Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 14:03   #136
Beacon of light

Re: General Election called

In my opinion(and I know it isn't worth much) the French took the easy option.
Had they voted for Marine Le Pen ,then they would have had some thorny issues to deal with....those issues are not going to go away.
I don't believe that Macron will deal with the issues that are on the minds of the french people(many of those issues are what created the referendum to leave the EU here)

Calling someone racist is a way to stop all discussion. It closes down any debate because people do not like to have labels attached to them.
Resentment over how the elite in France have dealt with the simmering tensions is still there and might just explode.
There is much disillusionment over the channel with the way politics is being operated and many of those who voted for Macron actually did not want him to be president, but didn't want le Pen either.
Not a good foundation on which to build any kind of administration.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-05-2017 at 14:06.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2017, 17:45   #137
Senior Member+

Just to warn you that GJ is knocking on doors.
He walked away from my door after my five word reply.
Was it three words too many.
Old 08-05-2017, 18:19   #138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
LMAO someones pooping their pants if they think they have to remind us that they come from here

wrong way around its he that needs reminding where he came from and for the love of god i wish he would stop trying to con people in to thinking he is OK with brexit he was calling the good people of Hyndburn racists the day after they voted to leave the EU

the people of XXXX arnt as stupid or as racist as he thinks they are.The only reason why he gets elected is because not enough people have the stomach to vote Tory around here it a hard core labour area...

but these areas are falling so fingers crossed

I always consider people that wear scarfs (when it isn't freezing cold) to have pretensions about their class, if you watch T.V. those that think their expertise is greater than what they can put towards a conversation always wear something ridiculous around their neck.

P.S. Free advertising in a political pamphlet? No-one should do that, (By the way get all your mod clothing from Dappers it's not far from there on Warner St (another free advert that is probably more legal)).
ray honda likes this.

Last edited by Less; 08-05-2017 at 18:27.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 18:26   #139
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Was it three words too many.
In a word Russell....yes!
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 18:28   #140
Beacon of light

I hope he doesn't knock at my door.
I will have two words for him...the second one will be 'off'.
Old 08-05-2017, 19:02   #141
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Possibly the votes in Hyndburn in last week's County Council elections put a spring in Graham Jones' step , plus the fact that he will be facing Kevin Horkin again whom he defeated in the last general election , bucking the trend by increasing his majority .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 19:17   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Possibly the votes in Hyndburn in last week's County Council elections put a spring in Graham Jones' step , plus the fact that he will be facing Kevin Horkin again whom he defeated in the last general election , bucking the trend by increasing his majority .
Well only a fool would compare locals to nationals. completely different cup of tea imho, most people i encounter want more than anything to come out of the E.U. more than anything,
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 19:28   #143
Beacon of light

As Cashy says the two beasts are entirely different.
In the local elections I vote for the person who I know will do the best job regardless of the banner under which they travel.
I do not have any Party Political leanings at all. I am one of those floating voters.
In general elections I vote for the party which follows closest to my own core values.
I voted for GJ last time in the hope that a local man with local knowledge would best represent us.
After all he knows our concerns and privations. It was a mistake. He has not done anything at all for Accrington.
I am not a fan of Kevin Horkin, but I might just grit my teeth and vote for him.
Your reasoning is flawed JCB...just because Graham Jones beat him last time does not mean he will beat him this time. There are other factors which need to be considered, not least being the fact that the Labour party has been in disarray for some time, and there is not much faith in Jeremy Corbyn as a leader(either from the Labour MP's or from the electorate in general).
cashman likes this.
Old 08-05-2017, 20:24   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I know quite a few people who have always been Labour, but this General will vote Tory through gritted teeth, for the simple reason only the Torys have shown any real will to get us out of the E.U. also know someone that will abstain before voting Tory. that i understand but do not agree with.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:18   #145
Beacon of light

That is my daughter's predicament.
She cannot find it in herself to vote Tory, but feels that a vote for Labour is not right either.
I can understand abstaining...I have always gone to the polling station but there have been times when I have made sure my vote is void.
Why vote if the vote will change nothing?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:52   #146
God Member

if anyone woudl like to show support i have provided a window banner you can print off and put in your window or any other visible location
Attached Images
File Type: jpg labour2.jpg (19.8 KB, 29 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:57   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have just listened to Labours Co-ordination chap on Sky and he rhymed off all the things that matter he says to people if Labour are elected, sounds crap to me, cos NEVER once did he mention BREXIT!!! which Labour would have to handle if they were elected, well i got news for him. THAT MATTERS TO ME. and many people i know.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:09   #148
Beacon of light

I just listened to Andrew Gwynne on GMB.
He was floundering under the grilling from Piers Morgan. He kept on repeating himself and said nothing of any great value.
This maybe because Labour have no real grasp of what matters to the electorate.
Other than that you can promise absolutely anything when you know that there is very little chance of getting elected.

Accyman, I like your poster.
I bet the canvassers give your house a wide berth.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:21   #149
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if anyone woudl like to show support i have provided a window banner you can print off and put in your window or any other visible location
Can I order a poster please?

Just one slight change to, I would rather cut your leg off.

Last edited by Less; 09-05-2017 at 08:26.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 14:55   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Can I order a poster please?

Just one slight change to, I would rather cut your leg off.
i didnt think you could vote mate due not been able to spell "X"

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..