Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 12:50   #76
God Member

Re: The U.S.A.

Try this guy for size...

Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2020, 14:22   #77
Beacon of light

Well done that man...he speaks for me.

All that is going on is seeking to divide, they are not in this to heal wounds they are in it to create hatred and instil fear.
Mobs should NEVER be allowed to rule....to become above tha law.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 17:01   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well done that man...he speaks for me.

All that is going on is seeking to divide, they are not in this to heal wounds they are in it to create hatred and instil fear.
Mobs should NEVER be allowed to rule....to become above tha law.
I am at the moment drinking my 4th pint of Hobgoblin, maybe that is why I have spotted the English Grammer and spelling mistakes in the above post, I thought that you had learned better English at Woodnook, from the English teacher who's name escapes me.

Stay home, stay safe, Stay Drunk,(Cannot spell inebreated), you know what I mean.
Your's the Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 17:02   #79
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I am at the moment drinking my 4th pint of Hobgoblin, maybe that is why I have spotted the English Grammer and spelling mistakes in the above post, I thought that you had learned better English at Woodnook, from the English teacher who's name escapes me.

Stay home, stay safe, Stay Drunk,(Cannot spell inebreated), you know what I mean.
Your's the Luddite.
Grammar not grammer Taddy. (your not the only one drinking).

DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 19:05   #80
Beacon of light

Miss Croston was my English teacher Taddy.
Please will you point out those errors to me....that I may learn from my mistakes.
Not make them again....though these days no one seems to worry about spelling or grammar.....well, except thee and me.
taddy likes this.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:56   #81

Quote:
Please will you point out those errors to me....that I may learn from my mistakes.
Not make them again....though these days no one seems to worry about spelling or grammar.....well, except thee and me.
That explains everything Marge, Miss Croston I seem to remember was a very good looking lass who was not much older than her pupils and some of the lads me included, were more interested in watching the teacher than watching the blackboard.
I have checked over your post as asked and could find no errors, please go to the top of the class. (by God that Hobgoblin is strong stuff).
Regards and sorry, the "English Luddite".
Old 11-06-2020, 08:52   #82
God Member

Quote:
my versions of your miss croston all tried in vain with me in english language. could not get it at all. in a simple sentance or however you spell it like, john sat on a mat. you had to say what is the subject of the sentance. i could never work it out and it was only luck i got it right.
taddy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:56   #83
Beacon of light

Thank you Taddy....I am so pleased that you checked it over for me.
I guess you know that I left school with NO qualifications......so could be considered a bit of a dummy.
But I did go to night school to get a GCE....in would you believe....English!

Yes, Miss Croston was a lovely lass....and as you say...not much older than her pupils.
And she was ragged unmercifully by the boys (who made lewd comments) and fled crying to the staffroom.
The girls in the class clubbed together and bought her a pretty bag to try and make up for her upset.
I bet you did not know that!
Old 11-06-2020, 08:58   #84
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
my versions of your miss croston all tried in vain with me in english language. could not get it at all. in a simple sentance or however you spell it like, john sat on a mat. you had to say what is the subject of the sentance. i could never work it out and it was only luck i got it right.
Yes...that was called 'parts of speech...or parts of a sentence'.....and I quite liked this exercises....far better than PT exercises anyway.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:04   #85
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1240958]

Yes, you are right, there are those that will find wrongs where they do not exist.

if you look far enough at anyone they would have done something or said something that someone would find offensive, especially in todays world. the new mr nasty is now baden powell whose scouting movement has given pleasure to millions of all races for 100 years or more. now he,s a racist who supported hitler. wonder if they,d be happy with statues of idi amin, robert mugabe, mau mau leaders and any other black dictator who is happy murdering their opponents . can we have one for murdered zimbabwe and south african farmers who were murdered but provided many jobs for black people who now have not got them.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:10   #86
God Member

when the copper and the others get tried for floyds murder will the mobs all be out inforce if some think the jail terms handed our are not severe enough. not sure that the trial we be unique as similar cases must have come up before in the usa.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:10   #87
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
my versions of your miss croston all tried in vain with me in english language. .

English? You're from Hart-le-pool! You're practically foreign!
Old 11-06-2020, 09:17   #88
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I have not heard the joke but I would imagine that it had something to do with how she watched his (Helicopter) rise.
Your's, the Lancashire Luddite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i never heard it either.

Lets just say, the Argies had AAM & fast jets but couldn't blow down Andys' Chopper, whereas Ms Stark had none of these acoutrements of war, yet was quite able to ........

This, by the way is the sanitised version.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:09   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
English? You're from Hart-le-pool! You're practically foreign!
Hart-Le-Pool, I think that is where they once hung a monkey thinking it was a French spy.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:33   #90
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Lots of negative about British histories involvement in slavery but no mention of this lot:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-S...h%20Dominions.

It could make you think they didn't do anything.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..