Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2018, 19:53   #61
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Scum are at it again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
can't do that Dave we have some strong laws against that.
Ah, but in the good old days of plod custody & walking into cell doors or falling down the stairs ...... As good enough an excuse today as it was then & Joe Public could use it too to cover a multitude of sins.
cashman and Big Joe like this.
Old 19-01-2018, 19:57   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ah, but in the good old days of plod custody & walking into cell doors or falling down the stairs ...... As good enough an excuse today as it was then & Joe Public could use it too to cover a multitude of sins.
I once recall i fell down the stairs, complete bull. the only stairs yon, led up to the dock in court. lol
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 19-01-2018, 20:05   #63
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I once recall i fell down the stairs, complete bull. the only stairs yon, led up to the dock in court. lol
Ah well, that's cos you're a villainous felon Mr.Cashmeister!
cashman likes this.
Old 18-02-2018, 13:22   #64
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And today while I'm off on one, that other Scum formerly known as Jon Venables, is bleating about a little scalding in the nick, maybe a little time reflecting on his past behaviour may make him realise hes getting it easy!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92...g-water-prison

As to the Screws "Doing nothing at first!", he should be thankful they've been so infiltrated by leftist liberal pussies. Had it only been the bad old days he'd of had the Screws handing the cons buckets filled with boiling water, then ambling off for a "smoke break", only to come back to find a boiling, bloodied rendered pulp lying their screaming & squealing like a bitch!

The Worlds gone soft if you ask me!
Old 18-02-2018, 13:35   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its a pity they didn't end his existence imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-02-2018, 13:42   #66

They should bring back hanging
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 13:44   #67
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
They should bring back hanging
That gets my vote!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 18-02-2018, 14:01   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That gets my vote!
Better still if the cons do the job costs nowt.
Old 18-02-2018, 14:01   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its a pity they didn't end his existence imho.
££££££££££££ saved
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 12:47   #70
God Member

A thread about scum - this definitely fits into that category, the scumbag who killed the lady in Rishton on Boxing Day in the hit & run incident has been sentenced & what did he get for totally destroying a family, 8 sodding years!! An absolute disgrace!
KiTChener, cashman and hilleluk like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 13:17   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
A thread about scum - this definitely fits into that category, the scumbag who killed the lady in Rishton on Boxing Day in the hit & run incident has been sentenced & what did he get for totally destroying a family, 8 sodding years!! An absolute disgrace!
This and i have wiped better off the sole of my shoe, will no doubt do only 4 years then get released,
Old 21-02-2018, 17:23   #72
God Member

I remember reading that because he entered an early guilty plea he'd be entitled to a reduction to his sentence - who makes these sodding rules?!
Any reduction should have been nullified by the fact that it took 4 days to find the snivelling coward after he fled the scene, I'm just absolutely flabbergasted by the injustice of this.
No amount of years in prison would help make it even the teeniest better for her family but 8 is just a massive insult to them & to Susan's memory.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 21:01   #73

Prison doesn't work. With the best will in the world it just doesn't. So what do we do. We have this liberal approach where its no real deterrent. 8yrs but only do 4. Fact most cons reoffend and as prison is no deterrent the amount of offenders actually increases plus you have this revolving door thing going on at the prison gates. I was in Dubai in October. A Liverpool drug dealer was sentenced to 25yrs. And he will do 25yrs which starts from the date of his sentence. Now that more like it! That's the kind of thing we need, that is a deterrant. Personally I would also bring back the death penalty because we now have repeat murderers people who have already taken a life and served a sentence. Save the cash and a life!
Old 04-03-2018, 21:07   #74
Beacon of light

I'll drink to that.
The reason that prison does not work is that it is just too comfortable.
Prisoners can get their drugs, they can get phones...ok, they don't have their freedom, but that is a fair trade off.
And it appears there is no shame to having done 'bird'...it is almost worn as a badge of honour.
Many pensioners would like to have three meals a day, no bills to pay....no wonder they go back in, it beats sleeping under a canal bridge.
cashman, hilleluk and Big Joe like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:15   #75

Margaret that’s an excellent point. The state has a duty of care to everyone but it strikes me there is a bigger duty of care to the dead heads in prison than to honest hard working people. If it was down to me prison would constitute a blanket three squares a day and as a duty of care to provide very small hammers for them to spend long hours breaking very large rocks for long periods on the day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..