Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2020, 08:55   #1201
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
more like restrictions in what the can and cannot do. if they refuse and in small numbers their choice will be to resign or join the majority. that may be our chance in a year or so.
That is obvious to many people i think.
Old 26-10-2020, 09:32   #1202
Beacon of light

This is a picture of a letter received by someone living in Wales.
This person has ongoing serious health issues.
In Saturday mornings post they received two letters....one reminding them that the should have the flu jab(that makes money for the practice) and this one telling them that if their health took a major downturn they would not be admitted to hospital, an ambulance would not be called and no measures such as CPR would be performed on them...but later in the letter in bold....it tells them that they are not being abandoned.

So tell me....is this the NHS at its best?
Oh and before someone tells me that GP’s are not employed by the NHS, but contracted to the NHS...I know....but should it make a difference?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CC469C5F-BF35-4130-9A3A-9133829C67BE.jpeg (224.1 KB, 14 views)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 10:13   #1203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is obvious to many people i think.
but is it. vaccinations will never be compulsory but there could be restrictions put on the whole population who refuses them. doubt many think this will happen but how many thought we,d be restricted in our lives since march. keep hoping something will crop up where the vast majority do rebel in the enough is enough thoughts. not going to be a breath holding exercise though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 10:17   #1204
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is a picture of a letter received by someone living in Wales.
This person has ongoing serious health issues.
In Saturday mornings post they received two letters....one reminding them that the should have the flu jab(that makes money for the practice) and this one telling them that if their health took a major downturn they would not be admitted to hospital, an ambulance would not be called and no measures such as CPR would be performed on them...but later in the letter in bold....it tells them that they are not being abandoned.

So tell me....is this the NHS at its best?
Oh and before someone tells me that GP’s are not employed by the NHS, but contracted to the NHS...I know....but should it make a difference?
be interesting how many similar letters went out last week. is it the health service to blame or the welsh assembly putting pressure on em to toe their line.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:57   #1205
God Member

This is beyond belief....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F893E634-5A53-4F9A-A054-9A817746ADCB.jpeg (146.3 KB, 18 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 12:13   #1206
Beacon of light

It is time they (the government, the scientists) started to come clean about the number of people who are ill....rather than the number of people who have had positive PCR tests.
A positive test means nothing in the absence of symptoms.
Currently it is implied that positive tests are ‘cases’.....many of these tests will be repeat tests on the same person(schools require a negative result before a child can return to school).
600 thousand children have been sent home from school since the new term started....only 10 thousand tested positive....and we are not told just how many of these children actually exhibited symptoms.

The other thing that I wonder is whether the amplification of these tests has been increased....or what the amplification of each test is.
The reason I would like to know is that the more a test is amplified the more likely it is to be positive.
This test is not specific to Covid....it will pick up and protein from previous virus infections....not necessarily Covid.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-10-2020, 09:07   #1207
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1246238]It is time they (the government, the scientists) started to come clean about the number of people who are ill....

that what really bugs me. they say X number of positive cases in a certain area. that certainly is not the case to order a wreath for all of em. however there must be plenty of people out there hearing these things that go in a bigger panic mode because of this news. in times of crisis it should be the governments job to reassure the population not putting em in fear and having to find the correct information from somewhere else.
Old 30-10-2020, 09:12   #1208
Beacon of light

If there were the cases that they are bandying around then there would be bodies piled up in the streets.
If you get this virus, then unless you are already ill with another condition...or perhaps even have an undiagnosed condition(it is said that there are many undiagnosed type two diabetics in the population) then your chances of recovery are 99%.
So why are we disabling education, businesses livelihoods for a 1% risk?

Well, I know what I think...but then you do too as I have been saying it since dot of this situation...but then why would anyone listen to a conspiracy theorist?
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-10-2020, 09:59   #1209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So why are we disabling education, businesses livelihoods for a 1% risk?

Well, I know what I think...but then you do too as I have been saying it since dot of this situation...but then why would anyone listen to a conspiracy theorist?
again its not a conspiracy theory. why do the thinking population have to search youtube, read your and exiles stuff to get an alternative view to help you understand the total situation we are in. what you and exile find is not compulsory to believe but neither is the BBC. unfortunetly the majority seem to believe them and shows the value of constant propaganda issued to the public.
Old 30-10-2020, 12:55   #1210
Beacon of light

yes...I think my aim has to be that I offer information for people to consider as an alternative to the stuff we are being bombarded with....and also what seems to be the agenda behind these scare tactics for that is what they are.
People may read the links that i post, the information,( and some of it from sources that havean agenda in keeping us scared) and they can decide whether they waant to beleive MSM or whether they will look into the alternative views.

There is a growing group of medics, scientists and epidemiologists who are openly expressing views other than that the governments in the world are asking the population to believe.
and if they are concerned then it stands to reason(or to my reason) that there is something to be concerned about.
Old 31-10-2020, 09:08   #1211
God Member

new on the BBC website the government scientific moddlers are predicting deaths between 2 and 4 thousand a day if the government does not intervene again. wasn,t it no more than 1,000 fudged figures anyway at last times maximum. these men are really dangerous.
Old 31-10-2020, 09:27   #1212
Beacon of light

New full Lockdown next week.
We have had a creeping lockdown for weeks anyway.
Ridiculous and nonsensical rules have meant that people did not trust what they were being asked to do...but were still scared by the information.

They think a lockdown will sort it....it won’t.
It will still be there when we are released from house arrest.
Old 31-10-2020, 10:06   #1213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as im concerned a full lockdown has no chance of working unless they start to come down hard on the clowns that ignore it. obviously wont win me any fans but i dont give a stuff thats my view Like it or Lump it.
Old 31-10-2020, 12:00   #1214
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
vaccinations will never be compulsory

Quite, in 90/91 before going to the Gulf, British troops were offered a jag against Bubonic plague due to the Bio-warfare threat of Saddam. This particular little dose of joy wasn't exactly an off the shelf & authorised cure all, more a sort of lets see what happens, Squaddies being squaddies just said yeah ok do it!

After leaving in late 93 I received my medical docs to hand on to my new Civvy house doctor, nowhere in my papers was the plague jag mentioned, I & I would suggest 99% of the UK forces "Voluntarily" got stabbed without knowing the effectiveness or if complications would arise then or in later life.

When studies showing our lads & lasses along with many allied troops showing varying unidentifiable & non definable, illnesses & effects years after, known as the "Gulf war syndrome", all Govts denied any knowledge as to why this should be.
Old 31-10-2020, 12:05   #1215
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Have just read Sean Connery has died, now I wonder what they'll put the cause down to?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..