Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2021, 09:40   #2281
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

seen it G.B. NEWS is the only news we watch.its the only one that gives you the good and bad. but some still never watch it, they aint helping at all imho.
Old 22-12-2021, 11:16   #2282
Beacon of light

Cashy, I do not watch any news these days…..None….I am sick of hearing the same old blah, blah, blah.
I also am fed up of the programs like Jeremy Vine….where they give us the news rewarmed with a side dish of their opinions.
I do not need to hear what these left wing, woke panellists have to say on the issues of the day.
In fact I am thinking of applying for a refund on my TV licence….and damages when I hurl something heavy at the screen.
This will happen when i inadvertently see Chris Whitty on the screen(as I am walking through to the kitchen).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 11:33   #2283
Beacon of light

Justin Welby has been spouting the script provided by the governments ‘nudge department’ saying that the unvaccinated are immoral.

I personally know two people who are triple jabbed who have gone down with Covid….not the mild version either…One of them feels she picked this up on a visit to a medical appointment in hospital.
Both of these people have been in bed with this…both have underlying health issues.
So their jabs have not helped them….well unless you consider that a success is keeping them out of hospital.
We are doing the shopping for one of these people because she lives alone.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-12-2021 at 11:34. Reason: Apple thinks it knows what I want to say…wrong!
Old 22-12-2021, 11:52   #2284
Beacon of light

And Tony Blair has waded in….calling the unvaccinated ‘idiots’.
I would rather be an idiot than a war criminal…get back under your stone you odious little man
Old 22-12-2021, 12:02   #2285
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And Tony Blair has waded in….calling the unvaccinated ‘idiots’.
I would rather be an idiot than a war criminal…get back under your stone you odious little man
I am still pro-vaccine, I don't consider myself a sheep and a person that foregoes the jab isn't an idiot the only idiots are those that want to take away our freedom of choice and make it mandatory, that causes divisions.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 12:08   #2286
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to me a person that does not have a jab is an idiot, unless medically they cannot. thats the way i look at it.plus if they only watch the media news channels.
Old 22-12-2021, 13:16   #2287
Beacon of light

Cashy, you are entitled to that opinion, but there are people who do not want to have a jab
whose long term effects are unclear.
Also it is not a vaccine…it does not prevent you from getting it and if it does not prevent you from getting it, then it cannot stop you from passing it on.
Calling people derogatory names does not help the situation either…in fact it may harden the attitudes to the vaccine.

There is also the fact that the companies that produce these jabs have indemnity from legal action by anyone who is damaged by the jab….that rings alarm bells for me.
The fact that any counter arguments by eminent virologists, professional medical people have been suppressed and removed from our access also concerns me.

We are always going to be one jab away from freedom…the freedoms that have been removed were those fought for by men in our families at the start of the last century.

The people who decide against the jab have not taken this decision lightly….and although you might consider them to be idiots…they are exercising their personal choice.
No risk to you….because you are jabbed…or that is the premise…if that is not true then why have the jab?
Old 22-12-2021, 13:22   #2288
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I am still pro-vaccine, I don't consider myself a sheep and a person that foregoes the jab isn't an idiot the only idiots are those that want to take away our freedom of choice and make it mandatory, that causes divisions.
I do not consider you a sheep either.
I consider that if you have made that choice, then you have done that with due respect to your own circumstances.
It is all you can do.

But when you consider that you take this jab, it is with informed consent.
If information is incomplete(as it is with this, because the third stage of trials do not conclude until the middle of 2023) then you cannot say that you are fully informed.

But for some people the possible risks of long term unwanted events is less of a problem because….the long term need not be considered…because of the age of the recipient.
Not that I am saying this is you…but you have made your decisions on your own situation.
dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-12-2021, 13:27   #2289
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, you are entitled to that opinion, but there are people who do not want to have a jab
whose long term effects are unclear.
Also it is not a vaccine…it does not prevent you from getting it and if it does not prevent you from getting it, then it cannot stop you from passing it on.
Calling people derogatory names does not help the situation either…in fact it may harden the attitudes to the vaccine.

There is also the fact that the companies that produce these jabs have indemnity from legal action by anyone who is damaged by the jab….that rings alarm bells for me.
The fact that any counter arguments by eminent virologists, professional medical people have been suppressed and removed from our access also concerns me.

We are always going to be one jab away from freedom…the freedoms that have been removed were those fought for by men in our families at the start of the last century.

The people who decide against the jab have not taken this decision lightly….and although you might consider them to be idiots…they are exercising their personal choice.
No risk to you….because you are jabbed…or that is the premise…if that is not true then why have the jab?
well if it hardens opinions they are even dafter than i thought. they are entitled to choose like i am entitled to say what i think,
Less likes this.
Old 22-12-2021, 14:19   #2290
Beacon of light

Well, of course you are…but that is how it is….coaxing works better than kicking.
Being called daft for a considered view and a choice, (like your choice)is not a helpful way to exert influence.
Maybe you will say that you are not trying to exert influence.
We all do what is acceptable to us….and forcing something on someone is neither moral nor ethical.
And that is not me saying that you, personally are forcing someone to do something they are not comfortable with.
Old 22-12-2021, 15:55   #2291
Beacon of light

https://www.totalhealth.co.uk/blog/a...-vaccine-risks

This article is worth a read.
I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 22-12-2021, 16:15   #2292
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
https://www.totalhealth.co.uk/blog/a...-vaccine-risks

This article is worth a read.
I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.
I'm sure that if I was trying to sway anyone (which I'm not) I could find a link to an article that belittles the content of your link.

and no, it wasn't worth a read.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2021, 16:35   #2293
Beacon of light

From the person who first discovered this kind of process Dr Robert Malone…but you do not consider it worth a read!
A man who urges caution…why would he do that unless he had concerns
There will be some who will read it and find it worth a read…but alas not you.

And I am not trying to sway anyone…I am just providing information from a reputable source…a source that cites journals such as Pubmed and the BMJ.

Well, too bad, never mind
dotti34 likes this.
Old 23-12-2021, 01:00   #2294

Margaret, that really is very interesting, I read it all and it is definitely worth a read. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about, makes a change.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2021, 06:05   #2295

…and here for what it’s worth is my take on the present situation:

1. Have I been uneasy about the jabs from the beginning? Yes.
2. Do I trust the Information given out by those who have their finger in the money pot? No.
3. Do I believe the figures quoted about all things COVID that seem to be grabbed from out of the air, and on the run? No.
4. Do I worry about the long-term effect of the jabs? Yes. Not for me at my age but for the younger ones.
5. Do I think that those in authority know what to do? No, no, no.
6. Do I think that those in authority know what they are doing? No, no, no.
7. Have I had the double jab? Yes, though it took me a long time to agree to it.
8. Has this made me feel protected and protective? No and no.
9. So why did I have it? As I refer to it as the ‘now shut up and leave me alone jab’ there’s the answer, enough said! - plus I might want to go into places where you have had to succumb to the needle to get in. Purely a selfish reason, nothing to do with feeling safe.
10. Do I consider this a form of blackmail to have to be jabbed to get into places? Yes.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..