Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2020, 21:00   #31

Re: Why I Don't Think I'll Ever be able to vote Labour Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Don’t you just love The Groaniad’s idea of facts and it’s arrogant belief in its own ‘divine’ right?

In the article linked in Jimmy’s post, following Starmer’s usual drivel and political cliches, it writes that:
But we will stay with you, delivering quality journalism so we can all make up our minds based on fact, not fiction.
More people, like you, are reading and supporting the Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before..

But the Press Gazette recently (August ‘19) reported that:
The Guardian recorded the smallest year-on-year circulation decline with a drop of five per cent to 130,484 copies.
The biggest year-on-year decline was reported by the Sunday People and Daily Star Sunday at 18 per cent.
The Sun remains the best-selling national newspaper with a circulation of 1.26m, only 100,000 copies above nearest rival the Daily Mail.

I know there’s online reading too now, but is it likely to be so vastly different from the printed version?

So having one tenth of the circulation of the most popular newspapers (not mine by the way) but losing readers more slowly is something for the Groaniad to congratulate itself about.
With the impending sacking of 450 jobs from BBC News the Groaniad’s circulation is only going in one direction.
Keir Starmer calls on government to give EU citizens voting rights

It was more that point I was trying to emphasise. He wants EU citizens to have MORE rights than us. A vote in their home country AND a vote here.
They REALLY, REALLY have lost it with ordinary folk.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2020, 21:48   #32
Beacon of light

Jimmy this man has promised that if he is made leader of the party.....and IF they are elected to power, he would reinstate free movement of people.

That along with giving EU citizens a vote in elections here.....with the likelihood of there being no checks to see if the person is currently resident here, really means that he has learned absolutely nothing about why Labour is such a miserable failure.

By proclaiming these intentions, he has further guaranteed that Labour will remain in the political desert they have made for themselves.
Unless they listen to what the moderate traditional Labour voter is telling them they can forget any possibility of getting into power for a long long time.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 22:19   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jimmy this man has promised that if he is made leader of the party.....and IF they are elected to power, he would reinstate free movement of people.

That along with giving EU citizens a vote in elections here.....with the likelihood of there being no checks to see if the person is currently resident here, really means that he has learned absolutely nothing about why Labour is such a miserable failure.

By proclaiming these intentions, he has further guaranteed that Labour will remain in the political desert they have made for themselves.
Unless they listen to what the moderate traditional Labour voter is telling them they can forget any possibility of getting into power for a long long time.
I would go even further than that - even with changes no one can trust them and what lurks in the shadows. I would say nobody alive today will ever see another labour government in this country. That is the damage they have done.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:00   #34
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1236605]Jimmy this man has promised that if he is made leader of the party.....and IF they are elected to power, he would reinstate free movement of people.

they just do not get it do they. their core supporters do not want this type of stuff so why push issues like this out just to become unelectable.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:33   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1236774]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

they just do not get it do they. their core supporters do not want this type of stuff so why push issues like this out just to become unelectable.
trouble is many that joined labour under momentum are as thick as 2 short planks, and these clowns are pulling the strings, labour are too dense to grasp that fact, this is why many people went elsewhere!
Old 12-02-2020, 17:52   #36
God Member

And to prove your point, Cashy....

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...of-the-unwoke/
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 20:21   #37
Beacon of light

What a scary read that is.
How glad I am that I have lived my life....and am at the bum end of it.

The Labour Party have had it if they continue on this road.
If I were a member, and was expelled for speaking what is an immutable fact.....then I would be GLAD that I was no longer accepted in such a dystopian organisation.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 21:28   #38

They just don't know when to stop regarding the annihilation of it's base working class support. In absolutely NO way could David Lammy EVER speak for me. He shows his true colours in supporting Jamaican criminals before the safety of the public. His only interest is in stopping the deportation of Jamaicans (not any other nationals just those from his own background) regardless of the fact many are killers, rapists and burglars. The Guardian goes bleating about their 'human rights' what about the rights of those who have suffered at the hands of those vermin and the future safety of the public if those criminals are allowed to remain on our streets. I had my doubts about Johnson but so far he is doing better tan the sickening excuse for a labour party could ever dream of.
Old 15-02-2020, 22:01   #39

.. more back of a fag packet policy ideas from Long-Bailey -
We lost terribly in Scotland and we desperately need those seats back there if we are ever to gain power again

Let's promise them an Independence referendum !!!

...er… but then you'll lose those additional seats you need to control Westminster....duh
Old 29-03-2020, 13:19   #40
Full Member+

It's a bit late now, but its a pity Andy Burnham didn't stand in the leader's election.
My guess is he would have romped home.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 13:38   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

May well have done, but doubt very much if it would do any good, Corbyn, Mcdonnel, @ Abbott have destroyed a great party.
Old 14-05-2020, 12:23   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
May well have done, but doubt very much if it would do any good, Corbyn, Mcdonnel, @ Abbott have destroyed a great party.
One step forward....actually Kier Starmer's election as leader is more treading water - but then up steps Abbot to push the labour party 10 steps back

Her racism is unbelievable and wouldn't be tolerated if made by someone not of an ethnic persuasion.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..