Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2020, 09:05   #196
Beacon of light

Re: The U.S.A.

I like Bernie Ecclestone's response to Lewis Hamilton(who, by the way, called him uneducated and ignorant).....Bernie said 'it's not my fault I'm white'
How long will it be before we white folks have to go around with heads down for fear of appearing proudly white!

And if you are offended by my comments...that is because you choose to be.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2020, 17:08   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I like Bernie Ecclestone's response to Lewis Hamilton(who, by the way, called him uneducated and ignorant).....Bernie said 'it's not my fault I'm white'
How long will it be before we white folks have to go around with heads down for fear of appearing proudly white!

And if you are offended by my comments...that is because you choose to be.
Oh, Yes, keep it up Marge, I will never bow my head or my knee because I was born white. It is a pity that our younger generation never had to go into a coal mine where you went down as a white man, (sorry person) and you came up as a black man. My Father had to have a bath in front of an open fire in a tin bath at home untill the mines were nationalised when pithead baths were introduced. After saying that, how many nowadays would even consider finishing work and then having to have a communial shower with dozens of their workmates.
Your's the Taddy the Luddite.

Oh, I am so glad to get that off my chest, time for a Hobgoblin or three.
monkey hanger likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 17:50   #198
Beacon of light

Taddy, they talk about white privilege...do you remeber feeling privileged? Because I don't.
Queueing up for free school meals because we were poor(and had it not been for those, I think we might have starved)...perhaps that is what they called privilege.
Sleeping 4 to a bed ...is that what they call privilege?

Going on the railway embankments looking for coal that had fallen off trains...meaybe that was privilege too.
I grew up in a very poor family so I recall none of this white privilege.
All that I have is because I wanted better ...but no-one gave it to me.
I worked for it.
I object to people being given a leg up in life because they are a certain colour or creed. being given an easier ride because they are considered deprived.
Poverty back then meant there was no coal to burn and nothing to eat.

It seems that these days there is honour in victimhood.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-06-2020 at 17:54.
Old 28-06-2020, 21:23   #199
Beacon of light

I see Andy Murray has also gone down on one knee before some tournament or other.
What I would like to see is a spotstman, or sportswoman standing up and proclaiming that the UK is not racist....and not going down on one knee in a submissive gesture, that is after all, meaningless....just another bit of virtue signalling.
John Pienaar, a news reporter....who is black says that his colour has NOT stopped him achieving and that he believes the UK to be tolerant of the beliefs of others.
More of those people please.....the ones who reject the victimhood of racism
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-06-2020, 07:53   #200
God Member

Quote:
John Pienaar, a news reporter....who is black says that his colour has NOT stopped him achieving and that he believes the UK to be tolerant of the beliefs of others.
More of those people please.....the ones who reject the victimhood of racism
there are many of them as well. the problem is that there is some effort needed and i,m afraid lots just do not want to make this effort. that is something that is rife in other sections of our people. its easier to sit back do sod all and then moan about colour, schools and things that happened in history.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 07:57   #201
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241523]
What I would like to see is a spotstman, or sportswoman standing up and proclaiming that the UK is not racist....and not going down on one knee in a submissive gesture, that is after all, meaningless....just another bit of virtue signalling.

it is not going to happen though. there will be many who would like to take this stance but they will be told of the consequences of doing so. plus they may lose some likes on twitter and lose some followers.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:34   #202
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241531]
Quote:

it is not going to happen though. there will be many who would like to take this stance but they will be told of the consequences of doing so. plus they may lose some likes on twitter and lose some followers.
Oh, I am not so naive to think it will happen, but that does not stop me feeling revolted by these virtue signalling creeps.
It says that they are concerned, not for black lives, but for their own hides.

Do they realise that the BLMUK organisation want to dismantle society....starting with capitalism??
Where do these highly paid players think their inflated wages come from.....the money fairy?
If capitalism were abolished, there would be NO MONEY.
And what will replace capitalism? Communism?(look at China we know that doesn't work).
These protests are all about destabilising the country....as if Covid had not done enough of that....and are created by loony left wingers who are still stinging that Jeremy Corbyn made such a hash of things.....they are trying to do his work by stealth...a pox on them.
Old 29-06-2020, 09:53   #203
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241533][QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241531]

Oh, I am not so naive to think it will happen, but that does not stop me feeling revolted by these virtue signalling creeps.

what interests me will be how far down the ladder it will go once other football finally gets underway. it annoys me so much that i made sure i missed the kick off the other day to avoid the possibility of seeing it on the box. will it creep into other sports or in our lives in general. mind you i got a laugh from a neighbour last week when i did it for him. he has similar views to us and enjoyed my bald lives matter quote due to him having far less on top than me.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:06   #204
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It is quite simple, the cure is passive resistance, if (as unfortunately it will) it happens at a venue you are attending just turn your back on it until the stupidity is over then turn back to watch what you came for.

If anyone asks why you did this tell them, 'I used my freedom of choice I don't want to see this rubbish I'm here to enjoy the match/parade/whatever, not that.

If enough people do this peacefully the message will get across that it isn't compulsory or wanted.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 11:31   #205
Beacon of light

Less, I like that idea and would most definitely do that,(well, except I do not attend anything much these days.
Can't see it happening when the yoga group resumes)) but wonder how many others will be brave enough to run the gauntlet of the untinking masses.
You know those people who cannot think for themselves but take on the opinion of the social media influencers like a chameleon in the dulux factory...whatever shade is popular they will replicate it because they want to be like some Z list, no count, celeb.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:43   #206
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I thought with yogart one of the compulsory poses was to get down on one knee and wrap your other leg around your neck, so it would fit in quite nicely.

As for the unthinking if enough of us do this they will willingly follow, after all, getting down on one knee is too much like hard work.

We'll need a slogan, how about, 'See my back and my freedom to choose'.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 13:00   #207
Beacon of light

Yes there are a couple of Yoga positions where you are on one knee.....the difference is the other leg is usually pointing towards the ceiling(three legged dog)....so cannot be confused with the 'take the knee 'pose.

Yes...I like the slogan too.
Old 29-06-2020, 14:59   #208
Beacon of light

Lewis Hamilton has signed to drive for Mercedes.
Maybe someone should tell him that this year marks the 80th Anniversary of Mercedes using 30,000 slaves in their enterprise
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:18   #209
God Member

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton has signed to drive for Mercedes.
Maybe someone should tell him that this year marks the 80th Anniversary of Mercedes using 30,000 slaves in their enterprise
its a matter of all money matters.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:32   #210
Beacon of light

Germany used about 300,000 slaves in their industries.....30, 000 were used by Mercedes.
But Lewis Hamilton either chooses to ignore this or is ignorant of the facts.
These slaves were white
Maybe he considers these slaves to be of less value....because they were not black, they were Jewish and they were worked to death so that Germany could prosper from the industries that used them.

Bravo to the 'right on' Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 30-06-2020 at 12:34.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..