Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2021, 20:42   #2341

Re: Corona Virus

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I will drink to that.
As to Masks…they are useless Odders, but if you feel that you want to wear one…if it makes you feel more secure, then go for it..

What I should have said, upon going in a shop I put a mask on. it's still the law. In general when I do get out. I never wear one.

When they realise that this has happened throughout our time. The panic wasn't needed to the extent of shutting down the globe for 2 years....

I will drink to that
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2022, 08:46   #2342
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think they will find summat that does the job, it was all rush at the start of this cos they had no cure at all imho. all the moaners were saying they found it too quickly.
well i was one of your moaners who said they found it too quickly. even a BBC pet scientist in late september said that a vaccine would not be available till next easter. then by a miracle it was found quickly. far to conveniant for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:49   #2343
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, along comes the next 'un ....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1543223

Admittedly it is at the moment only in Israel & they have an extremely high level of jabbed citizenry, but you can bet it won't be long before it hits europe & the UK.

Yeah, Happy New Year folks!
Flurona. i give up. i,m sure aldi used to sell it as a cheap margarine.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:57   #2344
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
well i was one of your moaners who said they found it too quickly. even a BBC pet scientist in late september said that a vaccine would not be available till next easter. then by a miracle it was found quickly. far to conveniant for me.
the point was to me the fact it was made and safe to use.when yeh got nothing at all owt safe will do imho.
Old 01-01-2022, 12:43   #2345
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the point was to me the fact it was made and safe to use.when yeh got nothing at all owt safe will do imho.
No Cashy, it might be the first port in a storm, but calm seas never made good sailors.

We do not know it is safe….and pfizer have made sure that most of us that have been affected by this infection will be long dead by the time the data about this jab is available to see….it is not going to be released until 2096.
Why might that be then?
And the third stage trials do not complete until the middle of next year….then they will go on to the fourth stage….which is looking at the long term consequences of this treatment.
This jab was sanctioned under Emergency licence conditions….so that in itself should tell you something.
We may find out in the future…when you and I are worm food, that there are more consequences than we were told.
Yes, I know that this matters not one jot to you….but would you be advocating giving it to young children and teens?
Those who have their whole lives ahead of them…..?
I know that I wouldn’t.
And for those who tell me that vaccines defeated polio…smallpox and all the other things they vaccinate against….yes, those did eliminate those diseases….but that was because these diseases were prevented from being caught…and so transmission was prevented…if you don’t catch it…you can’t pass it on.

This jab does not fit the criteria of a vaccine,
Messenger RNA has never ever been used on humans before…..so the consequences for the future cannot be ascertained for many years.
When they are, there will be no redress because the Pharma companies have protection against litigation….forever.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:53   #2346
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

you think that fair enough i think differently. theres more think its safe than otherwise i think.
Old 01-01-2022, 13:49   #2347
Beacon of light

‘Think’ being the operative word Cashy….and this is because the government and those around the world with money in big Pharma want you to think.
I have held these views from the start….and nothing has happened that makes me think these views are false.
But of course, you are right to hold your own views…..and they are not going to be the same as mine…I can live with that.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-01-2022, 15:24   #2348

Just had a dream last night.

I was talking to somebody about the Corona situation, and he asked me if I have been vaccinated, I said yes, then he asked me why, I replied by telling him about the things that you can’t do when you aren’t vaccinated like:

- Swimming in the local indoor pool
- Going into a restaurant for a meal
- Going into a pub for a drink
- Etc. etc.
Bear in mind, that this is the case for Switzerland at the moment!

So I then told him that the government should have a new advertising slogan for getting vaccinated, which goes like this:

“Vaccinate or Hibernate” © Philip Kenyon Stein am Rhein Switzerland ��

Cheers & stay healthy in 2022
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 15:50   #2349
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhusweg View Post
Bear in mind, that this is the case for Switzerland at the moment!

I believe it's the same in Austria & Germany, with possibly more restrictions coming to Germany if things don't buck up in the near future.

ps Phil, I drove past your place a few years back doing the touristy thing.
Old 01-01-2022, 15:51   #2350
Beacon of light

No, that is not the answer…we have to allowed to get on with our lives….to live alongside something that will grow weaker as it mutates and that we will have effective antibodies to.

Hibernating does not make it go away….and you are just as likely to contract this infection from someone who is jabbed.
The jabbed are just as likely to pass it on as the unjabbed.
Those who are unjabbed pose no more danger than those who rolled their sleeves up.
How many of these are you prepared to accept?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:06   #2351
God Member

Quote:
No, that is not the answer…we have to allowed to get on with our lives….to live alongside something that will grow weaker as it mutates and that we will have effective antibodies to.

Hibernating does not make it go away….and you are just as likely to contract this infection from someone who is jabbed.
The jabbed are just as likely to pass it on as the unjabbed.
Those who are unjabbed pose no more danger than those who rolled their sleeves up.
How many of these are you prepared to accept?
tell that to the organisers of a lunch club in denholme we regularly used to attend on a tuesday but stopped going as we were told to sit at the back on a table of our own. wanted to go back with a yellow star on my lapel but her in the kitchen would not let me.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:25   #2352
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
tell that to the organisers of a lunch club in denholme we regularly used to attend on a tuesday but stopped going as we were told to sit at the back on a table of our own. wanted to go back with a yellow star on my lapel but her in the kitchen would not let me.
That just proves what idiots there are in the world!

Anyhow, would you really want to keep the company of such narrow minded people?

Reminds me of heads up their arses syndrome.
monkey hanger likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:51   #2353
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That just proves what idiots there are in the world!

Anyhow, would you really want to keep the company of such narrow minded people?

Reminds me of heads up their arses syndrome.
or just a case of the media brainwashing campaign really working as the same ones moan about lack of medical treatment for stuff they have actually got.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:54   #2354
Beacon of light

It is the media(worldwide) that is the virus….and you cannot take a paracetamol to make it go away.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:58   #2355
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It is the media(worldwide) that is the virus….and you cannot take a paracetamol to make it go away.
As one wise person said in another thread and I think it applies here.

Quote:
Turn it off Son….that is the simple answer.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..