Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2020, 11:16   #436
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Less, thank you for making me smile(mental picture of you,paragliding.....)

I don't think your life insurance covers it Less.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2020, 11:37   #437
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, thank you for making me smile(mental picture of you,paragliding.....)

I don't think your life insurance covers it Less.
I've more chance of life insurance covering paragliding than covid 19.

Covid 19 would be one of those things conveniently classed as 'an act of God', well if God is so mean as to wish that upon us then I'm glad I'm an atheist.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:13   #438
God Member

Knowing, Margaret, how you just love Bill Gates and his dubious Foundation, you and others may find this interesting.
It’s a long listen, but then what else do we have to do in this ‘plandemic’.
Stick with it, although you may be madder than ever afterwards.

Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 13:09   #439
Beacon of light

who benefits from this pandemic?
Big Pharma.....they will produce a vaccine and then they will reqiure that EVERYONE is vaccinated.
Vaccines sometimes create other problems...who will benefit from those other problems....Big Pharma.
I have seen some of these videos, but have purposely stopped myelf from posting them because I know that there are some out there who would see this as a 'nutjob' posting.

This is all part of trying to instigate a world government....I have said many times in the past...create fear in the population and you will have control of the population.....and we can see by what is happening around us that this is SO true.

Take nothing on face value. Keep asking awkward questions.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-05-2020, 14:25   #440

Quote:

This is all part of trying to instigate a world government....I have said many times in the past...create fear in the population and you will have control of the population.....and we can see by what is happening around us that this is SO true.

Take nothing on face value. Keep asking awkward questions.
What use is a world Government? Surely it is only in the imagination of the fearful that such a thing could be considered a threat?
We can't even have a European market without states falling out, so a World Government would have the greatest migraine known to history (unless of course they could get the pharmas to create a large aspirin?).

Face value? what is wrong with face value?

I try to ask awkward questions but they only seem to upset people, (awkward question alert), I wonder why?

Old 11-05-2020, 14:45   #441
Beacon of light

Less, I didn't say it was possible....but that does not stop the efforts.
The only thing that can be taken on face value is currency.
Keep on asking....they are only awkward when someone is trying to bamboozle you.....and only those who are trying to bamboozle you will be upset.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:18   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I've more chance of life insurance covering paragliding than covid 19.

Covid 19 would be one of those things conveniently classed as 'an act of God', well if God is so mean as to wish that upon us then I'm glad I'm an atheist.

You and me to Less, I learned to stop bothering God the moment I left school, when I no longer had to sit through Religous Education Lesson's.
Your's, the Luddite.
monkey hanger likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 19:16   #443
God Member

For those brave souls who may have watched the link from list #438, here’s an update on that story with some very revealing ‘coincidences’ about the people and agencies behind what she terms The Public Health Mafia.

https://www.amazingpolly.net/index.php
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 10:41   #444

Had to do some essential shopping today, got to the supermarket and folk queuing outside,
I stood on one of the markers for 'safe' distancing in front of me was a diminutive lady who happened to be the only one wearing a mask. straight away I could tell she took social distancing very seriously because her eyebrows formed a permanent glare at anyone approaching within 50yds. To avoid herself peircing stare I looked into the distance across the carpark.

she entered the store and I forgot about her until I was let in and I caught up with her at fruit and veg,
I hope she had used a strong hand sanitiser (such as bleach) because she was squeezing all the melons in a box to test for ripeness, not satisfied by any of the examples in that box she attempted to lean over to the box behind causing her to almost go prone, (as I said she isn't tall) this meant her clothes were now rubbing against the fruits in the first box thus any disease she may have is generously passed on to others not just covid.
I've no problems with masks, wear one if it makes you feel more secure but please refrain from using bad habits that could cause problems for others.
cashman, Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-05-2020, 11:55   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Had to do some essential shopping today, got to the supermarket and folk queuing outside,
I stood on one of the markers for 'safe' distancing in front of me was a diminutive lady who happened to be the only one wearing a mask. straight away I could tell she took social distancing very seriously because her eyebrows formed a permanent glare at anyone approaching within 50yds. To avoid herself peircing stare I looked into the distance across the carpark.

she entered the store and I forgot about her until I was let in and I caught up with her at fruit and veg,
I hope she had used a strong hand sanitiser (such as bleach) because she was squeezing all the melons in a box to test for ripeness, not satisfied by any of the examples in that box she attempted to lean over to the box behind causing her to almost go prone, (as I said she isn't tall) this meant her clothes were now rubbing against the fruits in the first box thus any disease she may have is generously passed on to others not just covid.
I've no problems with masks, wear one if it makes you feel more secure but please refrain from using bad habits that could cause problems for others.

Under normal circumstances I hate doing the regular food shopping and try to get it done as fast as reasonably possible. As a result I normally pay little attention to my fellow shoppers observing them only to extent necessary to avoid getting in their way or bumping into them. Under the current circumstances shopping has to be a much slower activity and I have little choice but to observe fellow shoppers if only to relieve the boredom of waiting to move forward another 2 meters.

I have come to the conclusion that one could fill several books with the apparently strange and sometimes irrational activities of others. Whilst “squeezing all the melons in a box to test for ripeness” is an activity that has a rational (if annoying) basis the same activity with sliced loaves in relatively transparent packages is far less rational and when applied in conjunction with the reading of the labels to all the tins of baked beans can have no basis in rationality.

More puzzling was the person who’s choice of frozen peas between ‘own brand’ and ‘well known brand’ seemed to require two ‘phone calls, the first to discover ‘if John has had his tea yet?’ and the second to see ‘if the washing was was finished?’. Then there was the lady who always removed her face mask to speak.

There are times when you wonder if you have got onto the set of a candid camera version of Last of the Summer Wine.
Less, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 15:07   #446
Senior Member+

Just after my wife died I had to do my own shopping until I organised home delivery.
Wandering aimlessly around Tesco, not having a clue where things were I spotted a neighbour looking at me and I said "hello", she replied "Hello Russell. are you doing your shopping?

She's been a bit cool towards me since my reply was "No, i'm putting back what I stole last week, what does it look like I'm doing".
Old 18-05-2020, 09:22   #447
God Member

[QUOTE=Gremlin;

She's been a bit cool towards me since my reply was "No, i'm putting back what I stole last week, what does it look like I'm doing".[/QUOTE]

bit like the one i had when i lived in rugby. there was a neighbour we didn,t really like. it was a warm sunday morning and i came out of the house with my referees kit on. she said to me, are you going to football. i replied, no i.m off to work, its dressing up day sunday. she just said, oh and carried on. another instance of if you have nothing to say keep it shut.
Gremlin likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 09:33   #448
Beacon of light

That is like when I was a student nurse on nights at the weekends...I can't count the number of times I was asked if I was going to work....or the blank looks when I said I was going to a party.
Where else would you go in a collar so stiff it ate into your neck...and a hideous blue dress?
Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 18-05-2020, 11:41   #449

Quote:
That is like when I was a student nurse on nights at the weekends...I can't count the number of times I was asked if I was going to work....or the blank looks when I said I was going to a party.
Where else would you go in a collar so stiff it ate into your neck...and a hideous blue dress?
Now you have upset me Marge, If it had not been for Sister Hayes and her nurses All dressed in quote, "hideous blue dresses" and "stiff necked collars", in 1968 after they and the Docters at Accrington Victoria Hospital put me back together following a motor cycle accident and after my wife was told that I only had a one in ten chance of pulling through,the staff of N.H.S. can wear boiler suits, flat caps and steel toecapped boots for me.
But as Dick Emery used to say, "OOh you are awful but I like you" So I will take your comment with a pinch of salt.(washed down with a drop of Hobgoblin.
Your's The elderly laughing Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 12:10   #450
Beacon of light

Taddy, what I meant by that comment was.....who would go out in one of those blue dresses?
I was actually very proud to wear my uniform...it was the badge of who I was......and considering I had left school with nothing.....it just showed that by working hard, putting the effort in....that anything was possible.
I did well in my career, I got a City and Guilds teaching qualification an NVQ level 4, an assessor and examiner qualification....and this was someone the education system turned out to be factory fodder.

Oh....and I remember Sister Hayes.
When I was a student...and very green, she told me that I had 'a lot of oil in my lamp'.....
Her way of saying I would go far.....and she was right.
I owed it to the people who spent time and trouble to teach me.

Hope that clarifies it Taddy.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..