Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2019, 18:23   #1
Beacon of light

Well...that's a surprise!

Well, according to an online news site, Jeremy Corbyn has expressed his support for Shamimma Begum. The 19 year old girl who left the Uk at 15 to become the wife of a terrorist.
He thinks that she should be able to come back to the UK and feels that revoking her citizenship was entirely the wrong thing to do.
Now isn't that a surprise.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2019, 22:24   #2
Full Member+

Re: Well...that's a surprise!

Whilst I agree she shouldn't be let back into the UK purely because she has another child (the previous two died due to lack of health care) or that she had probably been radicalised from a young age. It is both against UK and International Law that citizens cannot be made stateless. The reason for stripping her of UK Citizenship was down to lawyers assuming because her mother was a Bangladeshi Citizen that she would automatically be a Bangladeshi Citizen.

Interesting to note that the Bangladesh government was quick to quote that under 'no circumstances' would she be allowed in the country.
Old 21-02-2019, 23:00   #3
Beacon of light

Her jihadi husband was a Dutch Muslim convert....and Holland has said that they will not take her under any circumstances.

This young woman has shown no remorse for her actions....in fact she has justified UK bombings as acceptable retaliation for events in Syria.
When she left this country she (in effect) revoked her citizenship.
Although Bangladesh say that they will not accept her, her mothers family came from there.

She tells the press that she had a 'good time' in Syria(this in spite of seeing severed heads in waste bins and losing two of her children to malnutrition)...so let her stay there.

I know what the legal position is...but her attitudes are worrying.
You might say that this is because she has been traumatised....I do not buy it.
It was her choice to leave.
She should never be permitted to set foot in this country again.
As for human rights.....well the Manchester bomber was a refugee homed here, but blew up young children and girls....what about their human rights.

I can see that she WILL be allowed to come back....she will be given a home, benefits and social care....as for her hanging her identity...that would not be necessary, she just needs to wear the Islamic dress....all that would be visible would be her eyes.

She thinks we should have sympathy....my sympathy lies elsewhere.
Old 21-02-2019, 23:23   #4
Full Member+

Don't get me wrong Margaret, I don't think she should be allowed back in the UK under any circumstances, and the fact that both Bangladesh and Holland refuse to let them into their countries, shows they don't want 'suspected terrorists' either.

Her attitude is of no remorse and purely selfish (she wants all the benefits of the UK Health System etc), a country and lifestyle she rejected when she went to Syria.

But the legal status is both UK and International law states the citizens cannot be made stateless or stripped of citizenship unless they have dual citizenship with another country.
Old 22-02-2019, 06:44   #5
Beacon of light

Oh yes, I understand that....and this aligns with my feelings too.
She has she is no risk, but I feel that she should not be allowed to sow her malign ideology here...maybe she does not see that as a weapon.....and as far as the child....she should not be allowed to brainwash this new life.
She has not renounced ISIS/DAESH.....and should the movement resurface, she would likely still support their actions.

Use legal process, but make it slow...slow as a gods horse
Maybe fate will sort out the situation for us.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:03   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The creature isn't stateless, she's aligned herself with ISIS (Islamic STATE of Iraq & Syria) & as such one of their citizens.

Letting it back into the UK would be supreme stupidity & folly! The only way I & I assume many others would accept its return would be if it was brought back & strung up in parliament square, all within a week as an example of the punishment for would be traitors & terrorists threatening the UK & its way of life.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats a real shock!!! no country wants her but CORBYN does. Labour is finished in the U.K. i think.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:30   #8
Beacon of light

The only way I think she should come back(and avert your eyes if you are of a sensitive disposition) is in a body bag for her parents to identify and dispose of in any way they thought fit. This woman turns my stomach every time I see her face in the media.

The UK should not welcome nreeders of terrorism.
She only wants to come back becuse of the liberal benefits and the protection she would be afforded by the bleeding heart hand wringing loonies that seem to infest our country.

I find myself appalled at my attitude to this, but I am honest and that is what I feel.

The other thing Son....ISIS might have state in it's name. but do they issue passports?
Are they a recognised country or just a terrorist organisation?
cashman likes this.
Old 22-02-2019, 13:01   #9
Senior Member+

The title of your thread Margaret is, "Well... that's a surprise" It's not a surprise to me knowing Jeremy Corbyn's views on such matters.

I do agree with you on the body bag though.
Old 22-02-2019, 13:55   #10
Beacon of light

It was my attempt at being ironic, cynical, sarcastic.
He is a man who supports terrorists....people of ethnic diversity...unless of course they are Jewish...
It seems that he thinks that the persecution of them is acceptable....in the way that this woman thinks severed heads and the murder of young girls enjoying a concert is acceptable.
Gremlin likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-02-2019 at 13:58.
Old 22-02-2019, 16:43   #11
God Member

S’funny, the rabid Wahabbis in Saudi Arabia are more than happy to fund Sunni terrorists and psychopaths to fight their proxy wars against their fellow Muslims in other countries, but don’t seem so keen to ‘invite’ them to live in Mecca when they’ve been corralled in internment camps and begging to be somewhere else.
Given the state of this country I suspect Begum will be back, with her own show on the BBC, eventually.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 17:12   #12
Beacon of light

It grieves me to say this, but I feel sure you are right.

But forget giving her a new identity...she doesn't need one....she can just hide under a burqa....it could be anybody under one of those.
She is hardly likely to be at risk from people of her origin.
Old 25-02-2019, 13:47   #13
God Member

[QUOTE=
Given the state of this country I suspect Begum will be back, with her own show on the BBC, eventually.[/QUOTE]

or a new reality show hosted by jeremy corbyn, i,m a terrorist get me out of here.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 13:59   #14
Beacon of light

Oh...that would be a turn up for the books.

Apparently she has been interviewed by a reporter and now says she wants to come here to be an example of what girls should not do.
She was also reported to be showing contrition for the insensitive remarks she made earlier.

Well love....it's too little and way too late.
We have you sussed. You just want to get yourself a house benefits and a new identity.

You said you had 'good times' in Syria....so stay there!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-02-2019, 14:18   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Her dad who now is in Bangladesh living says the home sec was correct to revoke her citizenship. but Jeremy thinks not. what a first class prat.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..