Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2021, 10:08   #1621
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

theres been plenty of discussion on here or are we not society?
Old 18-01-2021, 10:10   #1622
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
According to the latest news, the vaccine is being rolled out for the over 70s this week, if you need a lift to the "Acorn Centre" Marge, just ask, (please answer politely).

Taddy, I was brought up to have manners...so if I required a lift I would certainly be polite in my request..
There are a lot of over 70's about so it might take a day or two for the letters to arrive.

Something else that is in the news today is that one in six people who contracted the virus did so whilst in hospital for something other than the virus.

That is no surprise to me...that is what happens when you accommodate an infection condition in a DGH rather than an isolation facility.
Does anyone remember Withnell TB hospital or Park Lee Isolation hospital?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 10:27   #1623
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

alas, it seem like there is no place in thei society for any discussion, so dissent is definiteely not going to be welcome.
if the government held all the cards on this they,d be happy to have this discussion, or have we entered a world where no discussion or dissent is now allowed and we have to all follow the party line no matter how many times it may change in even a short period of time. we have got to a point where some do not want a discussion but tell us to just get on with it and roll up our sleeves without any thought whatsoever. waiting patiantly for telling me to roll on my back next with my arms and legs up.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 10:27   #1624
Beacon of light

we are not supposed to be 'thinking'...we are just supposed to be 'obeying'
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-01-2021, 10:30   #1625
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
theres been plenty of discussion on here or are we not society?

Yes Cashy we are part of society, but it seems our influence is that of a midge bite on the hide of an elephant...it has absolutely no effect.

If we were not considered intelligent enough to decide about our future in the EU, why do you think the government would consider us, the hoi polloi, intelligent enough to ask these questions?
Old 18-01-2021, 10:31   #1626
Beacon of light

we are only useful to carry the blame.
Old 18-01-2021, 10:32   #1627
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1249297]
There are a lot of over 70's about so it might take a day or two for the letters to arrive.

quite a lot of over 80,s have not had one in my area yet. it seems to be ones who have no real health problems that are still waiting. co incidence or what.
Old 18-01-2021, 15:24   #1628
Beacon of light

I will happily stand aside and let them have mine.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-01-2021, 17:29   #1629
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Today Boris has announced that from 4am Monday morning our borders will be closed.

Way to late, I had to travel to UK on Friday 15th (all official, deliveries from Germany). Prior to entering Holland for the ferry I had to have had a Covid test, down your throat & up your nose. I also had to fill in a UK Gov locator form.

I drove through Holland to the ferry terminal, no checks. Offloaded at Harwich, my health papers weren't checked but they ripped the van apart. That done I drove into the heart of Saddiks plaguey London & dropped off.

I then headed across to Holyhead, getting there at dark O'Clock bound for the Emerald Isle & the heart of Paddy land Dublin, again no check of the "Demanded" health papers but the customs docs weren't in order due to Brexit, so no drivey to Bogland.

I then went home to my Dads house, stayed at his for near on 24hrs, then back to Harwich, guess what? No checking of health papers, got on the boat & went back to europe via the "Hook", passport & why are you here questions then I was sent on my way.

Now after reading that is it any wonder that plague & pestilence is rife, me & my "Ratty" ilk roaming freely across international borders.

Incidentally "I was Clean", the pokey sticks up the nose & down the throat gave up a negative result & was good for 72 hours. (not like that really makes any actual difference)
Old 19-01-2021, 20:06   #1630
Beacon of light

Son...that just illustrates the point that the border control in this country is woeful and at a time when it should be so tight it squeeks.

anyway glad you got back safe and sound...at least you got a change of scene..all I am getting is a change of rain
Old 20-01-2021, 10:25   #1631
Beacon of light

we are an island and have a glorious moat of sea to stop invaders...that includes diseases.
But having a moat is no damn good if you supply the enemy with boats.

There is uch said, but little is done to back up the words.
From reports even people flying in are not getting the checks that were promised so it is little wonder that we are in the position we are in right now.
taddy likes this.
Old 20-01-2021, 10:30   #1632
God Member

Quote:
we are not supposed to be 'thinking'...we are just supposed to be 'obeying'
and you know what they can do. insert any single words you can think of.
Old 24-01-2021, 17:57   #1633

Myself and the main person in our household have received notification to make an appointment to receive the Covid vaccination; we will both be attending. If you don't hear any more news from the "Luddite", Then it dosn't work.
Stay safe, Regards, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 21:14   #1634
God Member

Heh folks, it’ll soon be over, President Biden’s arrived.
And on the very day he was inaugurated the WHO issued a notice that seems to acknowledge that too many false positive PCR tests are being recorded and advises that amplifying the test by x35 to find scraps of coronavirus DNA is not a good idea.
Good day to bury such news, maybe?

This is what many have been saying for ages, and have been smeared as conspiracists for doing so, that people’s health should be assessed by trained doctors according to established medical practice, and not solely by a single diagnostic aid, however “high-tech”, randomly applied throughout the population.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.

Unless, of course, those who (or should that be WHO) pushed the use of mass PCR tests had other motives.

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-...-users-2020-05
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 12:55   #1635
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Biden is even more useless that who he replaced as president in my view.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..