Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 11:16   #1

13th February 1954

Just thought I’d let you know that Joan and me have been married for 64 years.We have 5 children-3 lads and 2 lasses,17 grandchildren and 21 great grandchildren and 1 on the way. Haven’t we been busy? Can anyone on here better that? Just bragging!!!
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2018, 11:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 13th February 1954

Nice one jim, sod all wrong wi blowing yer own trumpet.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 11:32   #3
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nice one jim, sod all wrong wi blowing yer own trumpet.
might get banned if I respond to that one cashy
hilleluk likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 11:41   #4

I was in the RAF at the time.I got a 48 hour pass and travelled up to Hull from Cornwall on the night train arriving in Hull at 10 in the morning.The Wedding was in Hull registry office at 11.We celebrated with a cup of tea in Joan’s place,went to the pictures in the afternoon and spent our honeymoon in Joan’s aunties back bedroom in a single bed.Back to Cornwall the next day. Bit of a change from today’s weddings which cost a fortune.It will never last ,all the doomsayers prophesied!!!Well we proved them wrong, didn’t we?
cashman, Rowlf and hilleluk like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 11:53   #5
Full Member+

Well done Mr +Mrs Procter. I will have done 50 years this year, have Son + Daughter, 3 Grandchildren but have had load's of dog's + ferrets in between.
Jim Procter and hilleluk like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:00   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think yeh always get doomsayers jim many said i wouldn't last 6 months, did 29 years before i lost her,
Jim Procter likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:20   #7
Full Member+

Congratulations Jim. It is certainly something to brag about. Who says 13 is unlucky eh? I was born on a 13th and it has always been my lucky number .It is obviously your too.
cashman, Jim Procter and hilleluk like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:29   #8

Many congratulations, Mr & Mrs Procter, what a wonderful legacy you have left with all your offspring!

Like Cashy, many people gave us six months when we wed in 1966, but at the time of losing her, we had managed nearly 52 years! We have two daughters, four grandchildren, and, currently one & a half great grandsons!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:51   #9
I am Banned

Wink Re: 13th February 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Just thought I’d let you know that Joan and me have been married for 64 years.We have 5 children-3 lads and 2 lasses,17 grandchildren and 21 great grandchildren and 1 on the way. Haven’t we been busy? Can anyone on here better that? Just bragging!!!
OOOO some folk are so dammed lucky, dusti know Jim Procter, Ooooooo I ate you, ave ed tu pud up wi mine fur 53 yeers, an wiv lived in this ouse for 50 on em, during that time her voice has developed some what, she now has a 3 octave range, Nasty, Orribul, & Vile,
but in the long run I'm lucky in one way, all my years spent shootin has made me almost Mutt an Jeff, an I worship the ground thats coming to her.

Last edited by Retlaw; 13-02-2018 at 13:53.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 14:15   #10

You don’t really mean that you, do you Walter. I’ll bet she’s a lovely lass, a treasure.
Old 13-02-2018, 14:40   #11
God Member

congrats. jim. from a serial divorcee i do not know how you did it.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 15:02   #12

It’s not easy M H, it takes lots of effort. It starts with mad passionate love that developes into mutual respect. It involves trust and seeing the other persons point of view.As an old Auntie once said to me, never go to sleep on an argument.And finally you reach companionship, never going anywhere without her, she’s always by your side through thick and thin.Tell her every day that you love her more than anything in the world.That my friend is love, undying love,
Old 13-02-2018, 16:00   #13
Beacon of light

Jim, and Mrs Jim...many congratulations to you both.
Here's wishing you more happy years together.
We have clocked up 51....and I think people think it just happens, but it doesn't you still have to work at it.

Well done the two of you.
M x
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 16:06   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Many congratulations, Mr & Mrs Procter, what a wonderful legacy you have left with all your offspring!

Like Cashy, many people gave us six months when we wed in 1966, but at the time of losing her, we had managed nearly 52 years! We have two daughters, four grandchildren, and, currently one & a half great grandsons!
You know, that is exactly what my dad said to me...'I'll give it six months'.
When it was our silver wedding my dad came to my house with a silver teapot and sugar bowl...as he congratulated me...I said to him..'it has been a long six months Dad...it felt like 25years to me'.
He grinned and said 'like all women, you have to prove us men wrong'

'Yes dad, you're learning well, just get a few more lessons under your be.t and you might just pass'.
Old 13-02-2018, 16:08   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Jim you have earned those bragging rights. Well done!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..