Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2020, 15:24   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: No Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
They wouldn't be "Black Labradors" would they ?

Snap, just posted similar, that'll teach me to read through before posting.
Old 12-07-2020, 15:30   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
no, alaskan malamute husky cross and a rottweiler doberman cross.

That must be some hound with those breeds mixed together, any pics of the beast?
Old 13-07-2020, 07:57   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That must be some hound with those breeds mixed together, any pics of the beast?
no they are two separate dogs. husky x malamute{regular colder weather visitor to the wham** and a rotti x dobie. cannot download pictures. spent 6 weeks on a computor course at my local library but was no wiser at the end.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 11:19   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
no they are two separate dogs. husky x malamute{regular colder weather visitor to the wham** and a rotti x dobie. cannot download pictures. spent 6 weeks on a computor course at my local library but was no wiser at the end.
Take a look in here, Feedback, Suggestions and help! - Accrington Web there are how to's that might help.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 17:48   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

Ah right, my mistake thought it was one hound, still like to see some pics though, check out the tip from Less.
Old 13-07-2020, 18:03   #36

Quote:
HaHa,Welcome to the Luddite Club.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 18:23   #37
Beacon of light

quite some time ago i posted step by step instructions(I felt they were foolproof....)

So Monkey hanger I will do it again...just for you.
Under this box there are two options.....1) choose GO ADVANCED.
When you do this it will take you to a page where there is a box fot text(what your post is about) under this you will note that there are 4 options.
Choose 'Manage attachements'.
This will take you to a page that allows you to browse and attach pictures from your computer.
Click on the 'Browse' and select the picture you wish to upload.
(You can upload the maximum of ten pictures per day)
atthe lower Right hand corner of this box you will see a button which says 'upload'
Click on this and your picture should upload.

However if your picture is too large...then it may need to be reduced in size in an editing program.

Can I ask...? Can you e-mail pictures?
If you can and are happy to send them to me I would upload them for you.(iet me know and I will PM my e-mail address)
But please try my instructions out first.

I think that taddy and you, both need to come to my finishing school
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 08:09   #38
God Member

cheers. i,ll give it a go in some quiet moment later today. knowing me i seem to get so far with stuff then i miss something out and its back to square one. when i was younger i must have done every job imaginable on cars but like my son who is a mechanic on the buses we both have trouble fitting new wiper blades. its really a funny old world when you get mental blockages on certain things.
Old 14-07-2020, 08:27   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
quite some time ago i posted step by step instructions(I felt they were foolproof....)

So Monkey hanger I will do it again...just for you.
Under this box there are two options.....1) choose GO ADVANCED.
When you do this it will take you to a page where there is a box fot text(what your post is about) under this you will note that there are 4 options.
Choose 'Manage attachements'.
This will take you to a page that allows you to browse and attach pictures from your computer.
Click on the 'Browse' and select the picture you wish to upload.
(You can upload the maximum of ten pictures per day)
atthe lower Right hand corner of this box you will see a button which says 'upload'
Click on this and your picture should upload.

However if your picture is too large...then it may need to be reduced in size in an editing program.

Can I ask...? Can you e-mail pictures?
If you can and are happy to send them to me I would upload them for you.(iet me know and I will PM my e-mail address)
But please try my instructions out first.

I think that taddy and you, both need to come to my finishing
school
It took me a while to find it because the go advanced is under the (reply) message box,not the "post box" as it were, I shall print out your instructions,if my Luddite skills are up to it of course,Thank you.
As to attending your finishing school, I am still at the primary school stage as regards getting the hang of this Bill Gates's infernal machine but issue me with a big hammer and a screwdriver and I will build you a palace. Your's,
The Luddite.
Old 14-07-2020, 09:36   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I am still at the primary school stage as regards getting the hang of this Bill Gates's infernal machine.
I'm afraid you will have to go back further than Bill gates to find someone to blame.

Try Charles Babbage (1791-1871) he started it all off with his difference engine he was assisted by
Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace (1815-1852) she was reputed to being the very first software programmer.

So history frees Mr. Gates of the real blame 'cos there's nowt new under the sun!'.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 09:56   #41
Beacon of light

Quote:
It took me a while to find it because the go advanced is under the (reply) message box,not the "post box" as it were, I shall print out your instructions,if my Luddite skills are up to it of course,Thank you.
As to attending your finishing school, I am still at the primary school stage as regards getting the hang of this Bill Gates's infernal machine but issue me with a big hammer and a screwdriver and I will build you a palace. Your's,
The Luddite.
When I said 'post' box Taddy it was to indicate the place where you write what you are posting.
But surely it did not take that much finding.
It is not hard to post pictures...once you get the hang of it....and the only time it will fail is if the size of the picture you are posting is too large.

The site reduces the size of pictures so that they will load, but sometimes the picture is still too big and has to be reduced in photo editing software.....and most computers have basic editing stuff or you can download free software...
Old 14-07-2020, 10:00   #42
Beacon of light

Taddy we all start off in primary school with computers, but if we are curious, we learn as we go along.
Who do you think taught me this stuff?
No-one....I learned by trying things out....flying by the seat of my britches....but I did get help from folk on here too.
Len helped me....and so did the late, great Mick.
But you have to want to learn stuff.
Old 14-07-2020, 10:37   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But you have to want to learn stuff.
thats the reason why you were better at some subjects at school than others.
Old 14-07-2020, 10:49   #44

I stand chastised by my two above teachers. no class stars for me today.
Old 14-07-2020, 11:04   #45
Beacon of light

No Taddy, not chastised, just informed in a respectful way.
Encouragement works better than punishment in the field of learning.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..