Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2021, 12:16   #61
Beacon of light

Re: something wrong.

[QUOTE=taddy;1257043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, it is not that I don’t like football...I just don’t understand it...at all....and I do not have a mind to understand it either.

Nothing to understand Marge, it's just twenty two over paid Prima Donna's kicking a bag of wind around a field.
Taddy that is the sum total of my knowledge of this game....so as you can see it would never provoke any kind of stimulating discussion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2021, 16:02   #62
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
....are there female goblins I ask myself?

Most serpently! And I know which one I'd prefer ..... definitely the green one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goblin greta.jpg (5.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg goblin female.jpg (78.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 28-08-2021, 17:40   #63
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Aren't they both green?

Only one for me would be the one that doesn't try to talk with her mouth full!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 18:04   #64
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Aren't they both green?

Well there is that, but one professess to being Green, while the other is a being of the colour green, I'm with the being of green on this one.
Old 28-08-2021, 18:06   #65
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Well there is that, but one professess to being Green, while the other is a being of the colour green, I'm with the being of green on this one.
Yes. preferable to the one that would talk with her mouth full and head empty.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 19:27   #66
Beacon of light

Both of those pictures would keep the kids away from the fire.
Old 29-08-2021, 05:51   #67

Taddy, you are a tease. My mouth is watering at the thought of that fresh fruit and vegetables. Not like the stuff in the shops here – vegetables fed with whatever to make them grow big and fast but leaving the flavour behind. Stored for months in cold rooms before appearing on the supermarket shelves.

I am envious of your ability to grow these delights. I can’t say this posting is from one gardener to another as the only time I would have a green thumb is if I dipped in into a pot of paint. It took me nine years to grow mint, planting often– and then when I finally had success and it was doing well it took me 2 years to destroy it.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 08:38   #68
God Member

[QUOTE=dotti34;1257113]Taddy, you are a tease. My mouth is watering at the thought of that fresh fruit and vegetables. Not like the stuff in the shops here – vegetables fed with whatever to make them grow big and fast but leaving the flavour behind. Stored for months in cold rooms before appearing on the supermarket shelves.

well its funny how these smaller vegetables we buy from the allotments{please do not tell the local council** and the apples, raspberries and blackberries we pick growing wild taste better than their larger supermarket brethran do.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 09:04   #69
God Member

Quote:
well at least the second one seems to know where the make up department is.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 09:36   #70
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
well at least the second one seems to know where the make up department is.

Not just make up mate, she actually knows where the chuckle muscles are unlike the grumpy little goblin troll on the left.
Old 29-08-2021, 09:39   #71
Beacon of light

You couldn’t make the first one look nice....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.
It might make a difference if the Lass broke into a smile now and then...but all she seems to do is scowl......she is two scoops of grumpy with snot topping!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-08-2021, 09:39   #72
Beacon of light

Quote:
Not just make up mate, she actually knows where the chuckle muscles are unlike the grumpy little goblin troll on the left.
Snap Son...snap!
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 29-08-2021, 10:36   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Taddy, you are a tease. My mouth is watering at the thought of that fresh fruit and vegetables. Not like the stuff in the shops here – vegetables fed with whatever to make them grow big and fast but leaving the flavour behind. Stored for months in cold rooms before appearing on the supermarket shelves.

I am envious of your ability to grow these delights. I can’t say this posting is from one gardener to another as the only time I would have a green thumb is if I dipped in into a pot of paint. It took me nine years to grow mint, planting often– and then when I finally had success and it was doing well it took me 2 years to destroy it.
Just to tease you a bit more, I forgot to mention that I also Have a bed of mint that I harvest and hang in my garage untill completly dry then strip the leaves off and put them in a chopper upperer and bottle/jar them so I can spinkle them on boiled/mashed tatties. Mrs Taddy can't stand the taste of mint though, (neer mind, more for me).
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 19:00   #74
Beacon of light

I said that I could not grow anything...but I forgot...someone bought me a Kolanchoe plant(I only know that it is called that because it had a label on it telling me that was what it was) for Christmas.
i commented that I thought it might just make it into the New Year.
Guess what...It is still with me....no flowers on it now...and it has almost died three times(for lack of water)....but if it carries on, it might see its first birthday.
Old 30-08-2021, 05:20   #75

Taddy, I did have success with parsley some years ago. I planted this one year and over the following years parsley grew and grew everywhere until I felt like I lived in Parsley Palace. It came up in places I wanted it and places I didn’t. Different varieties as well. I had a garden bed that it was supposed to stay in but it travelled. I gave so much away, but the more I took the more it grew. I did what you did with the mint, I dried it – found that this was done very successfully in oven and microwave. Then one year it had all gone never to return. Disappeared. My husband said I had done something to it – but I don’t know what. Maybe I had pulled too much up from the roots. I don’t know. Anyway that was the end of that success story.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..