Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2020, 07:43   #1

The U.S.A.

Who would want to live in America? I seem to remember Trump saying something to the effect that ‘together we will make America great again’ – looking at what is happening at the present time makes me wonder if it ever will be? It appears that the President is currently in the closed-up White House. In hiding? Maybe it’s just as well because the more he says the worse he makes the situation.

The unspeakable cruelty that caused the murder of George Floyd is unforgivable. Not only unforgivable were the actions of the policeman who committed the crime but so was the lack of action from the police who stood there and watched. This police brutality certainly warrants protests and I can understand how the underlying tension that has been simmering for so long and has now boiled over has made people feel the need to protest. However, nothing warrants the vandalism, looting, arson, and property damage that is taking place. The people committing these acts are not genuine protesters – they are hooligans. They dishonour the name of George Floyd.

As I said – who would want to live in America?
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by dotti34; 01-06-2020 at 07:46.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2020, 07:54   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The U.S.A.

those who are damaging and looting are nothing but SCUM, the media are as bad they call those protesters, looting is robbery simple as. i have been to many places in america, but live there? Not a chance.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:19   #3
God Member

In answer to your question, Dotti, lots of other people appear to want to live in the USA.
We may wonder why, but maybe a lot of the world don’t already live in a country that offers them much hope?
Attached Images
File Type: png 3C237718-27AD-44C5-A88B-094E4A5C40F5.png (56.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 01-06-2020 at 08:21.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:17   #4
God Member

the USA has never had any interest for me in actually visiting the place and as for living there its zero. do not like their culture, so called humour or the few yanks i have met over here. no, micky mouse and his mates can do one for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:45   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Oh I don't know, there will always be little oases of peace, tranquillity & friendliness in any country you go to. I wouldn't write off living elsewhere just because of the behaviour in some "soulless" city, I never thought way back in 1984 that I'd still be here living & working in Germany.
Exile on Spencer St and taddy like this.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:40   #6
Beacon of light

What I would like to ask is.....Why do these people consider that arson, looting and civil unrest is a way to get things to change?
The people of colour(I hope that is what they now call themselves...I am never sure) are setting fire to and looting the properties of other people of colour...as a protest at the death of one of their own.

Yes I get that George Floyd was murdered...but how does a series of crimes constitute a testament to the man(surely his family must be horrified at the situation because it does nothing to take away the pain of their loss - nothing can and nothing ever will)...or a protest...they are damaging their own neighbourhoods.....damaging the fabric of the area that they actually live in.
How can one crime be justified by a series of crimes?

Yes Cashy...again the media are not just reporting they are stirring up a mass of unrest.

ALL lives matter. It is as simple as that
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-06-2020 at 10:42.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 13:30   #7

Firstly, I don’t condone the violence and looting that is going on in the US at the moment, but let me tell you a tale that I heard many, many years ago.
During the war there was a quiz put out to the American forces in Europe. The organisers wanted to know “What would you do as a punishment to Adolf Hitler if he was caught”?
You can imagine what sort of punishment that came up from various participants!
And the winner was:

Put him in a black skin and send him to America.
Cheers
landhusweg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 14:02   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

ALL lives matter. It is as simple as that
Yes, no other thought crossed my mind until,

some of our resident blacks saw the bandwagon coming to town and hitched a lift.
Protests in the U.K. about American justice? Well O.K. however on the news this morning there were two young black women one of them claimed that some people weren't being treated as well as the others i.e. blacks weren't given full care in hospital somehow I can't see that to be correct.
The second claimed that when in London her father was stopped several times because the police were looking for a murderer with a knife and he fitted the description, well if they are looking for a black man then first ones to check would be the black men, had they been looking for a blond blue eyed white man and kept stopping him THAT would have been prejudice.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 14:44   #9
Beacon of light

There will always be those who jump on whatever bandwagon will raise their profile.
Old 03-06-2020, 15:10   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Where was the protests for Lee Rigby? they make me sick these people.
nicola68, taddy, DonaldH and 1 others like this.
Old 03-06-2020, 15:46   #11
God Member

One (BAME) person’s take on this:
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...ar-to-britain/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 16:19   #12
Beacon of light

All of those people protesting outside the American embassy....no social distancing to be seen there was there....are these the same people who raged about Dominic Cummings.
Hypocrisy is alive and thriving here in the U.K.....but then I guess they think that if Dominic Cummings can go out and about, then so can they(after all nothing much happened to him...other than a baying mob calling for his head)

As Cashy says where were the protests about Lee Rigby...or about Police Constance Keith Palmer(and others).... but they were murdered by a terrorist...

So does this mean some murders are worth more than others....and that the tragic loss of life due to the activity of drug gangs is any less notable?
Any death is truly lamentable because it leaves those left behind distraught....broken
Old 03-06-2020, 19:24   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
some of our resident blacks saw the bandwagon coming to town and hitched a lift.

Not to forget the white wankeratti & associated lefterist useful idiots! One black fella (amongst many, whites too) killed in the states by an over zealous officer of the law, shocking yes, concern of the UK not so.

Now I may be a wee bit uninformed being over here in krautingland, but it seems from what I can glean, many black & bame youths are dying on the streets of UK at the hands of other well ..... lets be honest, other black & bame individuals, the cries of outrage, mass protests against the injustice & wrongness are ..... where exactly? This on the UKs' doorstep, not a peep, nothing!

So I ask the question of the statement, do they really matter? Black lives or any lives for that matter on the streets of UK, as judging from the response unless it's on the other side of the world it appears not!
Old 03-06-2020, 19:38   #14
Beacon of light

According to the popular press there were 24 murders last year....all young people....and all (it is alleged) related to drug dealing and gang culture throughout the country....any protests about these....many of whom were BAME....not a peep about these at all.
They are not worth more than a couple of column inches in the media.....a passing comment on TV.

We should not be pontificating about what is going on over the pond while we have such issues in our own backyard.

Anyway...much of the blacked out social media and the hand wringing from pop singers(and I use that term loosely) loony leftist actors....well, it is all virtue signalling.

Not about George Floyd or his family...but about their profile and news-worthiness.

If they were really concerned and wanted to show some solidarity they would silently, anonymously send some of the folding stuff that would be a valued and practical response.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-06-2020 at 19:40.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:35   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1240735]Not to forget the white wankeratti & associated lefterist useful idiots! One black fella (amongst many, whites too) killed in the states by an over zealous officer of the law, shocking yes, concern of the UK not so.

if anyone wants to recruit people for their racist groups of both sides then carry on with all this and the new kneeling action that has started up. imagine there will be loads of selfies out there of the usual suspects doing this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..