Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2017, 10:21   #181
JCB

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I voted not to join in 1975.
I don't think you did .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2017, 10:42   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I don't think you did .
That shows exactly what you are JCB,
Old 15-05-2017, 10:54   #183
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That shows exactly what you are JCB,
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 11:01   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
Regarding the reactions to my post, it’s truly amazing what a thorough job our Media propaganda machine does = one newspaper, The Daily Telegraph!

For those who dismissed my suggestion it was a group of Billionaires (from all around the world) = two rich blokes on Sark!

The Barclays own the Telegraph!
So take another daily rag, there are plenty that were, and remain, hostile to those who voted to Leave.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 11:15   #185
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
The insinuation that Margaret is a liar,is nothing but offensive,so if yer confused that makes yeh thick also,
Old 15-05-2017, 11:53   #186
Beacon of light

My recollection was that we were given a vote in 1975 about our membership of the Common Market...so, Ok, it wasn't the EU...but it ceased to be a trading organisation and became the EU. I voted not to stay in. (So we were mis-sold this organisation)
Now if that is what you are referring to, you are right I did not vote for us to stay in the EU as it was not called that then.
I think it is called 'splitting hairs'...I can live with that JCB.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-05-2017 at 11:55.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 11:59   #187
Beacon of light

And for those who are interested, this is the blurb we all received about this vote.
1975 Referendum pamphlet.
Old 15-05-2017, 13:18   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
And for those who are interested, this is the blurb we all received about this vote.
1975 Referendum pamphlet.
11/12 are interesting, saying Will parliment retain its power= assurances that parliment will remain independant. that really came true.
Old 15-05-2017, 13:56   #189
Beacon of light

Yes, it is indeed, interesting to revisit that document and see how things panned out.
Old 15-05-2017, 13:58   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes, it is indeed, interesting to revisit that document and see how things panned out.
Suger should revisit that, somehow i doubt it though.
Old 15-05-2017, 14:48   #191
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
david cameron wasted a lot of money putting his pro eu leaflet through every door in the UK yet the cry babies are upset some people used their own money to fund the leave campaign ?

richard Vranson is a millionaire and throwing funds at trying to over turn the will of the british public wheres the outrage at his disgusting actions
Is it the Will of the people? A tiny minority out of those who could be even bothered to vote? I voted out but now have 2nd thoughts and I think a lot of people regret voting out because now we have to get into bed with that loony Trump to get a trade deal. Theresa May has already groveled to him!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 14:52   #192
God Member

the majority of leave voters wernt influenced by UKIP or any media outlet our minds were made up years ago we were simply waiting for our chance to vote democratically on the issue

the chance in question would never have occurred under labour as proven by our own MP who voted against us having a referendum and doing his part to deny us our voice and say on the matter

i may not be a tory but they will forever have my gratitude for holding a referendum even if good old dave thought the outcome would be different lol

they will also get my vote this time around because i dont want a MP that is pretending to be behind brexit to gain votes when all his actions and words before and after the referendum were the complete opposite

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 14:53   #193
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Is it the Will of the people? A tiny minority out of those who could be even bothered to vote? I voted out but now have 2nd thoughts and I think a lot of people regret voting out because now we have to get into bed with that loony Trump to get a trade deal. Theresa May has already groveled to him!
no problem theres folk who voted remain who now are behind brexit

if someone didnt vote thats tehir own damn fault

both sides could claim them votes but it seems only the remoaners are saying if they voted they woudl have won

i dont mind dealing with trump our country has dealt with a lot worse and he may well be gone in 3 years or so

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 14:58   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Look whos calling Trump a looney.!!
Old 15-05-2017, 15:02   #195
Beacon of light

I do not regret voting out.
The sooner the deal is done the better as far as I am concerned.
I want no part of Europe. I can't tell you on here what I really think of them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..