Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2020, 08:40   #736
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

think a lot of the nonsense surrounding the virus can be described covid bull**** baffles brains. from the outset i have stretched the rules and regs behind it with well thought out reasons for doing so. in full house arrest i still drove a few miles up the moors to exercise myself and my dogs. i stretched the hour without decimating the whole population of the worth valley. now i have banned myself from shops as i do not use public transport anyway. then i hear of the stories of the virus being put on death certificates of termanly ill cancer patients. only this morning on our way back from our walk i took her in the kitchen down to aldi where you are now confronted by traffic lights outside the shop. green for entry etc. next thing there will be a mini roundabout outside the entry exit doors to regulate the way you walk back to your car. not one for conspiracy theories but it makes you wonder if there is more behind these restrictions than just a virus for our future lives. positive tests going up but deaths are going down. you couldn,t make it up if you tried.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2020, 08:42   #737
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ah but yeh didnt say if it comes to pass? yeh stated like it was now fact? that to me is believing the media.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:33   #738
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think a lot of the nonsense surrounding the virus can be described covid bull**** baffles brains. from the outset i have stretched the rules and regs behind it with well thought out reasons for doing so. in full house arrest i still drove a few miles up the moors to exercise myself and my dogs. i stretched the hour without decimating the whole population of the worth valley. now i have banned myself from shops as i do not use public transport anyway. then i hear of the stories of the virus being put on death certificates of termanly ill cancer patients. only this morning on our way back from our walk i took her in the kitchen down to aldi where you are now confronted by traffic lights outside the shop. green for entry etc. next thing there will be a mini roundabout outside the entry exit doors to regulate the way you walk back to your car. not one for conspiracy theories but it makes you wonder if there is more behind these restrictions than just a virus for our future lives. positive tests going up but deaths are going down. you couldn,t make it up if you tried.
You must have a posh Aldi MH, at ours we've still just got someone on the door telling us when we can go in - traffic lights would be nice
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:44   #739
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ah but yeh didnt say if it comes to pass? yeh stated like it was now fact? that to me is believing the media.
That is because it was how it is being reported Cashy.
Things have been reported in this way and then they have happened...a bit like the local council saying 'we will undertake a consultation exercise' but then go ahead and rubber stamp the issue without ever listening to a dissenting voice.
You cannot avoid the media...it is one of the driving forces of this current situation....and I think it is easier to believe the things that are going to remove more freedoms from a scared population.

That there is no sense or logic to it makes me believe it will be done.
The less sense and logic seems to be how those in the driving seat decide things.

I am just utterly fed up of the whole inglorious mess...and I will not be doing anymore staying home....I object to having my life stolen by government...if it gets stolen by the virus then I lived my life...I did not cower behind the sofa like a five year old afraid of the bogeyman.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:11   #740
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i also go out shoping and with the dog, its just a matter of using common sense to me. also the main reason things are getting worse is the idiotic young people pleasing themselves and not giving a stuff for anyone else. thats the society the snowflakes have created imho,

Last edited by cashman; 03-08-2020 at 11:20.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:55   #741
Beacon of light

You are right Cashy....they feel invincible, but it will not be them who are put into lockdown.
They will continue to do what they have done all along.....an there will be nothing done.

All that said, today is the day we should be looking at a freer way of life...a relaxation of the knee jerk actions of a government that seems to have little grasp of what is going on....that has been complicit in publishing figures of infections and deaths that have to be bogus.....they certainly do not add up.
When this gross misrepresentation is spotted by academics who are not part of SAGE or the government machine, it is described as a 'statistical anomaly'.

No-one in England EVER recovers from Covid....it doesn't matter if you die in ten years time...if it was suspected that you ever had the virus...that will be on your death certificate.

Now surely the motives for such actions are suspicious.
The biggest global con job in the history of man....I hate being duped.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-08-2020 at 12:58.
Old 03-08-2020, 13:02   #742
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its just a matter of using common sense to me.
Common sense is not a plant that grows well in everyone's garden Cashy.....and it certainly is not common.
Old 03-08-2020, 15:45   #743
God Member

Very rare, just as rare as finding someone willing to speak out against this current madness.

https://apple.news/AsvSTnvzDQ2eExvW-jL4rFg

Course, he had to go to the US to find a channel willing to countenance such thought-crime and the latter part of his rant is about American politics. But it seems to resonate here as well in many ways.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 17:31   #744
Beacon of light

that man is saying what some of us have been thinking for a long time(and some of us have been voicing it too).
I agreed with everything he said but it also made me angry, turned my screw... at how we have all been played like a fiddle...how we have submissively accepted what we have been told with barely a murmur, by people who we have been told are experts.

I really do despair for the future because its fabric has been irreparably damaged
Old 03-08-2020, 21:27   #745
Beacon of light

Interesting stuff from Professor Carl Heneghan the Oxford based professor of Evidence Based Clinical Medicine....and one of the team who cast doubt on the figures being published by PHE.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-...ing-heres-why/

Have a read of that.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:06   #746
God Member

just heard that the so called expert scientists have stated a second virus outbreak in december. not november or january but december. shortly we will get a prediction on the actual day it will start in that month.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:10   #747
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I am just utterly fed up of the whole inglorious mess...and I will not be doing anymore staying home....I object to having my life stolen by government...if it gets stolen by the virus then I lived my life...I did not cower behind the sofa like a five year old afraid of the bogeyman.
that sums it up for me. at least i will not be dying of worry giving me a heart attack if i fail to follow even one government law or advice.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34   #748
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Interesting stuff from Professor Carl Heneghan the Oxford based professor of Evidence Based Clinical Medicine....
https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-...ing-heres-why/...
Yet another statistical analysis that will be totally and deliberately ignored by our new masters - the medical media complex.
And so this morning’s BBC Radio 4 news led with some French catastrophist computer modeller who had run 12 different scenarios around the mythical second spike (no questioning of a spike of what - deaths or cases) and guess which one got the headline news? Of course, the worst case.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:00   #749
Beacon of light

Why are people not questioning the motives of governments who misrepresent information?
(This is a huge con job, but everyone just puts on a mask and does as they are told)

I dare not put onto the form what I think is happening...but it has all been carefully planned or how would Antony Fauci be able to,predict a 'surprise' pandemic ( this was at a conference a few years ago...if you are interested you can find it on the net).....plandemic is more like it.
And why would China apply for a patent for this virus?(it has to have been engineered for it to need a patent.
It all smacks of some nasty stuff going on.

This is a social experiment in controlling the population.
Come back MargaretR.....all is forgiven
Old 04-08-2020, 10:59   #750
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1242821]

This is a social experiment in controlling the population.

the sad or annoying thing about it is that the government are winning. those decenters like us and alex bellfield on his youtube channel are now the ones who some will decide are the nut jobs. in years gone by information has been put out in doing this or that to attempt to lower deaths from other illnesses. apart from the no smoking one they have met with little success. some live in constant fear of corona where they have never feared before in their lives. thanks government and your pet scientist of the day you are close to winning.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..