Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2017, 17:11   #226
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Come on Less, he has helped 9,000 constituents during his terms in office which is to be applauded - at first glance. Of course one should take that number and compare it against the number of constituents over the same period - which results in only a very small percentage
Obviously 9,000 isn't 95%, 95% is the amount of constituents he pee'd off or ignored.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2017, 17:14   #227
Beacon of light

Quote:
Come on Less, he has helped 9,000 constituents during his terms in office which is to be applauded - at first glance. Of course one should take that number and compare it against the number of constituents over the same period - which results in only a very small percentage
Are those his figures, or are they independently audited?
I think he perhaps studied sums at the sams school Diane Abbot went to.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 19:34   #228
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Are those his figures, or are they independently audited?
The 9,000 is from his election pamphlet - the A5 one that someone stuffed through the letterbox. I then took a rough average of the population figures, multiply by the number of years he has been MP, and came to the conclusion that he has only helped a very small percentage of the constituents.
Got really slagged by some of his acolytes for pointing out that the A5 size pamphlet was printed in London. I will see if it scans OK and post it but the Printer's address is done in very faint lettering, so not holding my breath.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 19-05-2017, 19:53   #229
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Seems to be a labour thing, all about teflon Tonies 3 point edjamacation, edjyerbets & err!
Old 19-05-2017, 20:42   #230
God Member

Quote:
The 9,000 is from his election pamphlet - the A5 one that someone stuffed through the letterbox. I then took a rough average of the population figures, multiply by the number of years he has been MP, and came to the conclusion that he has only helped a very small percentage of the constituents.
Got really slagged by some of his acolytes for pointing out that the A5 size pamphlet was printed in London. I will see if it scans OK and post it but the Printer's address is done in very faint lettering, so not holding my breath.
careful barrie going on about the pamphlets you will have the GJAS on you ( graham jones appreciation society )

funny thing about election time is you ask a valid question and you get berated and insulted by his support club to the point they even question if you are a real person and insist people who say you are real show you proof that you arnt also a liar lol

the rest of the election cycle just like him they cant be seen anwhere other than pointing at the odd pot hole or dodgy railing in the local rag

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 20:55   #231
Beacon of light

Barrie, I got the pamphlet.
It wasn't even much good for starting up the fire.
I could not abide to read it.
Actions speak louder than words and there haven't been many of those which have benefitted the borough...and for goodness sake, they always big themselves up on such promotional literature. I don't believe any of that tat.
Old 19-05-2017, 21:07   #232
God Member

i chose not to join in and complain about the labour pamphlet as it woudl have been about as relevant to me as complaining about where my andrex bog roll was made

as long as it removes the poop from my bum i dont really care where it was made

AS FOR THE ANDREX BOG ROLL ............

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 22:05   #233
Senior Member+

My pamphlet has been recycled without even reading it
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 22:40   #234
Senior Member+

My comment about the pamphlet was that I could not understand why GJ, an ex print worker had not supported local industry by having the pamphlet printed in London. I was abused and called a liar by one of his acolytes - a member of the GJAS as DinG puts it and called a Tory troll by another couple of people. It has caused quite a stir and absolute denials that any of his pamphlets were printed outside of the constituency by a number of people.
Fortunately I had kept the pamphlet and have now scanned it and tried a print of it. The details of the printer are hard to read as it was very faint but it shows clearly when a copy is printed - it also says that was "Promoted by Miles Parkinson on behalf of Graham Jones" It gets stranger and stranger.
Old 19-05-2017, 22:42   #235
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I hope you paid your taxes on these extra jobs...

...Of course you did.
Of course I did Less, just like you do
Old 20-05-2017, 09:26   #236
God Member

If winter fuel payment is to be means tested that clearly means that only the pensioners on pension credit wiill get it. That is the least expensive way of administering it.
When trying to find out how many will still get I could only find this official figure -

"Pension Credit - Parliament UK
researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN01439/SN01439.pdf
Currently, just under half of pensioners (45 per cent) are eligible for Pension Credit to top up their state pension. .
It is also worth noting that Pension Credit is not claimed by around a third of pensioners who are entitled to it,"

So only 66% of 45% will get it - i.e. 2/3rds of less that half of all pensioners = massive savings for the exchequer.

When pensioners realise this there will be a drop in the tory vote.
A shot in the foot by T May

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 09:44   #237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its quite possible i think that it will be done in that manner,though any drop in T.M.s vote will not be significant imho.and i also think shes aware of that.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-05-2017, 11:20   #238
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

When pensioners realise this there will be a drop in the tory vote.
A shot in the foot by T May
There is time for her to change her mind .

She's been pretty adept at that .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 12:43   #239
Beacon of light

I think it is a bit unfair to say she is adept at changing her mind.
Sometimes in life you have to adjust your course because circumstances change(or your perception of the circumstances change...you have more/better information). To remain on the same course without taking into account of circumstances is foolhardy, stubborn and sometimes it is dangerous. As the Captain of the Titanic would tell you...if he could, that is.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:48   #240
Beacon of light

I really don't care if my Winter Fuel payment is withdrawn as long as we get out(right out...not one foot in and one foot out...this isn't the hokey cokey)of the clutches of those like Juncker and Barnier...and get to choose ourown course in the world.
I don't even care that those pensioners in Scotland will keep theirs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..