Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2020, 08:43   #106
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Gremlin;1238395]Boris is asking the whole Country to pull together, seems nobody is listening.

lots are but they do not make good news. like every time in history pulling together does not suit every person as many will be out to make as much money out of it as they can. feel sorry for the bin men when this is over with many having overflowing bins of stuff they did not want anyway. will make christmas look like a savvy shopping expedition.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2020, 08:44   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Boris is asking the whole Country to pull together, seems nobody is listening.
I wouldn't like most of the bartstewards behind me in battle.
I have not heard anything from the God Botherers of "any" religion asking the faithfull to stay away from the churches, temples, Mosques etc, may they think that their father will not allow the Corona virus into his home.
I now await the flak and the wrath from above.
Be happy, Your's Taddy.
monkey hanger likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 09:17   #108
Beacon of light

Well, the update on Old And Bargains....the plan to devote the first hour to the older folk was not being enforced...neither was there any restrictions on what people were picking up off the shelves...though to be fair there was precious little on the shelves.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 09:19   #109
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I have not heard anything from the God Botherers of "any" religion asking the faithfull to stay away from the churches, temples, Mosques etc, may they think that their father will not allow the Corona virus into his home.
I now await the flak and the wrath from above.
Be happy, Your's Taddy.
Taddy most churches have suspended services....and there will only be five people allowed at any church wedding....the bride and groom, two witnesses and the celebrant.
This rule applies until further notice.
Don't know what the Mosques are doing.
Old 20-03-2020, 09:35   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i hear the accy mosques have cancelled todays services.
Old 20-03-2020, 10:39   #111
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, the update on Old And Bargains....the plan to devote the first hour to the older folk was not being enforced...neither was there any restrictions on what people were picking up off the shelves...though to be fair there was precious little on the shelves.
Had Asda delivery this morning ( Had home delivery for a few years) driver said it was same at Asda anybody and everyone was shopping as soon as the doors opened. So much for 1st hour elderly etc only.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 10:50   #112
Beacon of light

It seems that Mosques in the area have cancelled Friday prayers.
Old 20-03-2020, 11:01   #113
God Member

I went in Aldi around half 10 after work & it was quite calm, certainly not as manic as last Friday & got everything I needed. Yes, there were gaps on the shelves but nothing apocalypse like as I've been told is happening elsewhere.
Only thing I couldn't get was cat litter but that can wait till tomorrow when I've got time to hunt round - that is one thing that's puzzling me though, who on earth stockpiles that!?!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 12:17   #114
I am Banned

You have a fair point. Crazy thing about this virus is the hysteria. People panic already. What more if they reveal the names of the patients. It's what others would do to the remaining suspected people. The things we do because of fear...
Accertivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 13:09   #115
Beacon of light

Accymad, it seems that there is not much Cat litter about....well not the economy stuff...if you want Catsan then that is available.
I was looking for cat litter too.
I have four cats and they do not toilet outside....they are trained to use a litter box.
This is to protect my neighbours gardens and their children too.
If I see any on my travels I will post it on here.
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
Old 20-03-2020, 14:25   #116
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Not sure if this belongs here but anyone who does online shopping with Asda the next available delivery slots are 4th April onwards.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 16:55   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Accymad, it seems that there is not much Cat litter about....well not the economy stuff...if you want Catsan then that is available.
I was looking for cat litter too.
I have four cats and they do not toilet outside....they are trained to use a litter box.
This is to protect my neighbours gardens and their children too.
If I see any on my travels I will post it on here.
Thank you, I will do the same- my two girls only use their boxes too - if they go out they cry to come in for a wee bless 'em
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 17:08   #118
Beacon of light

Mine too...the best of it is two of them were outside cats...strays...they go out and cry to come in and use the tray.
They have both got used to finer things.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-03-2020, 18:26   #119
Full Member+

Now that the gov has told bars, clubs and pubs to close after tonight, alcohol will be the next thing people will be stock piling.

Asda did have some of their own brand cat litter this evening when I went in.
Old 20-03-2020, 19:00   #120
God Member

Unlikely to find this on mainstream media, which seems intent on just scaring the beejeebus out of people, but thought this was worth a read.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...ed-ventilator/

Talking of the media, I’ve been listening to the PM’s 5 o’clock press briefing this week and, after less than a week, the questions from the assembled journos have already degenerated to the pathetic (e.g. “...are you going to see your mother this weekend, Prime Minister?”). In almost every instance it was abundantly clear that the questions were framed in the hope of extracting a sound bite that will making tomorrow’s headlines.
Can we keep the pubs open and close down the media?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..