Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2021, 08:55   #1726
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
have to say the man is a complete CLOWN,
France is a circus, but Macron thinks he is The RingMaster.
Nothing much new there
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2021, 09:23   #1727
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
France is a circus, but Macron thinks he is The RingMaster.
Nothing much new there

Even worse than that Ma, I have to travel & deliver in the place quite frequently, I'd say it's more like one of those travelling Victorian "Freak shows" with all the freakish wierdness & gruesomeness that entails.

As to Paris, dirty, horrible, disgusting place, why anyone would want to willingly go there is beyond me, I go through it but at least I'm paid.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:05   #1728
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

As to Paris, dirty, horrible, disgusting place, why anyone would want to willingly go there is beyond me, I go through it but at least I'm paid.
been there and thought the same. romantic, yes as is barrow on half day closing day.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2021, 14:37   #1729

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany

As to Paris, dirty, horrible, disgusting place, why anyone would want to willingly go there is beyond me, I go through it but at least I'm paid.[/QUOTE]

Never been and never will, I have enough baby frogs in the purpose built pond on my allotment, without me going looking for a Napoleon Tadpole.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2021, 18:05   #1730
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Never been and never will, I have enough baby frogs in the purpose built pond on my allotment, without me going looking for a Napoleon Tadpole.

Aye & them ones stay small & likeable.
Old 14-04-2021, 09:11   #1731
God Member

plus its the capital of a country with inedable food and a love for the worlds worst food garlic. as for wine or my preferred spelling, whine i have never got that stuff either. when i did drink i used to love these foody types who when asking me what i wanted to drink. they expected my reply to be chateau something or other and not a pint of mild. sod em the look on their faces helped me to think my share of the bill was worth it.
dotti34, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 19-04-2021, 13:19   #1732
God Member

An interesting perspective on what we’ve had to endure in 2020.
An understanding of the past often reveals a reality that computer models about the future can never do.
This is a chart taken from the BMJ
If you want to read the article it’s here - https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n896

Can’t wait for the panic mongering media to highlight the findings that the death rate in 2020, as a % of the total population of the country, was lower than in every year before 2009.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4EB53060-4C10-49BB-BAF4-6E830BE91824.jpeg (270.0 KB, 6 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 14:35   #1733
Beacon of light

An interesting read.
Thank you for that Exile.
Old 19-04-2021, 15:01   #1734
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very interesting mate.
Old 20-04-2021, 20:16   #1735
God Member

I can’t believe this Govt, but has Johnson finally realised that there is at least one well-tested, universally-used, very cheap anti-viral drug out there that has been scientifically proven, in numerous studies, to be effective in prevention: ivermectin.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56823627
Old 23-04-2021, 09:49   #1736
God Member

Slowly, drip by drip, is some common sense and truth finally emerging...very well written article from New Africa.
Interesting what it claims about the Bought Broadcasting Corruption towards the end, but then we already knew how that organ works.

https://www.newsafrica.net/sections/...testing-claims
Old 23-04-2021, 10:03   #1737
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Slowly, drip by drip, is some common sense and truth finally emerging...very well written article from New Africa.
Interesting what it claims about the Bought Broadcasting Corruption towards the end, but then we already knew how that organ works.

https://www.newsafrica.net/sections/...testing-claims
funny how these types of article have never got a mention and i think a lot of us know why. at times if you do not follow the media norm you feel akin to a jewish, gay rights sympathiser in pre war nazi germany who expects a knock on their door from the goons any minute.
Old 23-04-2021, 20:08   #1738
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Hold the front page, news from Germany!

22.04.2021: RKI: Flu wave failed to materialise - a novelty

Berlin (dpa) - With only 519 laboratory-confirmed cases so far, what is probably the weakest flu season in decades in Germany is coming to an end. According to the definition of the Influenza Working Group (AGI) at the Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the criteria for the beginning of an influenza wave have not been met, an RKI spokeswoman announced. This means: "There has been no flu wave at all this season." This is a novelty since the beginning of flu surveillance by the working group, which was founded in 1992. One reason for the absence of the wave of infections is the Corona protection measures.
+++

Who'd a thunk it?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-04-2021, 20:29   #1739
God Member

Here’s a question which none of the ‘bought’ media, as part of their hysterical coverage of the current Covid rate in India, seems bothered to ask...

Notwithstanding disputes about causes of death, what % of the population has died with/from Covid?

In the UK the ‘official’ death rate figure is 0.19% of the total population (129,048 out of 68,177,336).

In India, it’s 0.14% (189,549 out of 1,391,174,679).

Of course, once we all governed by the Chinese Communist Party inc. we can look forward to a death rate of.....0.0003%.

Who, other than the WHO, would believe it?
Old 23-04-2021, 21:05   #1740
Beacon of light

Exile, there are a number of us who have maintained a perspective on this pandemic.
We have asked what seem reasonable questions...we have posted links to evidence that was not part of the MSM cabal(therefore disrespected)......we were called Covid deniers.
(I was told that I was being irresponsible)

I have never once said that Coronavirus did not exist....but that it was being used as a tool to scare the population into submission.

When the government are telling you one thing, but the ONS stats are saying something different you have to think that there is a motive to what is being done.

Even the ONS stats were fiddled with too.....the usual seasonal flu and pneumonia deaths were re named Covid.......never before has there been a year when there were no deaths from Flu and pneumonia....that in itself has to be questionable.

Now....all hail the vaccine.
A vaccine that is still in stage three trials until sometime mid 2023, and this new type of vaccine has never before been used on humans....let alone tested properly.

So the big Pharma companies....who have immunity against any claims against them, got the whole population of the UK to be their guinea pigs.....at absolutely no cost to them.
Even those who declined the vaccine were a useful tool...they are the ‘control’ subjects in this vast free study.
For a virus that has a mortality rate of less than 1% ( unless you are fat, unfit or have other co morbidities).
Most of those who died were older people....not that any death is not lamentable, but most had lived longer than the national averages of death for both men and women.

We are now almost 400 days into restrictions of some sort or another.
Lives have been disrupted(go on tell me that this disruption is less than the disruption of death.....I would rather live on my feet than die on my knees)....the economy had been tanked and the education of future generations have been trashed.

Yet there are still those out there who are begging for more of the same....too scared to go back to living without a mask.
What cowards we have become!

Check out my Ayn Rand Signature....because that is exactly how it is for us now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..