Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2020, 22:52   #1

Premier League - You're 'avin' a laugh

...is anyone else disgusted with the racist approach of that abhorrent organisation - the Premier League ? It's total misunderstanding of the banner over the Etihad goes to show how sick the major organisations of our society have become.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2020, 06:15   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Premier League - You're 'avin' a laugh

The Banner was wrong and should not have been displayed because the message is racist.
In fact I will go so far as to say it is equally as racist as the phrase:-

Black Lives Matter

No-one should be using either phrase to be fair to everyone the phrase:-
All Lives Matter
should be used instead.

But none of Margaret's 'woke' people will agree with me and will continue to insult many people that stand for the national anthem rather than grovel on one knee.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 06:27   #3
Beacon of light

Less...Nail. Head. Hit!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 06:37   #4
Beacon of light

Less, I entirely agree with every word.
The only worrying thing for me is the striking intolerance of any other view than that of this 'woke' generation.

I may not agree with what this person says, but I feel that the person expressing the opinion, has a right to do so....and that right should be defended.

It is similar to the uproar caused by JKRowling saying that trans people are just men in a dress....(she was campaigning against the right of men to self identify as women, because she was worried about the consequences for women, In women only areas...she felt that it would give licence to,predatory males)

She also said only women menstruate.....all she said was the truth.
(A lie will never become truth, no matter how often it is repeated, or how many believe it)

The transgender population is small and while ther should be efforts made to cater for their needs this cannot be to the disadvantage to women.

I am of the opinion that the world is going to hell in a hand cart, but please feel free to disagree with me.
I would hate for you to think that I cannot tolerate another's view.
Less and taddy like this.
Old 24-06-2020, 06:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I am of the opinion that the world is going to hell in a hand cart, but please feel free to disagree with me.
I would hate for you to think that I cannot tolerate another's view.
Of course I have to disagree with you, at times we are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum (I won't say which of us I think is dum), but if you can afford a hand cart to get to hell you must be heading in the wrong direction

Old 24-06-2020, 07:42   #6
Beacon of light

I can't afford the hand cart...it is only borrowed(I have to leave it outside the gates of hell)

As for which of us is tweedledum and which is tweedledee.....i'm the scary one.
Old 24-06-2020, 07:43   #7
God Member

of course the banner was wrong but why was it there in the first place. doubt those who fully decry the banner realize how sick to death of hearing BLM being quoted by all and sundry. even her in the kitchen who has no political views or racial views has been up in arms the last few weeks. can see her on my blood pressure tablets after the next visit to the docs.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 07:46   #8
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1241392]Of course I have to disagree with you, at times we are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum (I won't say which of us I think is dum),

you can have tweedle dee but surely tweedle dum needs to be tweedle learning difficulties nowadays.
DaveinGermany and ray honda like this.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:09   #9

Before we know it Remembrance Sunday will be here, will these 'woke' people be hijacking that and expecting us go go down on one knee?

We stand at this service to remember all that made the ultimate sacrifice in all the conflicts no matter what colour they were.

Can you imagine how bringing race and 'Black Lives Matter' into it would lower the standard of what has until now been a non-racist and very sombre occasion for all that attend?

A Red Poppy To Remember All
Old 24-06-2020, 08:25   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i do NOT agree the banner was wrong at all, people are starting to swallow that crap i think, there were 3 murdered in Reading the other day, i never noticed a protest from any of these protester clowns at all about that, if you agree with the banner automatically you are racist according to the very stupid, well tell yeh what i dont give a stuff what those fools think. i know quite a few Burnley fans that will NOT go again cos of the clubs idiotic stand. i sincerly hope theres many more will do the same. its complete balls it does not denegrate at all the B.L.M. cause, that is genuine but i reckon they have lost quite a few supporters over the way some have carried on.
Old 24-06-2020, 09:58   #11
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1241404]i do NOT agree the banner was wrong at all, people are starting to swallow that crap i think, there were 3 murdered in Reading the other day, i never noticed a protest from any of these protester clowns at all about that, i

the banner is only wrong because its adding fuel to the flames. those who were murdered in reading have more or less been forgotton about even by now. one gets murdered thousands of miles away and we have constant bleating that i cannot see the end of. if the reading lads had been black you know quite well what would be happening now. social media, the press and television would be setting up ways how to fund their families through all this.
Old 24-06-2020, 10:06   #12

I must admit my initial knee jerk response was driven by all the grovelling drivel by our sick media. A similar post on Facebook has got me banned from facebook - but hey I can live with that. It was a response to having BLM rammed down our craws every single day....

BLM makes martyrs out of CRIMINALS... BLM backs RIOTERS, LOOTERS, MURDERERS...… BLM stirs up RACIAL HATRED..... BLM is a racial fascist organisation in the true sense of the word FASCIST as dissent is barred, banned, stamped on....
...one commentator summed it up pretty well with the old 'Clapping for Stalin' line. All the 'media commentators', "celebrities" were all rushing to condemn a non-violent act while condoning and fawning over rioters and murderers -... they are all too frightened to fall out of step less they suffer the consequences.... hence the Stalin analogy... they all kept clapping for fear of being noticed as the first to stop clapping for Uncle Joe would have had them fall out of favour and possibly shot.
Will understand if the thought police ask you to remove this post as we are increasingly subject to censorship but they DON'T change my views by banning me.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 10:59   #13
Beacon of light

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy....I could have written every word of that.
In fact I,probably have expressed these views in other threads....but that takes absolutely nothing at all from your post.
It is SPOT ON..
We are in real danger of losing the ability to think...society has become echoes of the influencers of the Internet
I heard a very good term today....archeological offences....meaning things that are dug up from the past for people to be offended by....another term I liked was offence junkies...those people who are offended by things for no valid reason.

We choose what offends us.
Personally I am offended by the fact that the police think they can ignore crimes committed by those of a different cultural heritage(those men who groom young white girls).
I am offended by the gangs who rage turf wars, I am offended by the terrorists that are allowed to maim and kill....when they have been given a home in the U.K..

Does that make me sane or daft.
I am not offended by the history of the UK....I will not be taking the knee, I will not support any organisation that tries to sanitise our history for PC reasons.
DaveinGermany and ferret man like this.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:29   #14
Beacon of light

The chap who chartered the plane with the banner has now been sacked from his job.
Yet he has committed no offence.
He has been sacked for voicing a different point of view.
Now isn't that a worry....and isn't it a bit fascist....you will think this way or you will not have a job, a career, a house, a life.

I think that I would be seeking an employment lawyer to take on my case.
Less, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-06-2020, 08:05   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1241403]

We stand at this service to remember all that made the ultimate sacrifice in all the conflicts no matter what colour they were.

remembrance day is all about people who died in wars where many of them did not want to be there in the first place. it never was an event to glorify wars, its just the usual suspects who try to spout their usual twisted logic in an attempt to try to make it that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..