Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2021, 12:08   #2176
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...d-city-5564310

Be offended by this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2021, 12:26   #2177
God Member

It gets worse. The NHS, otherwise known as tax payers, is even giving £billions to private health businesses for, it seems, virtually nothing.

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-nhs-c...re-never-used/

This was what caught my eye…

Estimates vary as to the cost of these contracts, but costs are believed to be in the region of £2 billion to £5 billion. For this money, the NHS paid for 100% of the capacity of private providers and received an additional 8,000 beds, 680 operating theatres, 10,000 nurses and over 700 doctors.

Permission was given to private providers to gain further revenue by treating private patients if the capacity purchased by the NHS was not used. These contracts acted to give private hospitals a guaranteed revenue stream for periods during the pandemic.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:54   #2178
Beacon of light

Bl**dy Scandalous
Old 04-12-2021, 17:54   #2179
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no not telling you that at all.its no good bothering about that the sentencing these days is RUBBISH,
Old 05-12-2021, 12:02   #2180
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1260559]

I know that those who have changed gender need to be respected, but not at the cost of the vast majority who are offended by the removal of the title ‘mother’.

but are they or is it another case of others being offended on someone elses behalf. the fact is i personally have not known a single person or know of one in my long life who has changed sex. i have known a few who dress in the clothes of the opposite sex but none of em think that they actually are anything else but whats on their birth certificates. something they enjoy doing that has no harm to others. unlike some of our woke brigade they do not expect others, especially young kids, to copy them.
Less and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:16   #2181
Beacon of light

I cannot answer that question MH, because it seems that those with gender issues have very tender egos.
So it maybe that they want to be recognised as something different….or it maybe, as you said, someone else getting offended on their behalf.
Recently there was a homosexual GP in Liverpool who was banned from working for a month because of his offensive comment about cis people ( yes, I had to look it up too) these are people like you and me who identify with the gender they were born with
He went on to say that he was cis-phobic…..so what is he doing being a GP….most of those he will be caring for will be patients he says he is phobic of.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:18   #2182
Beacon of light

And here is the story. Read it and weep for what we are becoming.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bic-bigot.html

He justified his comments by saying he was ‘just Joking’….Jim Royce would have had an answer to that.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-12-2021 at 12:21.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:19   #2183
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
Recently there was a homosexual GP in Liverpool who was banned from working for a month because of his offensive comment about cis people ( yes, I had to look it up too) these are people like you and me who identify with the gender they were born with

well its so 2021 that the vast majority of the population with this cis nonsence need to be discribed in a certain way. Would need a full page for descriptions some have on me.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:38   #2184
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1260673][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

well its so 2021 that the vast majority of the population with this cis nonsence need to be discribed in a certain way. Would need a full page for descriptions some have on me.[/QUOTE]

Here's a dictionary:-
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/

When you've a moment just go through it and put a tick against the words that describe you!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 13:41   #2185
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
But for goodness sake if you are going to be offended, be offended by something that matters….like the two evil people who abused and tortured a six year old.
Be offended by the 31 men who groomed and sexually abused young white girls in Hessle.

that may offend us but certainly the hessle think will not. they,ll be too busy pushing it under the carpet.
Old 10-12-2021, 19:12   #2186
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Good news! just in time for Crimbo another variant has been found in the land of the "Grenouilles", yes folks our lovely neighbours have found this amongst their population. So, it's pretty damn sure it has rolled up on the English beaches along with the illegal imports we've been merrily picking up & bringing in over the last couple of weeks!

Joyeux Noel des Crapauds!
Old 11-12-2021, 09:54   #2187

The Deputy Prime Minister of Australia is presently in Washington where he has to isolate for ten days because he has caught COVID. Thinks he got this while in London. He made a big show early on of being double-jabbed which might have given him a false sense of security to travel overseas. So travellers be very wary.....

Admittedly he says he doesn’t feel too bad, but he still has to isolated.

Last edited by dotti34; 11-12-2021 at 09:57.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:57   #2188

Meanwhile the saga and shambles continue in South Australia (where I live). The Premier not that long ago when declaring the State’s borders open to other States said that there would be no more lockdowns, no more border closures. He said that even though we were sure to get cases of the virus once people came over those borders we were prepared and ready for this. Brave words.

Yesterday there was a case of Omicron detected here. Now today he said that anyone who had been where the infected person visited will have to quarantine for 14 days, whether jabbed or not jabbed. Apparently this makes no difference. Within about an hour he said that might change. Borders will stay open, borders might close. My daughter, her husband, and one of my grandsons, live in Melbourne – all hoping to fly over for Christmas. Will they be able to, they will not know until the last minute. All are double-jabbed, won’t make any difference.

We were promised that when the jabbing had reached 80% all would be well, freedom would reign and all that b/s. People are cancelling events because of the absolute confusion. Chaos and confusion. No-one knows what the heck is going on. Least of all by the looks of it do those in charge. I know it’s not your neck of the woods but thought it might be of interest.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:27   #2189
Beacon of light

Here, the new variant has been detected in some 1275 people…..there have been NO hospitalisation and NO deaths in this number(in fact according to WHO there have been zero deaths from this variant worldwide).
Reports from a number of places where this variant is dominant are that the illness it causes is very mild….so although it might be more transmissible, it is less potent.
According to reports 70% of people currently in hospital are double jabbed….the remainder are unjabbed.

This current plan B…or plan C….or whatever plan it is, is a huge over reaction. It is just so that we are bamboozled into believing that the government is doing something…that it may not be the right thing is of little consequence to the government.

I feel that this scarifying tactic is to put money into the coffers of big Pharma…..and to exert yet more control on the population.
Divide and rule.
If you get the omicron variant….they you will be making your own antibodies (these are unlikely to give you nasty side effects…or cause you harm ten years down the line.
That cannot be said of any of the current jabs because they just do NOT know what long term side effects may emerge).

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-12-2021 at 12:29.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:57   #2190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the fact there has been no hospitalizations to me means planB is daft.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..