Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2021, 16:32   #1

something wrong.

After the last few weeks, I have noticed that the downturn in posts on Accy Web has been very significant, what has altered ? (someone) knows the answer to this. Regards, The Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2021, 17:23   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: something wrong.

no idea taddy soz. noticed it myself.
Old 21-02-2021, 21:17   #3

Taddy you have just beaten me to it. I intended to write something today along the same lines as it is very concerning and disappointing to see nothing but Accrington Stanley threads. I am not belittling these as I know Stanley is of great importance to many people on Accyweb - and of much interest, but surely there are plenty of members who have lots of other subjects to comment about as well.

Where are the debaters that used to fill Accy Web pages, and the ones who made interesting comments about day-to-day happenings? Apparently there are a LOT of members - and more keep joining.

I would have thought with the lockdown restrictions people would be looking for an outlet for a good old 'chat'.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 10:20   #4

I think that I may have to bore some Accy Webbers with "tales from my Allotment" or even articles about my coin collecting hobby. Yours, still the Luddite.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:27   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cart on taddy sod all wrong wi that.
taddy likes this.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:54   #6
God Member

funny how that something the majority of us own that never gets mentioned anymore anywhere, cars and motoring. cars to avoid, buying suggestions, next must have overpriced collectors/classic car.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 16:52   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly.
Old 23-02-2021, 17:31   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

possible is that dave.
Old 24-02-2021, 09:46   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly.
everything at the moment is repetition and even listening to the news is a bit like, well i heard that yesterday. even when you discuss whats going on at the moment you end up repeating yourself which is something i hate doing and imagine others hate reading it even more.
Old 24-02-2021, 11:45   #10

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1250685]Think it may be to do with limited topics, lets face it, it seems the only thing happening in the world right now is MeMe & softlad or covid, you get pretty fed up of them both rather quickly.

The MeMe & soft lad comment really tickled me, Keep it up Dave.
Old 27-02-2021, 08:50   #11
God Member

again, where is margaret pilkington. anyone know if she is alright or not. never met the lass but feel i know her after the years on here.
Old 27-02-2021, 08:59   #12

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1250857]again, where is margaret pilkington. anyone know if she is alright or not. never met the lass but feel i know her after the years on here.

Me too M.H. Margaret and I were in the same class at Woodnook Schoool in Accrington 60 years ago plus as you say we have talked for years on Accy Web,I have received a private message from her and other members to say that she is fine; I hope that she sees that you and I are a little concerned.
Regards, Taddy.
Old 27-02-2021, 09:11   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

sure most people on here have been concerned she has certainly been missed.
Old 27-02-2021, 10:59   #14
Beacon of light

First of all let me say that I am touched by your concern and the PM's I have had asking if I am alright.
Please let me assure you that I am as fit as I have ever been, and I know that some of you know that I have a daughter who does not have the best of health...and may be worried that something is amiss there.
She and her family are all OK.
The simple answer is that lately there has been very little on here that is worth a comment.
I do not understand football or Accrington Stanley...though I know that it has a great following on here.
So I am taking myself off the forum until I have something worth saying.
There is nothing more to it than that.
I have only posted this because Dorothy in south australia alerted me to your general concerns.
So Ta-ta for now.
M x

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-02-2021 at 11:02.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 12:22   #15

O/K Marge, Over and Out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..