Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2017, 15:05   #196
Senior Member+

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Look whos calling Trump a looney.!!

You are a brainwashed idiot! Before the internet people iike you were sitting on benches grumbling to everybody that walked by - perhaps you still are sitting on a park bench!

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-05-2017 at 15:07.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2017, 15:23   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You are a brainwashed idiot! Before the internet people iike you were sitting on benches grumbling to everybody that walked by - perhaps you still are sitting on a park bench!
and before the internet this is how people used to date

be smart

be like bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill.jpg (8.6 KB, 12 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 15:41   #198
JCB

Quote:
The insinuation that Margaret is a liar,is nothing but offensive,so if yer confused that makes yeh thick also,
In no way have I ever intended and can see no reason why I should ever intend to insinuate that Margaret is a liar .

I find your comment offensive .

Margaret said , " I voted not to join in 1975."

Margaret did not vote not to join in 1975 .

We were in no position to vote in such a way because we had already joined on the 1st of January 1973 .

The 1975 referendum asked "Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 16:05   #199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
In no way have I ever intended and can see no reason why I should ever intend to insinuate that Margaret is a liar .

We were in no position to vote in such a way because we had already joined on the 1st of January 1973 .

The 1975 referendum asked "Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"
That is correct, so i hold me hand up and apologise.
JCB likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 16:33   #200
Beacon of light

Quote:

Yes, you are right. I have posted a link to the blurb that we all received at the time.
I voted not to join in 1973. I stand corrected.
I certainly did not think you were casting aspersions about my honesty, just that pointing out that I had been unclear in what I said.
The Common Market was sold to the population purely as a trading organisation, but over time it morphed into something more political, something that we were not given a choice on...well, until now that is.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 16:44   #201
JCB

Quote:
That is correct, so i hold me hand up and apologise.
Apology accepted unreservedly .

Thanks .
Old 15-05-2017, 16:55   #202
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, you are right. I have posted a link to the blurb that we all received at the time.
I voted not to join in 1973. I stand corrected.
I certainly did not think you were casting aspersions about my honesty, just that pointing out that I had been unclear in what I said.
The Common Market was sold to the population purely as a trading organisation, but over time it morphed into something more political, something that we were not given a choice on...well, until now that is.
No problems .

Many get confused with the referendums and the details .

Like you I voted to leave the European Community in 1975 and again in last year's referendum .

I still have concerns about how it is all going to work out .

We can't avoid globalisation , and whatever the outcome I can't see how the UK will be a truly independent , self-governing country in my lifetime .
Old 15-05-2017, 17:51   #203
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

A lot of J.C.s manifesto items are very appealing to people, But if he wants Labour Voters to return, he would be very wise to tell us, how he is going to deal with Brexit?cos i and quite a few i know regard that as the main thing.They seem to be avoiding it like the plague,
Old 15-05-2017, 18:36   #204
Beacon of light

He also needs to tell us how all the wonderful promises will be funded.
If he thinks that soaking those considered to be 'rich' will work, I think he is misguided.
He would be slaughtering the goose that laid golden eggs, because these 'rich' folk will just Up sticks, take their money, their expertise and the jobs that go with this and then we really would be in the schizzle.
It would be better if the loopholes which allow tax to be lawfully avoided be closed.
It is time that the likes of Amazon, Starbucks and all those other multinational organisations paid what they owe.
Most of the rich folk have the wherewithal to avail themselves of these avoidance schemes too.
Old 15-05-2017, 18:41   #205
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Many of those wonderful M.P.s from "All" Parties are connected in some way to those firms who avoid tax imho
Old 15-05-2017, 18:46   #206
Beacon of light

Quote:
We can't avoid globalisation , and whatever the outcome I can't see how the UK will be a truly independent , self-governing country in my lifetime .
I don't think I was confused as such. I was referring to the vote in 75.
I actually couldn't remember what year it was that we joined the Common Market...but I know I voted NO on all referenda.
I have never felt European. I do not identify with Europe. I am British...and I know that Britain is a mongrel mix of races.

I know that it is not going to be easy.(nothing that is worth having is ever easy) You are right that we cannot avoid globalisation.
I really hope that I DO live long enough to see us being independent and self governing...and I am a cynical old baggage.
cashman likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 19:01   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think I was confused as such. I was referring to the vote in 75.
I actually couldn't remember what year it was that we joined the Common Market...but I know I voted NO on all referenda.
I have never felt European. I do not identify with Europe. I am British...and I know that Britain is a mongrel mix of races.

I know that it is not going to be easy.(nothing that is worth having is ever easy) You are right that we cannot avoid globalisation.
I really hope that I DO live long enough to see us being independent and self governing...and I am a cynical old baggage.
Agree 100% and i was one that voted to join the common market when thats what it was over the years it has faded into a great big fiddle for the the Euro Fat Cats, and i have wanted to come out of it for quite a few years now, knowing damn well it wont be easy, but i honestly think when my grandchildren are grown up,we will be much better for leaving.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 19:19   #208
Beacon of light

Quote:
Many of those wonderful M.P.s from "All" Parties are connected in some way to those firms who avoid tax imho
My guess is that you would be right, my justification for this suspicion is that if they were not, the loopholes would have been closed by now.
All the parties have known of these loopholes for many years, but they have never been addressed.
Old 15-05-2017, 21:55   #209
Senior Member+

Quote:
A lot of J.C.s manifesto items are very appealing to people, But if he wants Labour Voters to return, he would be very wise to tell us, how he is going to deal with Brexit?cos i and quite a few i know regard that as the main thing.They seem to be avoiding it like the plague,
That concerns me as well Cashy, as does the question of where does he get the money from to pay for all his grandiose schemes - or should I say pipe dreams. I have seen he is going to tax the rich - however if taxed too much they will just leave and cease to pay tax. Someone said better to receive 30% off 2 people than 50% off 1 person, added to which are the employees of 1 person that suddenly have no job and therefore cease to pay tax. Confuses the hell out of me.
Old 16-05-2017, 01:01   #210
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
That concerns me as well Cashy, as does the question of where does he get the money from to pay for all his grandiose schemes - or should I say pipe dreams. I have seen he is going to tax the rich - however if taxed too much they will just leave and cease to pay tax. Someone said better to receive 30% off 2 people than 50% off 1 person, added to which are the employees of 1 person that suddenly have no job and therefore cease to pay tax. Confuses the hell out of me.
maybe diane abbot will be coming forward with an explanation in the next few days on the figures

tax - funding = marmalade

or something like that with her math skills

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..