Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: IS this the best way to make people safer
YES REMOVE THEM FROM THE U.K. 12 92.31%
NO LEAVE THEM HERE. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2018, 10:28   #16
Beacon of light

Re: This mornings incident in London!

We should not keep quiet about our worries.
We should feel free to speak about them.
Every time a politician turns up on our doorstep canvassing for votes, the subject should be brought up and he/she asked what THEY plan to do about it.
Pester them...let them know that you consider they are not doing a good job.

When we talk about these issues, those who have different views are inclined to brand us as racists.
That is their way of closing down any meaningful discussion and it is calculated to make us shut up.
I am pleased that this will not work on you(or me either).
Like you, I say it as I see it.
If that is a problem then it is yours not mine(I mean 'yours' in a collective sense....this is not aimed at you Cashy)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2018, 10:31   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Oh i have even sent a tweet to Our P.M. saying exactly what i said on here, a couple of days ago, after she put one on, but guess what? she aint replied to it.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:31   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have just been reading a speech by a new Australian Senator, he says "Whilst all Muslims are NOT terrorists, certainly all terrorists these days are Muslim, so why allow more in the country? i personally think thats a very good question, and certainly a valid one.!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-08-2018, 15:05   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh i have even sent a tweet to Our P.M. saying exactly what i said on here, a couple of days ago, after she put one on, but guess what? she aint replied to it.
Cashy she dare not reply....can you imagine the furore it would create if she did.?
It would eclipse the Boris and the Burqa story.
She has enough on her plate right now dealing with the nest of vipers that are supposed to be her government.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-08-2018, 08:38   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
She has enough on her plate right now dealing with the nest of vipers that are supposed to be her government.
plus all the lefty and liberals we have to put up with especially on the media. they will be thinking of things right now to defend the undefendables.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 18:24   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have just been reading a speech by a new Australian Senator, he says "Whilst all Muslims are NOT terrorists, certainly all terrorists these days are Muslim, so why allow more in the country? i personally think thats a very good question, and certainly a valid one.!!
Tommy Robinson has apparently been saying this for a long time, yet he just gets slated, called far right and locked up.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 18:27   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Tommy Robinson has apparently been saying this for a long time, yet he just gets slated, called far right and locked up.
He aint in Australia. plus his past record was thuggery?
Old 18-08-2018, 09:28   #23

was it?

Thats what he always asks the other press, can they explain to him what he has done, how they can call him far right and accuse him of all these things when all he does is speak the truth about what is happening in the UK.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 09:47   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
was it?

Thats what he always asks the other press, can they explain to him what he has done, how they can call him far right and accuse him of all these things when all he does is speak the truth about what is happening in the UK.
Yep i agree with what he said recently but it dont stop him being a thug, he assaulted a off duty police officer and got 12 months about 13/14 years back, or do you choose to ignore that?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:50   #25
Beacon of light

Anarchy is what is happening in the U.K.
Gangs rule areas and nothing is done about it.
Teens fight each other with 16inch hunting knives....they maim,disembowel, and kill...with no thought of the consequences, either for themselves or for the victims.
They score points, like life is some kind of video game.
Right now there are four young men (kids really....one lad was crying for his mum when he was being treated by paramedics)lying in hospital beds, hoping that the skills of medical teams can put them back together.
Their lives are very likely to be ruined...and some of them may not survive.
WHY?
What is to be done about the violent behaviour of young people.
Where does it come from?
I have my own thoughts on this, but will keep them to myself because I know that they would be shot down.

It seems that life is cheap. Disposable even.
This is not a video game....when you die or are maimed in real life....you are DEAD....or stay maimed.
How very sad.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-08-2018 at 09:53.
Old 18-08-2018, 10:14   #26
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1216308]
What is to be done about the violent behaviour of young people.
Where does it come from?
I have my own thoughts on this, but will keep them to myself because I know that they would be shot down.

think we might have gone full circle now margaret. think we are back to the lazy parents again and lack of discipline in schools to excuses made by the touchy fealey brigade. add it all up and its a recipe for disaster.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 11:05   #27
Beacon of light

I think that may be some of the reason, but I think much of the reason behind this behaviour is that young men need to be challenged....subjected to some kind of danger.
Previously the services might have provided this, but the armed services have shrunk....and they do not want poorly disciplined young men.

I also think that violent video games DO affect young people. They may not affect ALL young people, but I am firmly of the belief that some WILL be adversely affected
They make them immune to empathetic feelings.

The young lads who spend many hours in combat on these games are not experiencing social interaction in the real world so they lack the finer feelings that might prevent them from hurting someone....and when they do hurt someone, they feel nothing, no sense of remorse, no guilt, no shame...they feel exhilarated.

I am sure there will be those out there who will tell me this is rubbish.
We watched cowboys shoot Indians and it did not make us violent....the difference is....we were not doing the shooting.
And then they will cite the games we played as children, those where we fired pop guns at our foes....that was different too....there was no gore, no graphic images of violence.

That is my opinion....I am not asking anyone else to subscribe to it
KiTChener, cashman and Gremlin like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-08-2018 at 11:08.
Old 21-08-2018, 05:34   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The politicoes destruction of the family unit! all kids need both parents in their lives to guide them & show them balance, especially young lads. Mothers bring out commitment, caring & nurturing, where the fathers job is discipline, ethics & endeavour. There's much more both can add, but because consecutive governments have been in general destructive of family cohesion that to my mind is a big chunk of the problem.
Old 21-08-2018, 06:27   #29
Beacon of light

Nailed it Son.
Old 21-08-2018, 09:41   #30
Beacon of light

Discipline, strong parenting and the instillation of respect from an early age is what is currently sadly lacking in society.
Parents are the foundation and the cornerstone of well rounded future generations.
We have far to many one parent families....and many are this from choice.
This is not to denigrate the Sterling job done by lone parents who are in that role through no fault of their own.

When you become a parent it is the hardest job in the world....and the responsibility for your children NEVER ends....they are your child whether they are five or fifty five.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..