Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2021, 18:41   #1576

Re: Corona Virus

After watching tonights news, I am of the opinion that anyone,(anyone) who says that this covid 19 is a scam, A stitch up,a world ploy, either thinks that they know more than they do, or they have a death wish; I am not and have never been a God Botherer but please, for Gods sake, obey the rules. If this comment conveys the fact that I am more than worried for my missus and I, then the comment is true.
Yes, this message comes from an old, (sorry), Mature, Luddite.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2021, 19:31   #1577
Beacon of light

Stay Safe Taddy and Hazel.....look after each other.....please do not live scared.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 10:31   #1578
God Member

just use your common sense. most of the rules are just that. its how some are twisted by some where the problem lies. i know its not easy to forget things like those having a coffee outside is only a sandwich short of a picnic and discussing what local really means. in the wider picture it doen,t really matter.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 10:48   #1579
Beacon of light

Do not lose sight of the fact that most people will survive this Taddy.
You have to put some perspective on things.
The only things you can influence are the things that YOU two do to stay Safe.....and if you are doing these, then you can do no more.
What other people do, is their business...and I mean that most respectfully.
taddy likes this.
Old 14-01-2021, 12:42   #1580
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh but do most elderly people that get it survive? cos i have doubts about that which is the real question to me, i think most elderly folk take notice of the precautions?
taddy likes this.
Old 14-01-2021, 13:04   #1581
Beacon of light

Cashy, a lot of the elderly that I know have been doing the right things.....there are a couple in our street who go out maybe once a week....the rest of the time their family bring them things that they need.
There are reports of elderly people surviving...in fact in one report today a lady of 101 has had Covid twice, recovered and says she feels better than ever.

As I have previously noted, up until recently I knew of no one that had had the illness, but lots who had tested positive with no illness.....so I cannot comment.

Statistically, over 99% of people will recover well.
There is some suggestion that those who do recover well may have been exposed to other Coronaviruses in their past (remember the common cold is a Coronavirus).
Further information is that natural immunity last five months longer than the jab.

Another interesting fact is that camelids have a natural immunity to all Coronaviruses and scientists are looking into this to see if they can adapt the immunity of llamas, camel and alpacas to human form.
I know...I know....I read too much.

Another interesting fact is that people who are scared have lower levels of immunity.
Old 14-01-2021, 13:38   #1582

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

Another interesting fact is that camelids have a natural immunity to all Coronaviruses and scientists are looking into this to see if they can adapt the immunity of llamas, camel and alpacas to human form.
I know...I know....I read too much.

What a cracking idea, I could fill the hump on my back with Hobgoblin, it would save having to use a bottle opener, please let me know when the (Camel) jab is available Marge.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 15:59   #1583
Beacon of light

oh Taddy...you do make me smile....a hump full of hobgoblin might out you off your legs though...so are you sure you want to know?
taddy likes this.
Old 14-01-2021, 21:05   #1584
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Another interesting fact is that camelids have a natural immunity to all Coronaviruses

That's because they're evil, sly, smelly B'stards that'll spit in your eye as soon as look at you, the original Humpy no mates, no wonder they don't catch it, they ain't social & their social distancing is the distance they can spit!
Old 14-01-2021, 21:23   #1585
Beacon of light

alpaca's are part of this animal group and they are beautiful...vicuna are too.....maybe they learned their spitting from footballers.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-01-2021, 06:30   #1586
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
.....maybe they learned their spitting from footballers.

Don't think the evil beasts are over keen on footy, more likely their camel jockey owners.
taddy likes this.
Old 15-01-2021, 11:13   #1587
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's because they're evil, sly, smelly B'stards that'll spit in your eye as soon as look at you, the original Humpy no mates, no wonder they don't catch it, they ain't social & their social distancing is the distance they can spit!
along with cats these are the only animals i find it hard to like. given up on a lot of the human race years ago.
DaveinGermany and ferret man like this.
Old 15-01-2021, 11:15   #1588
God Member

Quote:
Do not lose sight of the fact that most people will survive this Taddy.
You have to put some perspective on things.
The only things you can influence are the things that YOU two do to stay Safe.....and if you are doing these, then you can do no more.
What other people do, is their business...and I mean that most respectfully.
try to avoid as many news items as possible, especially anything the BBC propaganda machine dishes out as our daily dose of panic.
Old 15-01-2021, 14:56   #1589
Beacon of light

I have not watched the news on any channel for ten months.
Old 15-01-2021, 17:50   #1590
Beacon of light

Today Boris has announced that from 4am Monday morning our borders will be closed.
By then it will have been 301 days since he closed down the country(but loonily left borders open)....all I can say is ‘What took you so long’.....if he had done this at the outset we would be in a very different place right now.
(But yet this calamity is ‘our fault’)
I despair, truly I do!
taddy and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..