Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2017, 15:59   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: How Is This Right?

Typical police defend the trespassers.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 23-08-2017, 18:16   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Strangely although I know it's wrong that a so called £3,000 worth of damage, (probably £250 + inflation) has been caused to a caravan, surely it's their own fault, they knew parking where they did is illegal and no doubt would cause rumblings, the pikers do not get my sympathy.

Last edited by Less; 23-08-2017 at 18:20.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 18:17   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Typical police defend the trespassers.
Cashy, I thought you always 'told it as it is'!!

For 'trespassers', read 'gypos'.

Probably get in trouble for that, but, hey ho, who cares!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 18:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Strangely although I know it's wrong that a so called £3,000 worth of damage, (probably £250 + inflation) has been caused to a caravan, surely it's their own fault, they knew parking where they did is illegal and no doubt would cause rumblings, the pikees do not get my sympathy.

Less, I thought the £3k referred to the field?

Damage to the caravan, I couldn't care 'Less' about!
Less likes this.
Old 23-08-2017, 18:26   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Less, I thought the £3k referred to the field?

Damage to the caravan, I couldn't care 'Less' about!
Well, the piccy above the 3k quote was a caravan, not a problem the pikers will make that back from the next driveway they re-tarmac and rip off a pensioner for.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 23:49   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
While here in Germany, the P'keys soon move on when plod turns to, might have something with them all being armed & quite happy to use a baton on miscreants.

https://www.thelocal.de/20170811/iri...n-rhine-region
Same in France DinG, they turn up in a village or small town, within 30/40 mins the Police are there - not the normal Gendarmes but the rough lads with body armour, big, big sticks and guns - the unwelcome mass depart very quickly. Why, Why can't we effectively control these incidents, where others are left to clear up the mess they leave behind them?
Old 24-08-2017, 06:44   #22

The Germans have a long history of dealing with gypsies.

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/mobile/en/...uleId=10005482

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24-08-2017, 08:18   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=nowandzen;1200180]The Germans have a long history of dealing with gypsies.

we have a long history of pussyfooting around with them. they park up on ground owned by somebody then all the rigmarole starts up which seems to take weeks before they can be legally moved. they are there illegally in the first place so why can,t they be moved straight away. i know it might be an old wives tale but have heard their tax and insurance on their vehicles leave a lot to be desired so stop em check their documents and take the vehicles away. if it was you that drove the vehicle you know what would happen.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 10:47   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandzen View Post
The Germans have a long history of dealing with gypsies.

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/mobile/en/...uleId=10005482

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what?
Old 24-08-2017, 13:54   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
the pikers will make that back from the next driveway they re-tarmac and rip off a pensioner for.
Been there, had my driveway done a few years ago by someone 'recommended' by my next door neighbour.... too late, realised they were gypos, poor quality result, when I said I wasn't happy with standard of work & would pay balance (£250 from a total of £3k), in one month, to see how it 'settled', they threatened to 'knee-cap' me if I didn't pay immediately! Needless to say, coward that I am, I value intact knees at much more than £250, so paid up.
Luckily, they didn't come back & break my windows or take a sledgehammer to my car, as I half expected!

Valuable lesson learned!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..