Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2021, 09:52   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: something wrong.

[QUOTE=taddy;1257947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Can't get better than homemade jams & preserves, you're a lucky fella seeing as your Missus still does traditional things.

I am with you 100% on that Dave, she has been looking after me for the last 68 years (we have been married for 64 of them); we were as they say "childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.
well do yeh think it will last then taddy?
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 25-09-2021, 12:05   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
"childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.

I wasn't even a twinkle in the eye, let alone born all those long years ago!
Old 25-09-2021, 19:17   #93
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1257947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Can't get better than homemade jams & preserves, you're a lucky fella seeing as your Missus still does traditional things.

I am with you 100% on that Dave, she has been looking after me for the last 68 years (we have been married for 64 of them); we were as they say "childhood sweethearts", Hazel was 14 and I was 16 when we met in 1963.
Are you sure about those dates Taddy?
I am only asking because we were in the same year at school.....so you must be 74.....or maybe 75.....so those numbers do not quite add up.
A week tomorrow we will have been married for 55 years....married 1966.
I am pretty sure that you did not get married when you were 11(or 12).
But, that apart...you picked yourself a gem there Taddy.
I think our generation still do the making and baking....I know that I do....but I don’t make jam, but I make a mean cheese scone....a fin3 roast beef dinner with home made Yorkshire pud....none of that frozen stuff.
We were taught to cook and never got out of the habit.
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 08:07   #94

You are Quite right Marge, my post should have read been together for 58 years and married for 54 of them,I must either have had a "Senior moment" or one hobgoblin over the odds thank you for spotting the error, Ishall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not. like you said you were taught young and properly.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 08:24   #95
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I shall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not.

I knew right there that when you made that comment it wouldn't last!
Old 26-09-2021, 09:11   #96
God Member

Quote:
You are Quite right Marge, my post should have read been together for 58 years and married for 54 of them,I must either have had a "Senior moment" or one hobgoblin over the odds thank you for spotting the error, Ishall have to start drinking less ale and more tea.
or then again maybe not. like you said you were taught young and properly.
not sure if its respect or jealousy i have for you lot with one good long marriage. For one who has spent a few times in divorce courts with the financial costs it gave me i suppose its a bit of both. if only life was like a cricket test match where you have 2 innings it would be better. anyway with my luck rain would wipe the game out after the first day.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 10:47   #97
Beacon of light

Taddy, I think it might have been a combination of both senior moment and hobgoblin, I only spotted it because I knew we are about the same age in what it says on our birth certificates.
Personally I refuse to believe that lying document.
My heart is only 14...or 16 on a bad day(but even bad days are good at this time of life).
MH.....it is not really about luck.
It is like owning a lovely house.
To keep it lovely you have to put in the maintenance work...and I have to say that even the most beautiful rose has a thorn.....there are times when I would swap my other half for an empty pop bottle....and I am sure that I irritate the bejasus out of him....but it’s being able to live with those moments....and not let them take the shine off the rest of it.

I have to say that if he were to lift a finger to me..or if he was dallying with someone else then I would leave so fast he would smell the singe.
Old 26-09-2021, 14:47   #98

I have to say that if he were to lift a finger to me..or if he was dallying with someone else then I would leave so fast he would smell the singe.

It is not a mans finger that you have to worry about Marge that is only about three inches long, it is the other male appendage that is usually twice that length that causes the most bother between spouses.
Old 26-09-2021, 14:49   #99

After that last post I am expecting a humerous quote from a scouser in Germany
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 26-09-2021, 17:08   #100
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
After that last post I am expecting a humerous quote from a scouser in Germany

Mate, 6" if that's all you've got ...... well, be thankful for small mercies!
cashman and taddy like this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 26-09-2021 at 17:11.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 22:00   #101
Beacon of light

Quote:

It is not a mans finger that you have to worry about Marge that is only about three inches long, it is the other male appendage that is usually twice that length that causes the most bother between spouses.
Taddy...you know what I meant....and it wasn’t that.
The point I was making is that some things will break a marriage without a doubt....infidelity and domestic violence from either party are things that are unforgivable.
So all the maintenance in the world will not cure those demons.
Old 27-09-2021, 10:23   #102

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1258013]Taddy...you know what I meant....and it wasn’t that.

Marge as you know my comment was just a jest, activate your giggle switch and please accept it as such.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..