Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2021, 09:48   #46
Beacon of light

Re: something wrong.

Cashy, it is not that I don’t like football...I just don’t understand it...at all....and I do not have a mind to understand it either.
And please do not feel that I am as you put it ‘sad’ for suggesting that this is just because I do not like football....I am not a fan of any sport.
But I respect those who do like it and do understand it...their enjoyment of it takes nothing away from me....but the people who comment on the football side must have other interests and opinions as well....and it would make for an interesting forum if they occasionally posted onto some other parts of Accyweb.

You could say that I could do the same on the Football part...but....really?
I have nothing at all to contribute because I know only a few things about football....and none of them would stimulate any kind of discussion.

When all there is to read on here is football, then it makes me feel like I am not welcome....and yes...I know that my feelings are not the concern of anyone on here.
Attempts have been made by various people to get some other interesting posts going and they go down like a brick budgie.....and if we do not participate in threads then the forum will disappear...or be devoted to just Stanley....and as laudable as that might be for the Stanley fans,it would be a loss to the rest of us.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2021, 10:50   #47

[

Taddy, if I lived near you I would buy my vegetables and fruit from you, you have so much and I am sure they are delicious (though I suspect your nose has grown quite a bit in the telling of your accomplishments as a gardener). I actually found your post very amusing and not boring at all.

Dotti, Every year I weigh all the produce that I grow on my allotment,the name is Taddy not Pinnockio, (Yes I know that is not spelt right), the figures that I quoted are entirely accurate but I will not take offence. I was a fisherman for many years until age caught up with me and I could no longer carry all my fishing gear, the tales I used to tell about the monsters that I removed from rivers and lakes are legendary in my local boozer, yes my nose probably grew an inch or two after three or four pints of real ale but that is part and parcel of being an angler. Stay safe, Keep posting, Taddy.
shillelagh and DaveinGermany like this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2021, 11:07   #48

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1256915][QUOTE=taddy;1256906]

No, Taddy...that does not bore me....that you have had such a wonderful growing season and been able to ensure that your family has a plentiful supply of a variety of fresh, wholesome homegrown produce....that has added nothing to the air miles that this food stuff usually generates is to be applauded.
When does your fruit and veg stall open on the market?
We only have one stall selling this kind of stuff...it could do with some competition.

Thanks for that Marge, Before I got my allotment in 2017 we owned one freezer as I suppose the majority of families do, please don't think that I am blowing my own Trumpet but after turning what was once an overgrown, weed infested patch of land into a productive fruit and Vegetable garden we had to buy another freezer in 2019 so that Mrs Taddy, (Hazel), could freeze the produce for later use in the making of pies, chutneys, Jams etc.

As always, stay happy, Stay safe, Taddy,
Old 27-08-2021, 11:08   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, it is not that I don’t like football...I just don’t understand it...at all....and I do not have a mind to understand it either.
And please do not feel that I am as you put it ‘sad’ for suggesting that this is just because I do not like football....I am not a fan of any sport.
But I respect those who do like it and do understand it...their enjoyment of it takes nothing away from me....but the people who comment on the football side must have other interests and opinions as well....and it would make for an interesting forum if they occasionally posted onto some other parts of Accyweb.

You could say that I could do the same on the Football part...but....really?
I have nothing at all to contribute because I know only a few things about football....and none of them would stimulate any kind of discussion.

When all there is to read on here is football, then it makes me feel like I am not welcome....and yes...I know that my feelings are not the concern of anyone on here.
Attempts have been made by various people to get some other interesting posts going and they go down like a brick budgie.....and if we do not participate in threads then the forum will disappear...or be devoted to just Stanley....and as laudable as that might be for the Stanley fans,it would be a loss to the rest of us.
actually at times i wish i did,t like football. for the heatache it caused me when i was young to the thousands of pounds wasted on watching it to get the occasional unforgettable game and moments. my mother and sister were both like you which annoyed my old man. they never realised they were a bit better off than the rest of the street through his efforts on the pitch. if he had been a joiner i doubt they,d have less an interest in his job for that what is was a job.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2021, 12:00   #50
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1256989][QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1256915]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post

No, Taddy...that does not bore me....that you have had such a wonderful growing season and been able to ensure that your family has a plentiful supply of a variety of fresh, wholesome homegrown produce....that has added nothing to the air miles that this food stuff usually generates is to be applauded.
When does your fruit and veg stall open on the market?
We only have one stall selling this kind of stuff...it could do with some competition.

Thanks for that Marge, Before I got my allotment in 2017 we owned one freezer as I suppose the majority of families do, please don't think that I am blowing my own Trumpet but after turning what was once an overgrown, weed infested patch of land into a productive fruit and Vegetable garden we had to buy another freezer in 2019 so that Mrs Taddy, (Hazel), could freeze the produce for later use in the making of pies, chutneys, Jams etc.

As always, stay happy, Stay safe, Taddy,
Taddy you are entitled to blow your own trumpet...because you have worked hard to transform the allotment...but it has also meant that you get the pleasure from not only seeing the fruits of your labour, but knowing that your food is vitamin packed and will go into making your meals not just tasty, but economical too.

I am one of those unfortunate people who cannot grow anything(well, other than old and awkward)...I can kill the most robust of plants....I either drown them or desiccate them.....I am not fit for anything green.
Old 27-08-2021, 12:10   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yer not alone margaret both of us can ruin anything.
Old 27-08-2021, 14:24   #52
Beacon of light

Never mind Cashy..we both have skills in other directions...it is not good for us all to dab hands at the same thing.
Old 27-08-2021, 19:22   #53
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
....I am not fit for anything green.

Although I say it myself, I'm outstanding at weeds, some even have colourful flowers!
Old 27-08-2021, 19:27   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Never mind Cashy..we both have skills in other directions...it is not good for us all to dab hands at the same thing.
i suppose so if yeh can remember what yer a dab hand at i cant.
Old 27-08-2021, 21:14   #55
Beacon of light

Son...I can wither a plant by just looking at it...strangely this tactic appears not to be so successful on weeds!
Old 27-08-2021, 21:16   #56
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i suppose so if yeh can remember what yer a dab hand at i cant.
Well, I have a few things I think I am a dab hand at....and most of the time my memory is not so dusty either...can’t say that about The sideboard.
Old 28-08-2021, 07:46   #57

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1256970]Cashy, it is not that I don’t like football...I just don’t understand it...at all....and I do not have a mind to understand it either.

Nothing to understand Marge, it's just twenty two over paid Prima Donna's kicking a bag of wind around a field.
Old 28-08-2021, 08:01   #58

One for Dotti, after post 41 add two pounds of Blackberries that I picked yesterday. Mrs Taddy washed and froze them whithin a hour of me picking them, it don't get much fresher than that. The Goblin loving Gardener.
Old 28-08-2021, 10:05   #59
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
The Goblin loving Gardener.

Yeah, you might want to rephrase that last comment Tads.
Old 28-08-2021, 12:15   #60
Beacon of light

No he doesn’t Son....that post made me nearly cry with laughing....I have a very vivid pictorial imagination.....are there female goblins I ask myself?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..