Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree209Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 20:14   #166
I am Banned

Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Electric cars are more environmentally friendly than petrol/diesel cars but not as much as many will think.
The cO2 that they save when driving they just make when they're being produced so they make no difference. You need a new battery every 3 years which can cost around 7 grand, they don't tell you the small print about electric cars
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2017, 08:54   #167
God Member

still keeping my v6 and v8 vehicles plus my poluting old diesel car for stanley home games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 19:49   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
The cO2 that they save when driving they just make when they're being produced so they make no difference. You need a new battery every 3 years which can cost around 7 grand, they don't tell you the small print about electric cars
3 years ? Which electric car needs a battery every 3 years ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 20:17   #169
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
3 years ? Which electric car needs a battery every 3 years ?
Nissan Leaf, experts found out the battery would only last 3-5 years
Old 06-07-2017, 20:20   #170

Quote:
Come on, Shurm, you have/had a Leaf....
What's the truth?
Shurm likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 20:27   #171

0.01% Failures, 3 Failures in Europe out of 35000 cars up to 2015. You've got an 8 year warranty on the battery anyway. Still got one had a few this ones in Stanley Red with the Stanley sticker in back window.

https://cleantechnica.com/2015/03/25...ill-operation/

Last edited by Shurm; 06-07-2017 at 20:32.
Old 06-07-2017, 20:29   #172

Old 06-07-2017, 20:33   #173

Quote:
0.01% Failures, 3 Failures in Europe out of 35000 cars up to 2015. You've got an 8 year warranty on the battery anyway. Still got one had a few this ones in Stanley Red with the Stanley sticker in back window
Haven't noticed this one, still got your own name on the number plate?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 20:39   #174

Not yet only just got it but will be on as soon as I get my flipping plates which are in the post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:15   #175

Quote:
So which experts were these then ?
Old 08-07-2017, 20:55   #176
I am Banned

Quote:
So which experts were these then ?
A new Leaf gets about 85 miles per charge (what is often called “up to 100 miles”). Some Leaf owners in hot-weather climates who drove a lot, nearly 20,000 miles a year, have found they’re only getting 60 or so miles per charge 12-14 months into the cars’ lives. Nissan says the “glide path” for a normal Leaf’s battery degradation is down to 70%-80% capacity after five years and about 70% after 10 years so these batteries may be getting old before their time. The issue is not minor: The manufacturing cost of the Leaf’s battery is around $15,000, so replacing the battery is half the cost of the car.
Old 09-07-2017, 00:22   #177
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
0.01% Failures, 3 Failures in Europe out of 35000 cars up to 2015. You've got an 8 year warranty on the battery anyway. Still got one had a few this ones in Stanley Red with the Stanley sticker in back window.

https://cleantechnica.com/2015/03/25...ill-operation/
What real world miles per charge are you getting please? Did you notice the range decrease with battery age or have you not had them long enough to notice?

I'm interested in electric cars but the UK isn't ready for them on a massive scale yet. We don't have enough charging points, don't have enough capacity in the national grid and many people don't have a drive or garage at home to charge them.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:04   #178
God Member

Quote:
What real world miles per charge are you getting please? Did you notice the range decrease with battery age or have you not had them long enough to notice?

I'm interested in electric cars but the UK isn't ready for them on a massive scale yet. We don't have enough charging points, don't have enough capacity in the national grid and many people don't have a drive or garage at home to charge them.
this is England lad we will hook them up to the lamp posts to charge em
DaveinGermany likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:06   #179
God Member

i wonder how much it woudl cost to charge an electric car on a pay as you go meter

it seems to me everyone is on a different tarrif of payment even within the same company

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:38   #180

Quote:

I get about 80-90 miles on a full charge Neil which I do at home once a week (cost £1.50-£2) but I could use the one in town which takes 20 minutes and was free but I think its £6-7 quid a month after a 6 month free trial. Every motorway services have the rapid chargers as well and some garages have them also. Places like the Trafford Centre have parking spaces and charge points.

There not for everyone I admit but I only do 4 mile to work and back so it suits us but the new leaf due out later this year is supposed to do 200 miles which I think will change things.

The cars seem expensive as a list price but people don't buy these cars outright brand new they will lease or put them on a pcp of some kind as its effectively renting but if you look into it you can get one as cheap monthly as say a small supermini.

Had one for 2 years which I've replaced didn't loose any bars on the battery state which it displays on the screen. You have a 8 year warranty on the battery anyway and servicing is cheap as no oil and filters to replace.

Volvo have just announced from 2019 all their cars will have some kind of electric motor whether it be hybrid or full electric.

It will come in time but my reason for having one is that its a cheap brand new car to drive if I'm honest I'm certainly no tree hugger .
Neil likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..