Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2021, 08:30   #2086
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Cashie, you imply that someone who has not had the vaccine is an idiot. Well, let me first of all say, irrespective of the fact that at my age I do not have as many brain cells left as I used to have – but then none of us do, and I might not be the brightest kid on the block compared to some, I do not consider myself to be an idiot.

I will also point out that I am certainly not against vaccinations, as long as the vaccine that is being jabbed into me has been well and truly tested. I have the flu jab every year, and I had the whooping cough vaccine when my great-granddaughter was born. Needles don’t bother me, I have regular blood tests, and at one time I was a blood donor.

Having got all that out of the way I have to say that the AstraZeneca vaccine especially is a great source of worry to me and I hesitate to roll up my sleeve for it, do not want to do so. Maybe it is a drawback that I am a person who thinks about things carefully, that I consider every aspect, maybe my problem is I think too much.

I know from what you have written in the past, Cashie, that you feel safe now that you are vaccinated and you have implied that you are not concerned about other people. I am. I am concerned for the important people in my life. I am concerned about any long-term effects in years to come, not so much for me – I will probably have been turned into ashes and thrown to the wind by then, but I am concerned for all the young people. No-one knows (not even the smartest amongst us) of any possible long-term effects.

By the very way that messages from those in charge are so mixed and change by the week, if not by the day, gives me no confidence whatsoever. Eventually I will probably have the jab – but this will be because I want to be free to go where I like and if by having it means I can (although I think it is a form of blackmail to threaten that we have to have a vaccination passport, should it come to that) then so be it. It doesn't mean that I would have done this willingly.

One last message to you, Cashie. Don’t become complacent because you have been jabbed – you could still get the virus, although I hope you don’t (I know, you won’t get it as bad, or so they say – really!) and you can still definitely be contagious. To coin one of your sayings – simple as.
sorry dottie you have only to look back a couple of posts to see you are wrong.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:00   #2087
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, it seemed like in post 2064 you had taken the huff about my reply (but maybe I am wrong)....All I had done was respond....nothing nasty, just a comment.
So...should we BOTH stop posting comments?
I am already posting less and less....
Then the forum shrinks, curls up and dies.

No that is not the answer.
Comments are just that....comments.
Mine are mine...yours are yours.
Sometimes we align.....sometimes we don’t.
That does not matter one jot....that we have posted a comment is what matters.

Margaret, yes you are wrong to believe that I would take the huff over a few lines on a computer screen. it would take something really serious like a shortage of Hobgoblin in order for me to take the huff as you put it.
Stay Safe, Stay happy, Your's the ale loving Luddite.
Yes...of course...I just knew you had your priorities right......and that you would not bleed over what is posted on here...unless it is a negative slur against the amber liquid.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:02   #2088

[QUOTE=cashman;1255572]do not include me in people that are afraid margaret, i have nothing to be afraid of at all.and as for being controlled you carry on if yeh think that, i certainly do not. thats what i reckon is rubbish those two things which i think you seemed to imply, if that is wrong then i do not mean it nasty, its my opinion and just the way i talk

You and me both Cashy, Millions of people have died worldwide, millions are still dying and yet still the anti vax brigade march on with their conspiracy theories
I have had both jabs as has Mrs Taddy, we can only hope that they are effective.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:06   #2089
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that to me is nonsense i have flu jabs every year not cos im afraid cos to me its common sense, i once missed by accident and was in bed for nearly 2 weeks with a right dose,
yes, but you didn,t go round telling all and sundry that you caught the flu that c ould have killed you. with this virus i cannot remember any person coming on the box that have not caught the thing. it seems like a badge of courage saying that they caught it and have recovered. there are very few i actually know who have reported that they have had the virus. funny how all but one have been people who you knew would catch it as if anything ever is going around you knew they would not want to miss out. my ex wife and son are like that. at home we knew the phone would be going telling me their news.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:15   #2090
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;

You and me both Cashy, Millions of people have died worldwide, millions are still dying and yet still the anti vax brigade march on with their conspiracy theories
I have had both jabs as has Mrs Taddy, we can only hope that they are effective.[/QUOTE]

do not think there is an organised so called anti vax brigade. its a number of individuals that do not want to be jabbed for different reasons. i was wary right from the outset by the speed it came out in the first place plus the governments near insistance that we have to comply with their wishes. once they get away with this there will be something else on its way that they require us to do. we all know boris and his mates but remember how bad it would have been if labour and a blair type was in power for any freedoms.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:18   #2091

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255551]So you are prepared to give up the freedoms that you forefathers died to give us?

You are prepared to take enforced orders from government(who do not have your best interests at heart..what ever you may believe)?
Isn't that how the Nazi regime did its' dirty work?
Isn't that why the Nuremberg code was instituted...

Well over the top, where the hell did you dig up from, at the times you are talking about we did not even have the N.H.S, it did not come into being until after the war and as for even comparing this government with the Nazi party you are well out of line but then again I have no doubt that you will play your get out of jail card again by saying that is not what you really meant.
After saying on another post that it takes more than a few lines on a computer screen to give me "the huff", this one rally has.
Your's in disgust, Taddy.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:59   #2092

Quote:
Taddy, it seemed like in post 2064 you had taken the huff about my reply (but maybe I am wrong)....All I had done was respond....nothing nasty, just a comment.
So...should we BOTH stop posting comments?
I am already posting less and less....
Then the forum shrinks, curls up and dies.

No that is not the answer.
Comments are just that....comments.
Mine are mine...yours are yours.
Sometimes we align.....sometimes we don’t.
That does not matter one jot....that we have posted a comment is what matters.
Nothing more.
Most people seem to have opinions and comments about the vaccine. Such opinions are yours and I respect your right to have them and post them.

If you dont like a post , ignore it. It is very unlikely the writer will change their thoughts because you disagree. We do seem though to go round in circles. People have/ havent had the jab for their reasons. If the Government brings in legislation to enforce the jab, dont vote for them next time round.
Idont know anybody on here personally, but looking at the quality of the posts, I doubt anybody is an Idiot.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:07   #2093
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Well over the top, where the hell did you dig up from,

as for even comparing this government with the Nazi party

Tads mate, calm down, Ma didn't equate the Govt with the Nazi Party, she merely referenced the reason the Nürnberg Code came into being back in 1947 after seeing what Josef Mengele & his cohorts did in the name of "Science & Medical research".

His "research subjects & patients" were unwilling individuals forced into undergoing some of the most extreme & barbaric experimentation, some with the intention of bettering the treatment for the German military under particular conditions but a lot was just to suit his own twisted & sadistic musings. (there's enough reports & videos out there for those who may be inquisitive enough to look)

The thrust of Ma's argument was to highlight the reason the Code & it's practices are still as relevant today as when they were first drafted back in 1947.

https://media.tghn.org/medialibrary/...mberg_Code.pdf
Old 01-08-2021, 10:24   #2094
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
Most people seem to have opinions and comments about the vaccine. Such opinions are yours and I respect your right to have them and post them.

If you dont like a post , ignore it. It is very unlikely the writer will change their thoughts because you disagree. We do seem though to go round in circles. People have/ havent had the jab for their reasons. If the Government brings in legislation to enforce the jab, dont vote for them next time round.
Idont know anybody on here personally, but looking at the quality of the posts, I doubt anybody is an Idiot.
agree. this subject is the same as many others where people post opinions where i doubt those with the opposite take on them will not change their minds.actually its good to find a subject on here were people actually disagree. other items like brexit, immegration and local councils we all seemed to sing from the same hymn book and became a bit repetative.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:26   #2095
God Member

Quote:
but some can spell better than others and others like me are too lazy to use spellchecker.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:34   #2096

Life is too short to correct people's spellings
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:34   #2097
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1255603]
Quote:
So you are prepared to give up the freedoms that you forefathers died to give us?

You are prepared to take enforced orders from government(who do not have your best interests at heart..what ever you may believe)?
Isn't that how the Nazi regime did its' dirty work?
Isn't that why the Nuremberg code was instituted...

Well over the top, where the hell did you dig up from, at the times you are talking about we did not even have the N.H.S, it did not come into being until after the war and as for even comparing this government with the Nazi party you are well out of line but then again I have no doubt that you will play your get out of jail card again by saying that is not what you really meant.
After saying on another post that it takes more than a few lines on a computer screen to give me "the huff", this one rally has.
Your's in disgust, Taddy.

so you have taken the huff....I hope you washed it down with something pleasant

And you think I play the 'get out of Jail' card do you Taddy...well don't sugar the pill will you.
If you look back at what happened during world war Two...then maybe, just maybe you will get my drift...but I really do doubt it.

I post moderately and I give my rationale for posting what I post.

You read into my posts what you want to read into them...I am not going to explain myself to you because it is obvious that that does not work at all.
My self esteem does not hang on the hook that is anyone's opinion of me.

Dave in Germany got it right..but then that will make little difference to how you seem to think my posts are.

You do not have to like my opinions, you do not have to agree with my opinions...you do not even have to read them...and you need to be disgusted at something more important than my opinions and posts...and there is a lot out there to be truly disgusted about..go and look.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:42   #2098
Beacon of light

Quote:

Yes Mark, you are right.
Every point you make is valid.
I consider my posts to be moderate and I try where possible to underscore my opinions with the rationale that allowed me to reach those opinions.
I would not call someone stupid/idiot 9or any of the other names that have been bandied about) for disagreeing with me...especially so if they can put a reason for believing what they believe.

My opinions of this situation have not changed from day one, and I do not want to change anyone else's view of things unless they can read something in the nature of links I have posted which makes them decide themselves to change their mind.

And there would be no forum if there were not people who had differing opinions
Old 01-08-2021, 10:57   #2099
God Member

Quote:

And there would be no forum if there were not people who had differing opinions
at least everyone who does post on here on any subject put their own views forward and not after collecting the most likes as they do in other places. well we can at the moment anyway but the future for us that do not follow the party line i,m sure will eventually be over.
Old 01-08-2021, 18:09   #2100

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255611][QUOTE=taddy;1255603]
Dave in Germany got it right..but then that will make little difference to how you seem to think my posts are.

Maybe you believe that Dave in Germany got it right because he agreed with your opinion that our present government is akin to what you implied about the Nazi party in the 1930s.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..