Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2022, 11:06   #2356
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Less, for myself I watch very few of the news bulletins….I read the mainstream papers online, but I also read other sources too.
So it is the media who are brainwashing the population….mainly BECAUSE they do not turn it off.
As soon as any new or current affairs program appears himself switches channels.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2022, 15:07   #2357
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wanted to go back with a yellow star on my lapel but her in the kitchen would not let me.

Might not need to MH if this idea becomes widely adopted.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...ccine-passport
Old 02-01-2022, 16:18   #2358
Beacon of light

Oh….well…..I can see this taking off.
Old 02-01-2022, 18:03   #2359
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Well I'm all for modern tech & I have nothing against the jab, this though is going too far.
Having a chip inserted into your arm for the convenience of hairy arsed bouncers that want to check you in somewhere, no thanks.
I see no reason for part or even all of my medical records to be readily available to anyone but doctors and their staff. I could see the chip being useful if say I had an accident, was unable to speak and it gave the docs my name and nhs number so that they could look up my medical record as needed, not in the forearm though somewhere less convenient, no ding, not there, I was thinking more about being buried nicely in the armpit out of the way.
we don't need a covid passport just common sense all round.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 18:53   #2360
Beacon of light

Less…I am getting worried about you.
How do you know that the bouncers have hairy bottoms?

No, no…please don’t tell me…I cannot do with that picture in my head
Old 02-01-2022, 18:55   #2361
Beacon of light

I don’t need to tell you where I think they should shove these micro chips…….but the bouncers would need a private room and a stainless steel cod piece to check it out.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:52   #2362
God Member

so we can discount the big toe chip now,
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:55   #2363
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

think the book 2084 could be a good read.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:22   #2364
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less…I am getting worried about you.
How do you know that the bouncers have hairy bottoms?

No, no…please don’t tell me…I cannot do with that picture in my head
Margaret, it's a common fact, all neanderthal's have hairy arses and somehow the only job left for this breed seems to be bouncer.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:47   #2365
Beacon of light

Thank goodness for that Less…..I am glad you did not find out through personal observation.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:31   #2366

More shambles here…children between 5 and 11 are eligible for the jab from today, so thousands have booked in. Big push and much publicity extolling the importance to have the children jabbed as soon as possible. Slight problem with that - there just aren’t enough jabs to go round (and in some cases not enough staff to administer them) and so children are being turned away, even those with bookings.

I honestly despair of those running this country……

…and I’m not going to go into the debacle about a certain tennis player, will keep my thoughts to myself. Even what should be reliable technology went haywire during the court case today, how pathetic is that…and didn’t we all know what the outcome would be. Has cost the Australian taxpayer a lot of money. Wonder what the next round will bring as it’s not actually over until the Minister for Immigration and Whatever has put in his two bobs worth.

Wonder if anything will be done about those refugees in that hotel now that their cases have been highlighted. Don’t hold your breath, they’re not famous sportspeople.
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 09:03   #2367
Beacon of light

Dorothy, it is a big farce and it comes down to someone in Government telling Tennis Australia that anyone who has had the infection in the last six months does not need to be double jabbed(they have made their own safe antibodies).
I do not for a moment believe that Tennis Australia would risk ridicule and a big legal bill without being told this by someone in authority.

Well, what do you know….whoever sanctioned this advice given to Tennis Australia, has gone to ground.
The latest news is that the tennis player has been re-arrested….however this still has to be confirmed…but it doesn’t show the country in good light.

Meanwhile back here, they are now saying that the way forward is to learn to live with the infection.

We were out and about today and met a couple of folk we know….both triple jabbed and both have been really poorly with the virus(not hospitalised, but in bed unable to get up….one of them for two weeks….the other for ten days) both of these people have said that had they known they could still get so sick after being jabbed they would not have bothered
Old 10-01-2022, 09:40   #2368

What has happened to ‘once everybody is vaccinated then we will beat the virus’. The majority have now followed this advice but it doesn’t appear to me that we are anywhere near to beating it. In fact over here it is worse now than it has ever been. This is a country that a little while ago could boast that we had it more-or-less under control, at least in some States.

Oops-a-daisy, sorry we were wrong and those two jabs aren’t enough to do the trick, have a booster then we will beat the virus. Sorry again, you should probably have a fourth jab THEN we will beat the virus. Just how often are we going to be asked to roll up our sleeves.

Meanwhile people are still catching it, people are still being hospitalised, people are still having to be treated in ICU, people are still dying – jabbed or un-jabbed. What sort of difference has all the jabbing made, except for giving some odd sense of false security.

Last edited by dotti34; 10-01-2022 at 09:43.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:08   #2369
Beacon of light

It does not matter whether you are jabbed or not…this jab is not a vaccine by definition.
It is a genetic treatment.
Vaccines prevent the infection….and if you are prevented from getting it then you cannot pass it on.
You can be jabbed, you can wear your mask, you can sanitise your hands and you can still get it.
As posted earlier….two people we know…younger than us….and both healthy folk…..though one has mild asthma, have both been confined to bed with this virus.
Old 10-01-2022, 16:35   #2370

We were out and about today and met a couple of folk we know….both triple jabbed and both have been really poorly with the virus(not hospitalised, but in bed unable to get up….one of them for two weeks….the other for ten days) both of these people have said that had they known they could still get so sick after being jabbed they would not have bothered

Marge, Mrs Taddies brother, 12 months younger than me, IE, an old chap, has also been triple jabbed but he has been tested by one of these flow tests things as positive and has to self isolate for whatever the powers that be decide, as he lives alone who? are what, can stop him doing whatever he wants to do, if he decides to go for a pint or go shopping, does he have to tell everyone he meets that he has tested positive?.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..