Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2018, 14:14   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Steady on now Bazza, some might think yer 'avin a little gloatlet there! 5 points isn't the greatest of margins my friend, you just keep looking over your shoulder .....
Always do DinG, especially when the scousers are trying to creep up on us
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2018, 15:05   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Accyweb feels like a family.

Can certainly vouch for that, Margaret, after my recent experience!!
Thanks to all for your support.

Gerard xx
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 23:34   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
I agree Bob,but it needs regulars like the contributors to this debate to keep putting their twopenarth in, otherwise Accyweb will follow the sites you describe.
Tha right Jim I use tu like postin or responding on here, but theres not many topics these days, an tu cap id all my ability tu type in a bigger an clearer font as bin turned off, and sum posts are difficuly tu read, my eyes arent as good as they wur, I know I can wheel the screen up an down, but I have it set for other things, an ids a ball aykur rollin up an down, taken me agis typing this, an ids me bedtime an all.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:17   #49
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Tha right Jim I use tu like postin or responding on here, but theres not many topics these days, an tu cap id all my ability tu type in a bigger an clearer font as bin turned off, and sum posts are difficuly tu read, my eyes arent as good as they wur, I know I can wheel the screen up an down, but I have it set for other things, an ids a ball aykur rollin up an down, taken me agis typing this, an ids me bedtime an all.
Have you changed something on your settings? Most people with a few posts can change font etc
Old 12-02-2018, 04:47   #50
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Always do DinG, especially when the scousers are trying to creep up on us
Ahem!! Sneak, sneak, sneak!
Old 12-02-2018, 12:39   #51
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you changed something on your settings? Most people with a few posts can change font etc
Nope not done anything with settings, I wouldn't know how to change them any way, the ability to change fonts occured between visits, even when I try to edit, the go advanced bar at the bottom has done abunk as well, am gedding to owd fu all this messin about, ids doing me head in. If a were a horse they'd av shot me years ago.
Old 12-02-2018, 13:37   #52

I have really enjoyed this debate. 51 posts is not bad is it? To change the subject it is lovely and sunny here in East Yorkshire , no snow an no need for any gritters.Try us for your holidays!!!
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 15:14   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
I have really enjoyed this debate. 51 posts is not bad is it? To change the subject it is lovely and sunny here in East Yorkshire , no snow an no need for any gritters.Try us for your holidays!!!
Flamin Eck Jim lad, id must be painful evin tu admit thar in puddin land.
A thowt ony them as wur 1/2 baked an 2 punce shillin lived in yon place.
Wur all benna ev tu pray tha meks a gud recovery.
Jim Procter likes this.
Old 12-02-2018, 15:32   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
I've been scrollin back an forth, and there is no way I can change any settings, nothin to click on now.
Old 13-02-2018, 14:11   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I've been scrollin back an forth, and there is no way I can change any settings, nothin to click on now.
Reset your profile, see if it works now
Old 13-02-2018, 15:00   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Reset your profile, see if it works now
Ecky Thump, Great, thats more like it, now a can see what I'm doing, its easier on me een.
I read an article on eye sight a month or two back, it said that you need twice the light power to see at fourty, than what you needed at 20, and so on, it must be right, I now need two pairs of glsses, and the reading lamp on to read paper, I did have one of sheets of funny plastic once for reading paper, but I've lost it, migt of left it trapped int paper an binned it.
Old 13-02-2018, 23:16   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ahem!! Sneak, sneak, sneak!
The scousers have certainly set their sights much higher than previous years. Now chasing a second place finish - we are looking nervously over our shoulders - is this a new pinnacle for them, have they ever finished in second place in the Premier League before?

Not only the football team, but the touch line antics, which are quite amusing.

Not only have the team got delusions of grandeur but the rabble have graduated from hub caps, through wheels to their latest effortsScousers again.jpg
Old 14-02-2018, 05:16   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Not only have the team got delusions of grandeur but the rabble have graduated from hub caps, through wheels to their latest effortsAttachment 56572
Some good scrappy money in panzer running gear & tracks!
Old 14-02-2018, 08:22   #59
Senior Member+

What’s the going rate for an old Trabant DiG?
Old 14-02-2018, 11:09   #60
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
What’s the going rate for an old Trabant DiG?
About tuppence a ton Gremlin.

But if you're serious though, they can still be found for sale & depending what you're after, well, the depths of your pockets make the difference.

https://www.autoscout24.de/auto/trab...SAAEgJTQ_D_BwE

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 14-02-2018 at 11:12.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..