Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree209Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 06:03   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
At the end of the day TM's not an elected prime minister, hell she's not even an elected leader of her own party - she's only there by default, she gambled & it's backfired big time - well done Theresa, good job
And THAT was precisely WHY she went to an election.

She was told those things many times and it left her feeling she had no choice but go to election to get the support of the people.
They have not backed her and it leaves us weaker in terms of negotiation in Europe, in terms of security and in terms of borders.
A hung parliament is not a good thing so close to the date when negotiations on Brexit start.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2017, 06:16   #17
God Member

A hung parliament isn't a good thing, full stop Margaret - not unless the two main parties can find common ground & work together for the good of the country & I very much doubt that is going to happen anytime soon
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:24   #18
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
So you voted for may then? lol
What makes you say that?
I was not in a position to vote for Theresa May.
She was not standing for election in this borough.
If you have read any of my posts you will know that I would not vote for GJ...but it could have been any of the other three candidates.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:26   #19
JCB

Oh dear , Mother Theresa !

What a fine mess you have got us into !

You are a weak , wobbly , incompetent , political idiot !

Get out !

Get out !

Get out !
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:29   #20
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
A hung parliament isn't a good thing, full stop Margaret - not unless the two main parties can find common ground & work together for the good of the country & I very much doubt that is going to happen anytime soon
You are right there Accymad.
There will be little that they can agree on. If one said it was day, the other would disagree.
We have had a taste of coalition and it was not a good experience, Clegg and Cameron did not cut the mustard.
I can't see May and Corbyn doing it
This does not bode well for the future. Neither does calling for Theresa May to stand down.
We need someone who will be firm when seeking a settlement for Brexit.
The EU already know that Corbyn would do a deal at any price.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:31   #21
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

Get out !

Get out !

Get out !
You missed 'us'.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

Get out !

Get out !

Get out !
You lot are the idiots full stop.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:49   #23

May only called the Election because she thought she would get a landslide victory, she didn't need to call an Election but gambled and lost seats but she won't resign !!! At least Cameron went when it was time to go.
JCB likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:51   #24
I am Banned

The youth voted for the free tuition that they thought was for all subjects but if they'd read into it they'd see it's only certain subjects labour wanted to make free, little scrounging lefties
KiTChener and maxthecollie like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:12   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
May only called the Election because she thought she would get a landslide victory, she didn't need to call an Election but gambled and lost seats but she won't resign !!! At least Cameron went when it was time to go.
No, she didn't.
She called an election because the referendum went in favour of Brexit.
Cameron turned and ran.
The people kept sniping, telling TM that she was unelected, that she had no mandate from the electorate, that she was not being true to the party manifesto.
That meant she had little choice but to go to the country and ask for the mandate.
That is it in a nutshell.
All elections are a gamble regardless of when they are called.
This result is not good news for the country, but the country has spoken.
Now we have to get on with the task of clearing up the mess...so get your sleeves rolled up and get ready to put some BAS in( britches arse steam).
KiTChener likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:31   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lets just look at true fact, Corbyn ran a very effective campaign no doubt at all. Hyndburns M.P. has always been completely against Corbyn, in fact initially resigned the Labour Whip, so what that says about the 95% our M.P. insulted, is the fact most of em are obviously Labour Voters.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:31   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, she didn't.
She called an election because the referendum went in favour of Brexit.
Cameron turned and ran.
The people kept sniping, telling TM that she was unelected, that she had no mandate from the electorate, that she was not being true to the party manifesto.
That meant she had little choice but to go to the country and ask for the mandate.
That is it in a nutshell.
All elections are a gamble regardless of when they are called.
This result is not good news for the country, but the country has spoken.
Now we have to get on with the task of clearing up the mess...so get your sleeves rolled up and get ready to put some BAS in( britches arse steam).
That's your opinion which your entitled to I have mine which is that she thought she would hit Labour when she thought they were down and out and wipe them away. That's what all the Press were saying at the time and the British Public decided not to back her.

It just makes me wonder if Labour had an exceptional Leader what might have been. I voted for Graham Jones as I like the lad and wanted him to win again.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:42   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i also like him shurm, in fact sometimes he stands for a natter up the wham, but i certainly did not vote for him this time, i voted for what i consider best for my family, especially my grandkids.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:01   #29
God Member

we can all go on about should she shouldn,t she in calling this election. for me all that,s going to happen is we.ll have to go through all this again in less than twelve months time. the problem is going to be all what happens from now till the next election. see more wishy washy policies coming out and a brexit disaster about to unfold. not a happy little bunny this morning.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:02   #30

The daft thing is people voted for Brexit but none of the major Parties wanted it !! The Conservatives had to run with it and Cameron resigned and May picked the baton up saw a chance to enhance her position and it failed. However that still leaves the majority of us with no one really representing the views we voted for in the Brexit Referendum. I think the last two votes have been a protest vote by many who feel no one is actually giving people what we all want, a fairer society with tighter border controls, a welfare state that looks after the vulnerable and an NHS that's funded correctly.
KiTChener and DaveinGermany like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..