Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2020, 14:06   #136
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And the moral of this story is ......?

Can you not get some sand or something? Or will they not use that either?
They might use sand son, but the problem is that they seem to like to kick whatever they poop into, all over the place(I think it is a game, like who can pee the furthest...little boys do still do that don't they) so sand would get everywhere....and be less visible.
The litter trays sit on mats that are supposed to remove any litter from their feet and looking at what stays on the mat...well, they do work...but still i find litter(clean) on the duvet(they like to sleep on the foot of the bed)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2020, 08:58   #137
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1238405]I
Only thing I couldn't get was cat litter

managed to get some cat litter yesterday. the thing is that we have not got a cat but after reading about the lack of it on here i thought i,d better buy some as you never know.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 09:16   #138
God Member

Whatever you may think of this guy (I have no strong opinion), as we have little to do but sit, scared in our houses, this is worth listening to under the current circumstances.

monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 09:29   #139

With people flocking to the seaside and hills what is the big heath problem, Corvid19, deafness or lunacy?
AccyMad likes this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 09:45   #140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was gonna listen exile but it wont play.
Old 22-03-2020, 10:24   #141
Beacon of light

Watched it....and they call him a nutter....but he has said stuff that seems plausible and is terribly scary.
Do I believe him.....well, you are not scared of something you do not believe.
Old 22-03-2020, 10:36   #142
God Member

he actually said stuff thats closer to my thinking about the subjects mentioned than lots of other stuff being quoted.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 10:52   #143
Beacon of light

me too...some of this stuff I have been saying to family during discussions....and that we are also thinking it makes me feel a bit spooked.
Old 22-03-2020, 12:46   #144
God Member

Well, after a fruitless visit to B & M yesterday (they didn't even have a space to put any cat litter if any did come into stock, it had been filled up with scratching posts & beds) I extended my search into town this morning & am now the proud owner of a 10 litre bag of cat litter, purchased in Wilkinsons woohoo!!
Like your hubby Margaret I had to succombe to buying Catsan but at this stage, beggars can't be choosers - just hope my kitties appreciate it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 13:21   #145
Beacon of light

I think I am going to start shredding newspapers.....give that a try.
I can fully understand retailers wanting to stock food items... but that doesn't help our cat lavvy issues.
On a poritive note...Hotels in London have allocated 300 beds for homeless people....to try and protect them from the virus....I like that. more should be doing it.
On a bum note...Tesco have raised the prices of 600 items. Their reasoning? It will stop folk from panic buying! Yeah Bob....why do I not believe that?
(it might be because my other half spent stupid money on kitty litter)
Old 22-03-2020, 15:30   #146

These lemmings are a complete pain, not only are they not thinking of others they are not thinking of themselves standing close together talking while waiting to stockpile as soon as possible. (Margret you might want to take a valium 1/2 hour before reading this link)
https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...ealth-workers/
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 15:52   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

there is one local now, next door to a friend of mine about 1 mile away. hill walker they are more interested in Panic Buying than other peoples safety complete Selfish Dickheads,

Last edited by cashman; 22-03-2020 at 15:56.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 16:25   #148
Senior Member+

My partner popped in to Lidl at Todmorden this afternoon because the car park looked near empty. She managed to get all we want including paracetamol, bread, fruit, sugar, coffee, and a few other bits. She said there was a shelf full of toilet rolls with nobody grabbing bags full. My friend had a new washing machine delivered from Currys today and the driver had most of his van full of freezers, he said they were the most ordered white good in the store.
Old 22-03-2020, 16:44   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats a great example of what im saying Gremlin = freezers, thats what these selfish gets are doing, all these peoples freezers didnt pack in all at once, they are PATHETIC,
Old 22-03-2020, 16:45   #150
Beacon of light

Russell, we are taking a trip to Lidl tomorrow....on my list of things will be cat litter paracetamol....eggs and milk.
I would have had a soft boiled egg with soldiers as a Mother's Day breakfast(it would have been cooked by me)....except there were no eggs anywhere.

I am sure that much of what has been bought will perish before it can be used....you cannot freeze everything....and selfish people mean that those who need the stuff most are least likely to get it.

I do not know why some enterprising supermarket does not take a large wagon full of groceries and set up on the hospital car park.....sell stuff on site exclusively to NHS workers.
We need to look after those who are prepared to put themselves in danger to look after us.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..