Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2020, 10:52   #1021
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
or whatever someone may ever have had.
If it could detect infections of cynicism then the figures would be off the scale!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2020, 11:05   #1022
Beacon of light

The media are saying that there has been a rise in the numbers of infections, but yet there has been a fall in the death rate and few intensive care beds are occupied by seriously ill Covid patients.

Anyone with half an ounce of common sense would see that the more tests that are done, the more results will be obtained...and counting a result as positive if the patient is not suffering symptoms is a manipulation of statistics.
Every patient who is going to hospital for treatment or for investigations has been asked to go for a test before they will be seen...if this proves positive, then any treatment or investigation will be put on hold.
I know two such patients personally...one with a disfiguring basal cell carcinoma of the face and the other with potential bowel cancer and needing a colonoscopy...both have had their treatments/investigations put on hold because of positive tests, though neither have any symptoms...no cough, no temperature, no sore throat, no loss of taste or sense of smell....ZERO symptoms.
So does this mean that the tests are contaminated...or just unreliable.

What this government is doing is what terrorists do to hostages......they are cruel, they remove freedoms and then give a little bit back, then remove yet more freedoms.
It can be seen as an instrument of torture.

Lord Jonathan Sumption a retired senior judge has said that this is all illegal and that the 1984 act that has been invoked to bring in these measures, does not support(legally) what is being done.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-09-2020 at 11:07.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 11:07   #1023
Beacon of light

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/comment...104325.article

This is not from mainstream media, so it is a reliable source...see what he says here
Old 13-09-2020, 11:17   #1024
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they enforced them in Bolton.quite a few fined for attending some do.

Yes Cashy, but how do they propose to monitor household gatherings?
And if you are out in the open air and social distancing(all a load of globular objects, in my opinion, but then you know that)how is that dangerous?
You can go to the pub.....mix with people you know nothing about and that is alright is it? Well as long as there are no more than six in the group you are seated with.
Yes, I know that these establishments are now obliged to get your contact details, but how can these be verified?

This is all ludicrous and it makes the government look totally inept and useless,
especially when you look at the example of Sweden.

No...the genrtal public are being played like a fiddle and many of them cannot see it.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-09-2020, 17:00   #1025
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
....No...the general public are being played like a fiddle and many of them cannot see it.
I’m beginning to suspect that some people are more than happy to be played like a fiddle.
It saves researching things for themselves, and then thinking about what they find.
Or anything for an easy life and not be challenged by Covid Nazis.
Then there are the parents who are happy to muzzle their infants and make them breathe their own carbon dioxide all day. Don’t know whether this is because they believe the all the propaganda except the bit about very young kid being virtually immune.
Or is it because, like many parents, they do what their kids tell them to do and their progeny think they are in some kind of game show or a rerun of the film ‘Contagion’.
It’s just beyond rational thought but, meanwhile, back in the real world...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 686FF83C-8604-427D-96FA-78C585951BBC.jpeg (186.3 KB, 7 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 17:52   #1026
Beacon of light

Thinking is (for some) fraught with difficulty.
They have not had to do it....so find it a difficult thing to do.
It is the line of least resistance to just swallow whole and unchewed the propaganda that keeps them prisoner.
I think they like being a prisoner...being directed as to what to do.

As for children wearing masks....well, maybe they want to mimic grown ups, but as a parent I would not be putting a child in a mask.(long term health risks will become apparent in the not too distant future)

The government will be making money out of mask wearers seeing as they set up factories to produce face masks....of course they will want people to keep on wearing them...they
need the money.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-09-2020, 07:37   #1027
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1244578]

As for children wearing masks....well, maybe they want to mimic grown ups, b

think thats the case with many of kids. we all did it to a certain extent as kids. then it starts to multiply as if their friends are seen wearing muzzles then they want one not to feel the odd one out. for me its a horrible sight seeing kids around playing a permanent game of doctors and nurses.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 09:27   #1028
Beacon of light

The government are counting positive virus results as cases of the disease.
This is so far from the truth it is ridiculous.
No clinician or virologist would count a positive result as a 'case' in the absence of symptoms.
So we are being hoodwinked....what's more is that some of these tests relate to the same person tested more than once.
Old 14-09-2020, 12:34   #1029
God Member

Have always liked Dilbert cartoons as they skewer the idiocy of management.
This one is courtesy of Lockdown Sceptics web site....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BE878AFF-8E5F-4D99-9B38-F743A925F316.jpeg (280.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 18-09-2020, 10:23   #1030
God Member

Just listened to a doctor, who was an adviser to one of the BigPharma companies so, presumably, no ‘conspiracy theorist’, demolish this stupid, unscientific, deceitful Government policy of PCR ‘testing‘ that is prolonging the agony for the rest of us.

Hope this link works

And surprise, surprise, guess what, Simon Dolan’s judicial review into the Govt’s lockdown policy has been delayed, again, because ONE of the Govt’s ELEVEN lawyers is on holiday.
As they comment on Lockdown Sceptics:
The convenience of the delay for the Government, which won’t risk its ludicrous measures being challenged for a further month, is more than a little suspicious, particularly when the speed with which Gina Miller’s Brexit appeal was heard shows what lawyers and judges can do when they really want to. Worried, Boris?
Old 19-09-2020, 07:53   #1031
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1244746]Just listened to a doctor, who was an adviser to one of the BigPharma companies so, presumably, no ‘conspiracy theorist’, demolish this stupid, unscientific, deceitful Government policy of PCR ‘testing‘ that is prolonging the agony for the rest of us.

we have reached a situation now like brexit. the vast majority of the population have really made their minds up about the virus and nothing will change their minds. the fact is that the more you hear the more you are convinced to stay down the line of your thoughts. this virus just will never totally go away. its a good job many in this country and our government do not live in tropical climates with their deseases that their populations just have to carry on and live with.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 09:57   #1032
Beacon of light

I think that the way this whole thing has been handled from the very start has been nonsensical, illogical and has shown a lack of rational thinking.
They keep telling us that this is an unprecedented situation...yet this year more people died from seasonal flu.
What has been unprecedented has been the way the situation has been managed.

The government locked us down for three months solid, but took no controlling measures over who was flying into the country....no temperature checks, no checks on where travellers were coming from, where they had been, whether they had been in viral hotspots.
They allowed all and sundry to enter unchecked.

Cases of the suspected disease were cared for in District General Hospitals....they should have been cared for in isolation units until it was confirmed or refuted that they had the virus....they should have been looked after by staff who only worked doing that job.
Testing has been a fiasco.
Yes the virus killed people(some died with the virus, rather than of it, but the government made mileage out of these statistics...this seriously dents the integrity of information) of it was the fixation with ventilating patients that maybe killed them.

In spite of there having Benn this pandemic, the death rate for ALL deaths is lower than it has been for the last five years. (From ONS statistics)
Is that incredible?
We keep being told that the figures are rising.....but is that because they are counting tests(and some of these are done on the same person more than once) and calling anpositive test 'a case' whether they have symptoms or not?
A positive test in the absence of symptoms is NOT a case....therenis also a high level of false positives.
We cannot meet up with members of our family, but we can go to the pub....as long as we go home before ten pm.....it is the illogicality of these rules that calls them into question.
It makes the rules much less likely to be followed.

Fewer people are dying from this virus, fewer people are being hospitalised(regardless of what Matt Hancock tells us....have you noticed he is quoting percentages rather than hard figures).....yet we are being forced into local lockdowns.
We really need to get on with life....we cannot hibernate forever.
Old 19-09-2020, 11:01   #1033

Oh I don't know, Hibernate,a seven letter word beginning H-b-----, could well be Hobgoblin,
sounds good to me.
Regards, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 12:00   #1034
Beacon of light

Thread wander....I was speaking to a chap yesterday and his son in la had given him a bottle of Hobgoblin and he said it tasted like beer should taste, but being a very occasional drinker...it went to his legs.
When he was telling me this I thought of you Taddy.
Less and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 19-09-2020, 20:16   #1035
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Oh I don't know, Hibernate,a seven letter word beginning H-b-----, could well be Hobgoblin,
sounds good to me.
Regards, Taddy.

Think you might have been overdoing the Hobby there mate, your numbers are all over the shop, unless of course you're refering to the number of brews you've had!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..