Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2020, 12:37   #211
Beacon of light

Re: The U.S.A.

Maybe he should read this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forc...g_World_War_II
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2020, 18:18   #212
Beacon of light

It is reported that Matt Le Tissier has come out against the virtue signalling luvvies.....and to a degree he has...but he is sitting on the fence.
He has said that he cannot support an organisation that wants to defund the police, and smash capitalism, but disappointingly he will still wear the badge that proclaims BLM....he says he is against racism, but does not agree with the ideology.

Might there be some people out there who can think as good as they can see?
Might the tide be turning?

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 30-06-2020 at 18:21.
Old 30-06-2020, 19:13   #213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is reported that Matt Le Tissier has come out against the virtue signalling luvvies.....and to a degree he has...but he is sitting on the fence.
He has said that he cannot support an organisation that wants to defund the police, and smash capitalism, but disappointingly he will still wear the badge that proclaims BLM....he says he is against racism, but does not agree with the ideology.

Might there be some people out there who can think as good as they can see?
Might the tide be turning?
Doubt very much if tide is turning sadly, theres way too many dickheads these days.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-06-2020, 20:57   #214
Beacon of light

Matt Le Tiisier was asked by Sky to wear the badge...he did not do it of his own volition.
A footballer called Karl Henry has criticised the movement too and he is a black player.
The PFA and other football organisations are said to be distancing themselves from this movement as well..

Why might that be then....because if capitalism is trashed there will BE NO FOOTBALL because these guys eager to take the knee will lose their wages....I can't see them playing for nothing...can you?
Old 30-06-2020, 21:45   #215
Beacon of light

Jamie Redknapp and Patrice Evra have ditched the BLM badges that they were asked by Sky TV to wear.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:22   #216
God Member

Quote:
Jamie Redknapp and Patrice Evra have ditched the BLM badges that they were asked by Sky TV to wear.
be interesting if these two eventually will get ditched themselves at the first opportunity sky get.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:30   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
be interesting if these two eventually will get ditched themselves at the first opportunity sky get.
that would not be a shock.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:44   #218
Beacon of light

I think if they both get ditched by Sky then pertinent questions will be posed.
Also, footballing bodies are nor reviewing their stance regarding the BLM organisation which, I think, might make it harder for Sky to ditch these two commentators.

Maybe the world of sport is waking up to the real aims of the BLM organisation.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:59   #219
Beacon of light

All of these footballers jumped on the bandwagon for to make themselves look aware, now they are left looking foolish because the BLM organisation is anarchist and Basically Linked Marxism.....political.
But the footballers have their brains in their boots....and some of them just a bit higher up their anatomy.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:02   #220
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton has signed to drive for Mercedes.
Maybe someone should tell him that this year marks the 80th Anniversary of Mercedes using 30,000 slaves in their enterprise
Well, yes, that is part of their history, however the people working for Mercedes these days are far removed from the people and attitudes employed during Hitlers regime.

Lets not fall into the same trap as many people of all ethnicities already have, part of our history was involved in slavery, yes, but that is what it is history, those of us alive today are not the people that committed these acts and would condemn such actions.
We should not be punished for what happened then, it isn't within our powers to change history nor should an attempt be made to make us feel guilty for what happened hundreds of years before we were born.

There will be successful people from all walks of life just as there will be failures amongst people that have been given as good a start as everyone else, it seems to be these people that expect to have everything handed to them on a plate and will play the poverty/racist cards in any way that might just squeeze them an extra advantage without actually getting out there and proving they deserve all they demand, they just run around like the Queen of Hearts condemning everyone they can.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 17:49   #221
Beacon of light

Less, I am not falling into that trap, merely pointing out that he is blinkered in his views of what happened....if he deplores what went on with regard to the black slaves,(some three centuries ago), yet fails to recognise what went on within living history, then is he not hypocritical? Especially as he is going to earn money from working for an organisation that has done things that he finds objectionable when they were done to black tribal men and women.

I accept that we cannot change the past, we can only learn from it.
I am so fed up of hearing those who parrot on about BLM without having any real idea what they are protesting about.

If you asked those who toppled the statue of Edward Colston to tell you something about the man I would bet that all they would know is that he was a slave trader.

And your last paragraph is spot on.
Those who cannot succeed will find someone other than themselves to blame.
Those people who are truly deprived and oppressed, yet make a success of themselves, have my admiration....maybe they were in some way motivated by their disadvantage....they asked for nothing, but worked to get where they wanted to be.
Old 01-07-2020, 18:03   #222
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

there are black slaves being sold this year in Libya they are nigerians i have seen pics of em today, aint noticed B.L.M. nor Antifa protesting about that whats happening now, not a few hundred years ago or is it perhaps they aint protesting cos whites aint selling em?
Old 01-07-2020, 18:30   #223
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Lock down making you a bit sensitive Margaret?
Although you are almost always in my thoughts when I post on AccyWeb (you are after all our most prolific poster and you built your Nursing career from a standing start of nothing),
I wasn't thinking of you when I wittered about falling into a trap,,,

... and try as I might to explain to whom I was aiming that at, would end up oddly racist no matter how I try to put it to all those Queens of Hearts out there so I won't bother, (maybe lock down is making me a bit sensitive too, but unlike the natives I don't feel restless).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 19:13   #224
God Member

Interesting, if lengthy article below, which concludes:

Globally, the region with the most slavery is Africa, with 0.76% of the population enslaved (GSI, 2018). However, political correctness dictates that it is acceptable to criticise whites, but not blacks, even if this means focussing on the past (about which we can do nothing), rather than the present and future (which we have the ability to change).

To conclude, BLM believe that the primary victims of discrimination are black women, when they are more likely to be lower ranked men. BLM apparently also believe that the primary perpetrator of violence against blacks is the state, when it is blacks. In other words, Black Lives Matter misidentify both the victims and the perpetrators. Which is a shame, because black lives matter.

https://hectordrummond.com/2020/06/3...k-lives-matter
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 21:19   #225
Beacon of light

Less Lockdown has not improved my patience or my irascibility, but make me sensitivie...no more than usual (but you may be asking the wrong person this question).
I did wonder if there was an underlying message...because there often is with your postings...sometimes what you DON'T say is far more interesting than what you do say....please take that in the spirit it is meant...that is a respectful one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..