Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2020, 11:11   #31
God Member

Re: Illegal Immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we have an answer my friend but no-one has the gumption to do it.
think they have but live in fear of name calling with some ism or ist being levied at them. whilst the loony liberal woke brigade seem to be running the asylum then there will be nothing done. the silent majority who are becoming less silent over the last few months may eventually be heard and thats quick as possible for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2020, 17:24   #32
Beacon of light

We have been PAYING France to keep these people out of the water....but the French could not care less about these migrants setting sail for the UK.
In fact they quite like to help them because it means they are shifting their problem across the water.

They have asked that we pay an additional 30 million to them for these non existent services.....but why should we stump up when they have no intention of upholding their part of the bargain?

There are a flotilla of small boats, privately owned that's are policing the channel on a voluntary basis, turning these boats back or blocking their way.

It is time something more active was done to send these people back to where they set off from.

These people are NOT refugees.....if they weren't they would seek asylum in the first non hostile country's where they made foot fall.
They come here because they see it as 'cushy'.
We should stop making it cushy for them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 18:47   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeylass View Post
If the answer involves spending money the Government doesn't want to know.

If we treat them as second-class citizens, with no access to aid, the lawlessness will escalate, costing the taxpayer more money.

It's ALL down to money.
well they are spending enough for france to do a job?
Old 12-08-2020, 22:23   #34

Can we start using the CORRECT term for this shower - BOGUS ASYLUM CRIMINALS. Had an argument with someone who didn't like me calling them CRIMINALS. Er... if they are doing something ILLEGAL then they are CRIMINALS - simple really isn't it.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 08:33   #35
God Member

waiting for those meely mouthed luvvie liberals to put em up in their large houses and mansions till these criminals can all help the country in getting out of recession.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 13-08-2020, 09:25   #36

I'm just a barmy old duffer and mathematics were never my strong point but if
it costs (the taxpayer of course) Ł75'000 a year to house, cloth, feed, educate (though I fear 'indoctrinate' to being entitled to everything is more like it) for a minimum of 5 years (though with many it will be MUCH longer) the total bill for the latest batch alone would be around Ł375'000'000. With a recession on the doorstep with ultra-optimistic forecasts putting 4 million om the dole - though it is more likely to be 7 million, where is all the money going to come from to pay for it all?
taddy likes this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 13:27   #37
Beacon of light

Some of these people coming across the channel say they will jump in the sea and drown rather than be returned to France.
My heartless reaction to this was. ' go right ahead...problemsolbed '.
I know, I know....I am a heartless piece of work.
Old 13-08-2020, 14:08   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Some of these people coming across the channel say they will jump in the sea and drown rather than be returned to France.
I know, I know....I am a heartless piece of work.
no let em its complete bull imho.
Old 14-08-2020, 08:09   #39
God Member

all these little boats crossing the channel with brave young lads on board. does it remind you of something that happened in 1940. expecing a new hollywood blockbuster being made about this new armada. who will they get to play the heroes like little john mills and dicky attenborough guideing these boats to blighty.
Old 14-08-2020, 10:06   #40
Beacon of light

Except these little boats do not contain heroes, they contain sponges, potential discontents and young men who could at any point turn out to have malign intent.
So I cannot imagine any film director(other than perhaps some 'woke' loony luvvie) having any interest in such doings.
Old 14-08-2020, 10:42   #41
Beacon of light

I would rather see bluefin tuna than illegal immigrant any day.
Old 14-08-2020, 21:17   #42
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I agree & I've said the same elsewhere, now jumping in the sea doesn't impress me one iota, now if they removed their life vests & grabbed a handful of other Sandies & gimmies, they would then maybe gain a smidgeon of respect, just a smidgeon mind, as our dusky brethren are notorious non swimmers.
Old 15-08-2020, 06:50   #43
Beacon of light

A well off ex-pat who lives in Lens.France.....gave his dinghy to migrants to cross the channel....he wished them luck and waved them off.
He said that he hopes none of us ever have to leave our homes and a war torn country.

Since when was It right to assist migrants to leave a country where they are safe and under no duress?
How many countries where they were safe did the cross to get to France?
I wonder if this man would have been so keen to own this deed if his dinghy had sunk?
Would he have been charged with murder?

This man should be charged with people trafficking, and if he is a British Passport, his passport should be revoked and citizenship cancelled.

I thought perhaps migrants were making this man's life a misery, but it appears he lives a good way from Calais.
Bloody Traitor!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-08-2020, 07:12   #44
God Member

now the illegals are throwing themselves in the water will we be asked to Take The Dip in the nearest water to our home in respect.
taddy likes this.
Old 15-08-2020, 12:25   #45
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
now the illegals are throwing themselves in the water will we be asked to Take The Dip in the nearest water to our home in respect.

Not me mate, but all the BLM muppets should all head off to the biggest, deepest darkest expanse of water available, paddle out & "take their knee" there, all in solidarity of course for the gimmies & sandies paddling around the world, seems only fair to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..