Muslim MPs Criticise Theresa May for Holding Election During Ramadan
Old 27-04-2017, 19:57   #104
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

To be fair, I don't suppose we'll be likely to have an election on 25th of December that is a bank holiday and all us bankers will be nissed as a prat.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 05:24   #105
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Thing is Less it runs for a Month, Christmas is just a day, on top of that they're expected to carry on as normal except for filling their faces with Kebab during the day.

Seems it's just the followers of the great sky pixie on his unicorn once again trying to subjugate the British way of life to suit their plans for world domination.

Ramadan: A Month of Fasting and Introspection

Ramadan is the ninth month of the 12-month Islamic calendar, which is lunar and based on the phases of the moon. The lunar calendar falls short of the solar calendar by 11 days. As a result, Ramadan doesn’t start on the same date each year and instead passes through all the seasons. Ramadan is celebrated as the month during which Muhammad received the initial revelations of what became the Quran.
During Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn to dusk each day. They are supposed to avoid eating, drinking, smoking and sexual activity, as well as unkind or impure thoughts and words, and immoral behavior. Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint and self-reflection. Fasting is seen as a way to cleanse the soul and have empathy for those in the world who are hungry and less fortunate. Muslims go to work and school and take care of their usual activities during Ramadan; however, some also read the entire Quran, say special prayers and attend mosques more frequently during this time.
All Muslims who have reached puberty and are in good health are required to fast. The sick and elderly, along with travelers, pregnant women and those who are nursing are exempt, although they are supposed to make up for the missed fast days sometime in the future or help feed the poor.
The first pre-dawn meal of the day during Ramadan is called “suhoor.” Each day’s fast is broken with a meal known as “iftar.” Traditionally, a date is eaten to break the fast. Iftars are often elaborate feasts celebrated with family and friends. The types of foods served vary according to culture.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..