Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2020, 09:50   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, well, the beeb is well known for it's choice of candidates, when are these high flying intellectuals going to wake up and realise that positive discrimination for one part of society is negative discrimination for all the rest.
Putting a second rate person of any race or gender into a job before picking the best person for the job is no use to anyone except the person being fast tracked.
wake up? get real less they dont care everyones wrong and those morons are right, its that simple.
Old 14-06-2020, 10:22   #137

Talking of our police force, our son left the army in 1992 when he applied to join the boys in blue, the police as in the military quite rightly have a rigid selection system and yet because it had been decided from above that the force had to recruit more Black and Ethnic minorities, some candidates with a points score that was below his were taken on whilst he was told he would be better off reapplying next year when the above selection system might have altered."shush", it was not to be talked about.
Your's,The Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 10:27   #138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
"shush", it was not to be talked about.
Your's,The Luddite.
Don't worry taddy no-one on AccyWeb or the rest of the www will breathe a word your secret is safe with us.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 10:37   #139
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
the police as in the military quite rightly have a rigid selection system and yet because it had been decided from above that the force had to recruit more Black and Ethnic minorities,

You're taking about 92 here Taddy, to the best of my knowledge the standards & restrictions had quietly been dropped from the late 80's onwards. The government of the day had decided boxes must be ticked to meet equality & diversity rules, the Army were not going to get an exception on this regardless of the particulars that being a soldier means.

Know nothing politicoes sticking their oar in ruined many once respected & disciplined professions.
Old 14-06-2020, 10:44   #140
God Member

Quote:
Talking of our police force, our son left the army in 1992 when he applied to join the boys in blue, the police as in the military quite rightly have a rigid selection system and yet because it had been decided from above that the force had to recruit more Black and Ethnic minorities, some candidates with a points score that was below his were taken on whilst he was told he would be better off reapplying next year when the above selection system might have altered."shush", it was not to be talked about.
Your's,The Luddite.
best man or woman for the job end of. its the same as those parliamentary constituancy has those all women only candidates to close the gap between the numbers of men and women. i for one aint bothered one jot on the sex but how good they are at the actual job they,ll do. no wonder people get wound up so much nowadays.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 08:28   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You're taking about 92 here Taddy, to the best of my knowledge the standards & restrictions had quietly been dropped from the late 80's onwards. The government of the day had decided boxes must be ticked to meet equality & diversity rules, the Army were not going to get an exception on this regardless of the particulars that being a soldier means.

Know nothing politicoes sticking their oar in ruined many once respected & disciplined professions.
Dave, He had no problem with the army it was the police force that were being told that they must recruit more Black and Ethnic minorities.
All turned out well in the end, the firm that he now works for send him on all expences paid trips abroad advertising and selling their procucts.(similar to your job I presume).
Regards,Taddy.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:21   #142
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
the firm that he now works for send him on all expences paid trips abroad

Close, but basically I just drive, we get contracts that require kit moving from A to B sometimes via xyz, we cross international borders in our daily routine quite often.

Still quite good though, as I get to see lots of new places I'd personally never have thought to go to.
taddy likes this.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:24   #143
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Still quite good though, as I get to see lots of new places I'd personally never have thought to go to.
Yep, you've even been seen around Accrington.
cashman, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 09:31   #144

Quote:
What! another scouser with a key to Accy, (shameful).
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 16-06-2020, 09:36   #145
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

That my dear fellow was through choice, I'd heard about the friendly denizens in their dark & nowadays not so smokey Boozers, a life experience not to be missed!!!

I even keep coming back for more being the glutton that I am!
Old 16-06-2020, 09:39   #146
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

Mate, I'm a Scouser, we don't need keys!(or an invite for that matter, we just happen ).
Old 16-06-2020, 12:25   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
aye he stands with us lot up stanley when hes oer. like any good scouser he loves football.
Old 17-06-2020, 07:25   #148
God Member

Quote:
its certainly surprising when you hear all those others with scouse accents around the wham on saturday afternoon.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 16:08   #149

been in the wilderness with a spell of gout and a keyboard fire at a time when all this nonsense sets the blood boiling…..

BLM is a FRAUD - it is about making the affluent more affluent and ignoring the poor....
Stormzy (whoever he is) gives £10 million to help black British lives... excuse me but do they really NEED it ?
What about THESE black lives ……

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world...-for-14/94386/

The £10 million might actually do some good helping victims of slavery today - all it will do here is help privileged black kids buy £150 a pair trainers. ...and don't get me started on those preaching swines of Hollywood... don't they realise that for every 'fan' they have there are a hundred people who detest them with a passion ? If they were so loved by the public why do they need to live in mansions behind massive fences and employ security staff ?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 16:42   #150
Beacon of light

The 10 million figure is over ten years...so if this man's career takes a dive then it is all academic really.
Like you, it irritates the crap out of me to see these pied pipers...calling the tune, and mindless fans(who can see better than they can think) dance to their tune without realising that these celebs are working at raising their own profile.They could not give a shiny what not about black lives. If they did think that Black lives matter, then they would work on eliminating black on black knife crime in the capital....Yet because this is not white people doing the 'shanking', it fails to meet the criteria of the BLM agenda.

Or is this just me being my usual cynical self?

I cannot see oppressed black people.

And getting all hot and bothered about a monkey on the Coco Pops box, while there are three white boys on the rice crispies box.....oh, come on.....aren't there bigger things going on in this crazy world to get offended about?

Some people want to be offended, want to be outraged and will find something totally innocuous that fits the bill.

Welcome back Jimmy....hope you are better now.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..