Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2020, 16:57   #271
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

She said he deserved it.....and her social and political position DOES matter. What she says will influence those whose votes she requires.
(I have no social or political reputation to uphold)
She apologised, but only because of the backlash from social media.
I am not going to....and if you consider that to be graceless, then that is entirely up to you.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2020, 18:20   #272
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Margaret, considering what you have written in your last post, should you not now review your post about Barnier in post 96 ?

Just a thought.
Post 96 are you deluded or what? she did say i hope he gets over it, never wished the end of the man, though i would not have complained.
Old 07-04-2020, 19:04   #273
Full Member+

Who mentioned the end of the man ? I didn't. Read through the posts properly if you're gonna spout off.

post 96 MP says

'I hope the man gets over it, but I hope it takes him four years and that his bed shakes him onto the floor every night with the rigours of illness.
And even that would be too good for him'

about another human being ? Really?

Last edited by Reamer; 07-04-2020 at 19:06.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 19:45   #274
Senior Member+

I thought this was a friendly forum not one of recrimination, I'm sure I am not the only one to bite my tounge at something I have said but thankfully most people realise I am human and humans are prone to errors unfortunately
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 20:11   #275
Beacon of light

Quote:
Who mentioned the end of the man ? I didn't. Read through the posts properly if you're gonna spout off.

post 96 MP says

'I hope the man gets over it, but I hope it takes him four years and that his bed shakes him onto the floor every night with the rigours of illness.

Yes, that is what I said and I make no apology for it.

It was my considered post...I post with honesty..if my opinions or thoughts are
too strong for you then you have two options.
1) don't read my posts.
2) report the post if you feel that it goes against forum rules.
Old 07-04-2020, 20:48   #276
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Just had a news-letter from Tesco that contains :-

----

Also yesterday, we began work on our first dedicated NHS Nightingale Hospital pop-up store, at the NEC in Birmingham. We’ll provide NHS staff with on-site 24-hour access to the food and household products they need. Construction at the NEC started on Sunday and we aim to be open by the end of next week – so it’s all hands on deck. We’re in late-stage discussions with other Nightingale sites, and hope that this is the first of several pop-up Tesco stores that will help the NHS staff in those hospitals.

----
That looks very close to your suggestion.
I have just sent a note of thanks to Paul Callan at the CEO's office at Tesco.

I have said that it is a start....and asked for my thanks to be conveyed to the team and business partners that enabled this development.
Not sure if I will hear anything further.
Old 07-04-2020, 20:50   #277
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I thought this was a friendly forum not one of recrimination, I'm sure I am not the only one to bite my tounge at something I have said but thankfully most people realise I am human and humans are prone to errors unfortunately
Accybeme, it is both a friendly AND helpful forum.
I cannot count the times that members have helped one another out, both with information and practical help.
Old 07-04-2020, 21:23   #278
Full Member+

The forum is about opinions. I too have opinions and post honestly, as I see it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:35   #279
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

post 96 MP says

I said she said i hope he gets over it, i can read properly, it seems its beyond you. if she hadnt said that what would it mean?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:33   #280
Full Member+

See above
Old 09-04-2020, 07:07   #281
Senior Member+

I’m wearing mask when I go out, I know a lot take objections to mask wearing but how many people are carrying the virus and & passing it to others without realising it, to me if the virus is passed in droplets we breath out then wearing a mask must be helping to stop the spread the virus, how do others perceive the wearing of masks
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:36   #282
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

personally dont think they are much use, but if it makes yeh feel a bit safer cart on.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:24   #283
Beacon of light

There are only certain masks that will give adequate protection.(they need to conform to the contours of your face)
Once a mask gets moist from exhaled breath it becomes permeable to bacteria and viruses and care needs to be taken when removing masks and disposing of them.

But it is whatever the individual feels is right for them. I have absolutely no objections to people wearing a mask for their protection.
We are taking supplemental vitamin C and D....it is what we take every winter.
We usually stop taking these the weekend the clocks go forward, but this year we have continued.

I have also been gargling with listerine night and morning...it is only a precaution....and there is nothing to say it is effective.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:04   #284
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1238999]

But it is whatever the individual feels is right for them. I have absolutely no objections to people wearing a mask for their protection.

my view on mask wearing as well. its a few around my area that annoy me as it seems a new fashion statement in keighley. the majority seem to be women in the early 20,s. that comes as no surprise really.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:00   #285
Beacon of light

Most of the people I have seen wearing proper masks have been older people.

I have seen women with their cowl neck of their jumper pulled up as an impromptu mask...and a few younger chaps wearing bandanas as masks.
They might think that this will protect them but I have my doubts.

What people forget is that if someone has coughed or sneezed the virus can remain airborne for something like three hours....and you can absorb it through contact with the eyes....so you need to protect not just your nose and mouth but your eyes as well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..