Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 08:11   #211
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

It would have mattered not one jot, what source I had used to illustrate my point, you would have 'rubbished'it.
Anyway, at least now you know what a real conspiracy theory looks like. So all is not lost.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2020, 10:52   #212
Full Member+

You have absolutely no idea what I might 'rubbish'. Don't presume you do. I know what a conspiracy theory is too, thanks, so you can save your efforts.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 11:43   #213
Beacon of light

It took very little effort...but pleased to see that you appreciated it.
Well, I will never know for sure what you would have rubbished...but I have my doubts.
I am allowed that.
Old 31-03-2020, 20:52   #214

I still don't get how testing will help, the media are making it out as if testing will be our savior.

I don't think it will, a vaccine/antiwotsit will save us.

Until then I'm hiding under the stairs with a giant bottle of hand sanitiser.
monkey hanger likes this.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:18   #215
Beacon of light

Testing is essential to determine how many people have the virus.
It will mean that those who have it can be isolated....and those who don't can go to work.
This business of isolating everyone, shutting down businesses is crippling financially for the business and the workers.
Only yesterday there was an item in the newspapers about sickness levels in the power generating companies.....that because people who have symptoms which MIGHT be due to coronavirus must self isolate, they may not have enough workers to ensure supply.
All frontline NHS staff need to be tested.
Would you like to be looked after by someone who,is a symptomless carrier?
All key workers should then get tested.....and this will show where resources are needed.

The current situation is like taking a JCB to shell a peanut....yes, it might work, but there is no edible nut left after the process.

Does that make sense to you Rainbow?

What I really want to know is .....how did you get your hand on a giant bottle of hand sanitiser?
Old 01-04-2020, 09:57   #216
God Member

problem is you can be tested one day and you,ll be fine. the next day you could have the virus. they still are not sure that once you have had it you cannot contract it again or pass it on. remember as a kid getting one of those things like mumps and measels twice when they said you can only get it once.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:27   #217
Beacon of light

Of course, that is a reality, but testing of Health care staff on a regular basis is the way forward.

There is a lot that is not known about this disease.

(Currently something like a quarter of hospital doctors are off work, away fro taking care of people because they MIGHT be infected....they might just have a cold, but the government guidelines are such that they have to remove themselves from work.)

Because viruses have the ability to mutate(winter flu does this which is why the vaccination needs to be done yearly) then there will be the possibility that you can get it again.....but treating everyone like they have it is foolish.
The World Health Organisation advice to governments is Test, test, test.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:57   #218
God Member

Interesting article from Delingpole, but you won’t find anything like it in the MSM (main stream media).
Even more interesting are some of the links within it, especially the one to Hector Drummond, who I’ve now come across twice in recent days and seems to be a sane voice in an increasingly rabid world.
The reference to the Foot & Mouth Panic under Blair, which I recall very well (cost £10Billion, slaughtered millions of perfectly healthy animals, and proved to be unnecessary), rings some alarm bells.
It’s the same Imperial College behind this latest policy!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...dgy-modelling/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 13:34   #219
Beacon of light

The retired judge Jonathon Sumption has been very critical of the hysteria generated by the government lockdown.
It has been badly thought out and the link to this article outlines the flawed science being used to bamboozle the population.
The press have also been instrumental in magnifying the hysteria by their sensationalist use of language...though there are those on the forum who would disagree with this observation.

When all this is over, will,our freedoms return to what they were before?
That is questionable, and a concern.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...state-is-like-
taddy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 01-04-2020 at 13:38.
Old 01-04-2020, 14:29   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Those who disagree with the observation, to me are the "Definition Of Stupidity"
Old 01-04-2020, 18:38   #221
Full Member+

Some inspiring people doing some good things despite the doom and gloom.
Priory Campers of Ossy provided 50 campers for NHS staff at Blackburn for rest and isolation.
Lucy Duncan, a nurse,whose car was damaged in an accident with a gent who was isolating and later died has been provided with another vehicle to get her to work. (although she'll have to isolate first after contact with the unfortunate victim).
Small gin distillers in Manchester and the Wirral are making hand sanitiser and providing supplies Arrowe Park hospital , local Gps and care homes.
The technology department of a school (can't remember the name) has produced frames to house face masks again for local surgeries. Local footy clubs Balckburn and Burnley in talks to offer facilities and the many, many volunteers that have stepped up to help those that need it. I salute them all.

Even Liam Gallagher has got involved

https://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-...videos-2633023
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 20:07   #222
Beacon of light

I second that too.
All those folk who have volunteered to help out by acting as transport, or collecting medicines or doing any other of the vital stuff get my vote...
I especially like the donation of the camper vans to create a hospital village where staff can take respite instead of going home to their families and risking them too.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:42   #223
Full Member+

What you also need to know is the law regarding the new Coronavirus Restrictions.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

There is nothing in Regulation 6 about how long an exercise or how many times a day can occur, there's also no specifications as whether you can drive to a place to do that exercise.

In fact everything else is just ADVICE

See https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others

The first thing it says is Guidance - not law (Guidance: 1. advice or information aimed at resolving a problem or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...oppers-buying/
Old 02-04-2020, 13:20   #224
God Member

At last, information has finally leaked out and some are putting it out on the internet for us to see.
Not the MSM, of course, who have a vested interest in locking the population up with nothing to do but watch and listen to their scare-mongering and catastrophising.
But, from the Office of National Statistics own data, it now seems clear that the current, ‘horrific’, ‘unprecedented’, and ‘frightening’ death rates being experienced in this country and no more than USUAL!

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_mar_corona_what
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 13:45   #225
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh mate but the knobheads insist they do not scaremonger, statistics are always better than media bullshine.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..