Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2021, 08:42   #2071
God Member

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255560]Cashy it looks to me like you think that my thoughts are 'rubbish'.
They are not the same as yours..that is true...and they have not changed right from the start, but they are MY thoughts...
I do not expect anyone else to own them, to agree with them, but I do like to think that I can express them as being MY thoughts.

And if you think you are not being controlled then so be it.

It is not a case of being correct it is a case of questioning the logic....and there doesn't appear to be any where this is concerned.
(the figures do not add up, we are being told that people have died from Covid...when what they mean is that they have had a positive test within the last 28 days...it is NOT the same thing.
We have been lied to all along...people going into hospital with one thing the being counted in the figures..because they caught the virus in hospital...but we are led to believe that is why they went in....there have been so many untruths told...misled by bogus figures, out of date figures, guesses as to the number of infections...it DOES make you question)

As for people being afraid...of course they are afraid and that is what the government wants..that is what the propaganda has been about from the very outset.

just why are people like us finding it increasingly difficult to get our points of view made public if the government has nothing to fear from this point of view. on top of this what does the governments aim in the end. 100 per cent vaccinated and zero covid. do think thats their big aim but its not going to happen. those waiting for treatment for other life threatening ailments that are still available only get mentioned by a few lines and sentances by X amount waiting for operations against the pages and hours spent on the virus and things concerning it. do not know, but i,ve love to have a little wager that if this virus raised its head 50 years ago the population would have had a far different take on it with so less fear involved. just imagine again if HIV and AIDS was spreading through the world as it was in the 80,s. certain sections of the community would have real problems in todays world. murders and stoneings in some lands would be everyday happenings.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2021, 08:44   #2072
Beacon of light

Taddy, it seemed like in post 2064 you had taken the huff about my reply (but maybe I am wrong)....All I had done was respond....nothing nasty, just a comment.
So...should we BOTH stop posting comments?
I am already posting less and less....
Then the forum shrinks, curls up and dies.

No that is not the answer.
Comments are just that....comments.
Mine are mine...yours are yours.
Sometimes we align.....sometimes we don’t.
That does not matter one jot....that we have posted a comment is what matters.
Nothing more.
dotti34 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 08:59   #2073
Beacon of light

MH....we are not listened to because we question the agenda that underlies all of this situation.
We do not swallow all the media generated pap.
The media are in it up to their necks....the government generate fear and the media magnify it with their spin.
The real victims of the virus are not the ones who died...many of them were at the end of what had been productive lives(I am sorry if this offends the sensibilities of those who do not agree).
The real victims are those who have life limiting conditions, and have been unable to access health care, investigations, treatments....and those whose lives are permanently blighted by the loss of their education.
Those who now live in fear of a smile, or a touch...just in case(in their double jabbed State) they unluckily get the virus.
How sad a place life has become when we cannot hug family members at a funeral....but the Euro football and Wimbledon can go ahead unhindered....and people like Dom Cummings, Neil Ferguson, Matt Hancock et al can do just as THEY please.

So that is it....yes...they do want us all to have a vaccine that is not a vaccine....that does not protect.
They want to stop all sorts of discrimination.....people of colour are not to be discriminated against, LBGTQ.....are to be protected yet those who exercise a choice about having an drug that is still in the third stage of trials.....well the government are actively encouraging this form of discrimination.
Is it because Big Pharma know some dirt on politicians and governments...because it sure as hell feel like it.
Welcome to LabRat Uk....the place where drug companies can test their products without fear of litigation....and all for FREE.
Oh yes and the unvaccinated are the Control group.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-07-2021 at 09:02.
Old 31-07-2021, 10:35   #2074
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

do not include me in people that are afraid margaret, i have nothing to be afraid of at all.and as for being controlled you carry on if yeh think that, i certainly do not. thats what i reckon is rubbish those two things which i think you seemed to imply, if that is wrong then i do not mean it nasty, its my opinion and just the way i talk.
taddy likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 10:38   #2075

Governments have always used fear as a manipulator. The Cold War was an excuse to have many more nuclear weapons than we needed. If we didnt have them and couldnt respond in a massive way to a Russian attack we were told we would be wiped out.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 12:08   #2076
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
do not include me in people that are afraid margaret, i have nothing to be afraid of at all.and as for being controlled you carry on if yeh think that, i certainly do not. thats what i reckon is rubbish those two things which i think you seemed to imply, if that is wrong then i do not mean it nasty, its my opinion and just the way i talk.
Cashy, if you had not been afraid of getting the virus, then you would not have been vaccinated.....and yes, we were all controlled.
We were in lockdown...is that not control.
It it isn’t then what is it?
Wearing a mask...that is control...you were doing what you were told to do...if someone tells you what to do and you do it, then they(whoever they are) are exerting control.
Now you may tell me that this was what you wanted to do to protect yourself....but you were not allowed to choose...it was mandatory.
So......yes...you were controlled.
The government also has used the service of behavioural psychologists.
These people are experts in the nudging you into a situation...one where yo are unaware of the control being exerted over you...they use covert tactics to ensure that you do the ‘right thing’.

As for the ‘rubbish’ comment...yes Cashy...I know that is your particular way of expressing a point...and I know it is not meant in a nasty way.
I consider that I am multi lingual.....and while I cannot outdo Ma with her thirteen languages...I can speak three...English, rubbish and gibberish...and I know I am fluent in the last two.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-07-2021, 12:17   #2077
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

that to me is nonsense i have flu jabs every year not cos im afraid cos to me its common sense, i once missed by accident and was in bed for nearly 2 weeks with a right dose,
Old 31-07-2021, 13:00   #2078
Beacon of light

Well, Cashy..of course it is common sense for you to get the flu jab....because yo do not want to get Flu....but that does not mean that in this current situation....you were NOT controlled, because...if you followed the rules laid down at the start of this crisis....you were having control exerted over your everyday life.

You can call it nonsense...or rubbish, but we were as a NATION, told what we could do....and the police were given powers to make sure that you did.
Covid restrictions were passed into LAW
The government told you what you could and could not do.
Old 31-07-2021, 13:24   #2079
Beacon of light

Not only that Cashy...you are in favour of more government control over our lives.

You have indicated that you approve of the removal of personal choice when it comes to having the jabs.

This is a very slippery slope and one that will benefit only two of the snakes of society...lawyers and Pharma.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:01   #2080
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

im in favour of the fools getting vaccinated what have no reasonable excuse for not being so,you may excuse those selfish sods but i do not.personal choice for an idiot NEVER.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:38   #2081
Beacon of light

So personal choice is not for everyone then Cashy....is that what you are saying..because if that IS what you are saying, then you are saying that vaccination should be mandatory. You are not in favour of equality of rights it seems.
This is unethical.

You had your choice to be vaccinated, yet you deny that choice to those who are not ready to have a jab that is still in third stage of trials...it is only licensed because emergency legislation was passed to allow this.

Why should you be concerned about those who are NOT vaccinated? .....you are so you should feel safe from those you consider to be idiots for exercising personal choice.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-07-2021 at 18:43.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:43   #2082
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So personal choice is not for everyone then Cashy....is that what you are saying..because if that IS what you are saying, then you are saying that vaccination should be mandatory.
This is unethical.

You had your choice to be vaccinated, yet you deny that choice to those who are not ready to have a jab that is still in third stage of trials...it is only licensed because emergency legislation was passed to allow this.

Why should you be concerned about those who are NOT vaccinated? .....you are so you should feel safe from those you consider to be idiots for exercising personal choice.
because quite simply they can contract it and give it to others, that bothers me.
taddy likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 19:27   #2083
Beacon of light

So...NOT a vaccine then.
And you can just as easily pass it on to those ‘idiots’ who do choose to have the jab...but then I guess you reckon that is equality....sort of fair.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:35   #2084

Cashie, you imply that someone who has not had the vaccine is an idiot. Well, let me first of all say, irrespective of the fact that at my age I do not have as many brain cells left as I used to have – but then none of us do, and I might not be the brightest kid on the block compared to some, I do not consider myself to be an idiot.

I will also point out that I am certainly not against vaccinations, as long as the vaccine that is being jabbed into me has been well and truly tested. I have the flu jab every year, and I had the whooping cough vaccine when my great-granddaughter was born. Needles don’t bother me, I have regular blood tests, and at one time I was a blood donor.

Having got all that out of the way I have to say that the AstraZeneca vaccine especially is a great source of worry to me and I hesitate to roll up my sleeve for it, do not want to do so. Maybe it is a drawback that I am a person who thinks about things carefully, that I consider every aspect, maybe my problem is I think too much.

I know from what you have written in the past, Cashie, that you feel safe now that you are vaccinated and you have implied that you are not concerned about other people. I am. I am concerned for the important people in my life. I am concerned about any long-term effects in years to come, not so much for me – I will probably have been turned into ashes and thrown to the wind by then, but I am concerned for all the young people. No-one knows (not even the smartest amongst us) of any possible long-term effects.

By the very way that messages from those in charge are so mixed and change by the week, if not by the day, gives me no confidence whatsoever. Eventually I will probably have the jab – but this will be because I want to be free to go where I like and if by having it means I can (although I think it is a form of blackmail to threaten that we have to have a vaccination passport, should it come to that) then so be it. It doesn't mean that I would have done this willingly.

One last message to you, Cashie. Don’t become complacent because you have been jabbed – you could still get the virus, although I hope you don’t (I know, you won’t get it as bad, or so they say – really!) and you can still definitely be contagious. To coin one of your sayings – simple as.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:25   #2085

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255567]Taddy, it seemed like in post 2064 you had taken the huff about my reply (but maybe I am wrong)....All I had done was respond....nothing nasty, just a comment.
So...should we BOTH stop posting comments?
I am already posting less and less....
Then the forum shrinks, curls up and dies.

No that is not the answer.
Comments are just that....comments.
Mine are mine...yours are yours.
Sometimes we align.....sometimes we don’t.
That does not matter one jot....that we have posted a comment is what matters.

Margaret, yes you are wrong to believe that I would take the huff over a few lines on a computer screen. it would take something really serious like a shortage of Hobgoblin in order for me to take the huff as you put it.
Stay Safe, Stay happy, Your's the ale loving Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..