Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Scum are at it again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
As are a great many low level laws, because the police have no longer got the resources to deal with them.
Agree about lack of resources, but dont regard "Burglary" as low level?
Old 02-01-2018, 05:47   #32

If the items stolen are worth less than £200 then the police will.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 18:50   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
As are a great many low level laws, because the police have no longer got the resources to deal with them.
One classic, in my opinion, was the introduction of 20 mph zones and the cost of all the signs - hundreds of thousands of £s ??????

How many have been prosecuted for speeding in them? They can't even catch the ones that exceed the 30 mph limits or the red light jumpers. Why introduce laws that cannot be policed?
Old 02-01-2018, 18:57   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They very rarely catch anyone using a mobile whilst driving, a serious danger to life, yet i see loads on a daily basis.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:22   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They very rarely catch anyone using a mobile whilst driving, a serious danger to life, yet i see loads on a daily basis.
seem mainly interested in having a blitz on mobile users on motorways. use em whilst driving round town you probably get away with it as there is no one to spot you.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:07   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
One classic, in my opinion, was the introduction of 20 mph zones and the cost of all the signs - hundreds of thousands of £s ??????

How many have been prosecuted for speeding in them? They can't even catch the ones that exceed the 30 mph limits or the red light jumpers. Why introduce laws that cannot be policed?
LCC will not combat red light jumping in fact Lancashire County Council fully back and support red light jumpers and activly encourage it

they have switched off all red light jumping cameras in lancashire in order to protect red light jumpers from smashing in to each other when the red light jumper slams on when seeing a flash making the second red light jumper collide in to the back of him

Lancashire County Council do not support the blind person crossing when told to do so by the button placed underneath the WAIT box and most certainly do not support the person going obeying the law and going through green who may well be injured or even killed by the people they protect who jump red lights

If Lancashire County Council had even the most remote intention of combating red light jumping each and every set of lights they have installed in the past 10 years would have had them fitted from the day of installation

instead they turned them all off across the county

LCC however will come down on you like a ton of bricks if you slightly wander in to a bus lane

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-01-2018 at 14:10.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:46   #37
God Member

Another similar incident yesterday near to the spot where the swans were shot, a cat was shot dead - can't be a coincidence, they need to catch them & threaten the sods at gunpoint - see how they'd like it. Mindless thugs!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 15:06   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Another similar incident yesterday near to the spot where the swans were shot, a cat was shot dead - can't be a coincidence, they need to catch them & threaten the sods at gunpoint - see how they'd like it. Mindless thugs!
Typical scum behaviour, Also typical police seem to have done sod all.
Old 07-01-2018, 15:53   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
LCC will not combat red light jumping in fact Lancashire County Council fully back and support red light jumpers and activly encourage it

they have switched off all red light jumping cameras in lancashire in order to protect red light jumpers from smashing in to each other when the red light jumper slams on when seeing a flash making the second red light jumper collide in to the back of him

Red Light cameras in London - where they are at most junctions, do not flash. LCC did not appear to keep up with modern technology.
Old 07-01-2018, 16:26   #40
Beacon of light

Quote:
I wonder if it is the same two scumbags who got into our car port to rob from my freezer...they have been in before and stolen ice cream and lollies...last week because the could not remove the new lock that had been used to secure the door, they tried to torch the freezer.
To be fair our local community police officer visited the day it was reported.

if these two lads had been successful in setting the freezer alight they might have f found themselves toasted as well, because it is our wood store and would have gone up like a Roman candle.

The policeman said he had a strong suspicion as to who these lads were and was going to view footage. on the Express gifts CCTV system.

Anyway the next time they come calling they will find that their entry has been bricked up...they can get their ice cream like we do...at Iceland!
A pox on them.
AccyMad and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 20:36   #41
Full Member+

Should have set up a alarm that fire's a blank shotgun cartridge, then CPO could have followed their trail home.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 13:45   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
This pic is from social media, I had to edit it but I think you’ll get the message.

5F2A2D2E-6F2D-4349-84E1-6BAE27448582.jpeg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 16:03   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hope someone grasses this piece of crap.
Old 08-01-2018, 16:16   #44
Beacon of light

Me too...and I hope they shoot his arsenal full of buckshot. Then he might know some pain.
A poor defenceless creature.
I would not need any reward to grass up this slimeball.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 19:05   #45
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
This pic is from social media, I had to edit it but I think you’ll get the message.

Attachment 56531
And what's the betting plod will be knocking on her door warning her off! Absolutely disgusted with the way the Country has gone.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..