Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2021, 16:00   #46

Re: Accrington Web

When I returned to the UK and lived in Clayton-Le-Moors briefly, I joined this site with the intention of doing some Local Intelligence gathering (I’m not from this area, long story). Only to find that some Folk just liked to comment on absolutely everything. No matter the Subject, they just had to express their opinion. They seemingly knew everything.

Some of these forgotten Posters clearly identified themselves as Pensioners by their textual wordings in some of their Posts. Their loneliness abundantly apparent. Sharing their existence not experience.

I thought at the time it was quite sad, some lonely Pensioner, left all by themselves everyday, waiting for Deaths sweet release, screaming out for some attention.

Even answering questions with unhelpful, “I don’t know” type, non-answers. Just like with Amazon. They used to have many real reviewers saying they didn’t have the item or they didn’t know anything about the item, yet are prepared to state in Public their total ignorance or breathtaking false understandings based on no real Fact.

Saying nothing, all based on “Feelings” not real Facts or experience. It’s all just Noise. I found this hilarious. I come back from time to time to be amused by such nonsensical comments I might find.

It's all much quieter these days.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2021, 16:15   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

so why dont you shut yer gob who the hell do you think you are you clever sod.
dotti34 and ray honda like this.
Old 02-05-2021, 16:33   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuta View Post
When I returned to the UK and lived in Clayton-Le-Moors briefly, I joined this site with the intention of doing some Local Intelligence gathering (I’m not from this area, long story). Only to find that some Folk just liked to comment on absolutely everything. No matter the Subject, they just had to express their opinion. They seemingly knew everything.

Some of these forgotten Posters clearly identified themselves as Pensioners by their textual wordings in some of their Posts. Their loneliness abundantly apparent. Sharing their existence not experience.

I thought at the time it was quite sad, some lonely Pensioner, left all by themselves everyday, waiting for Deaths sweet release, screaming out for some attention.

Even answering questions with unhelpful, “I don’t know” type, non-answers. Just like with Amazon. They used to have many real reviewers saying they didn’t have the item or they didn’t know anything about the item, yet are prepared to state in Public their total ignorance or breathtaking false understandings based on no real Fact.

Saying nothing, all based on “Feelings” not real Facts or experience. It’s all just Noise. I found this hilarious. I come back from time to time to be amused by such nonsensical comments I might find.

I do hope you posted that in fun, or could it be that contrary to your claim your Location: in my head is incorrect and should read Location: up my arse.

However I should thank you it means I'm no longer the most unpopular member on site. (For now).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 17:13   #49
Beacon of light

I thought that was me Less.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 17:20   #50
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuta View Post

And you think that is good?

The whole reason for the forum is for an exchange of views, ideas and opinions.
When all that stops, then there will be no forum.
Maybe that would make you happy.
If the forum does not please you then, it is not compulsory to be here.

It might be true that many of us are in the third age, but that does not mean we are waiting for death.

Speaking for myself I have many interests and a lot of living to do yet.
dotti34, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-05-2021, 00:05   #51

Oh, Skuta – what a pathetic piece of garbage you have written. If it was meant to be funny and taking the mickey then you have definitely missed the mark. Not sure where you returned from but if you had that attitude while living there, where you seem to think you know what you are talking about, then you probably got a great send-off (like ‘thank goodness he’s gone’).

I doubt you have been sorely missed – unlike the way we feel about contributors to this site when we haven’t heard from them for a while.

Irrespective of age – and there are members on Accy Web from all age groups – so get your facts right, that people contribute prove they are not ‘waiting for death’ but take an interest in current affairs.

By the way, I AM old – probably one of the oldest members by age – but I can assure you that, like so many other people who are of an older generation, I am not waiting for death, I am not a sad human being, and you might be surprised to know that I am still reasonably intelligent, and I definitely do have opinions which I like to debate.

Actually reading your post I think that you are the sad one, trying to be poetic (death’s sweet release’ – that is hilarious – wonder how long it took you to think that one up) and having such a negative attitude. Instead of criticising why haven’t you made some worthwhile contributions over the years, and if you feel so much contempt for the site why are you still a member?

According to the information under your name you live ‘in your head’ – I think that should read you live in your other end, ‘cause you really are full of what comes out from there.
cashman and taddy like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:14   #52

Oops! I have now seen, skuta, that you have actually contributed a few times by posting comments so I was out of order asking why you haven't done this. However, I make no apologies for getting somewhat incensed about your comments on this thread, which I considered to be unwarranted.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:20   #53

Less, I know you have tried your hardest to be unpopular (though why you want to be I have no idea) but I agree with you, I think skuta can lay claim to this title, at least until you reclaim it (tongue-in-cheek comment, so please take it as that).
Old 03-05-2021, 08:32   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Less, I know you have tried your hardest to be unpopular (though why you want to be I have no idea) but I agree with you, I think skuta can lay claim to this title, at least until you reclaim it (tongue-in-cheek comment, so please take it as that).

Quite simple really, as with skuta, write things people don't want to hear and you guarantee a response, much better than being ignored.

After all, I'm a lonely old coffin dodger.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:27   #56
God Member

stuka has his own opinion and i suppose its as valid as everyone elses on here. its just for me quite far off the mark. as for us oldies waiting patiently for death is far from the truth for many of us. he has a point as from what i have heard from a few who live in OAP accomodation do behave like that and hardly set foot outside their property. they get invites but are just not interested in mixing with others. its all our own life and if you are not hurting anybody just carry on with it as you seem fit and what works for you.
cashman and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:29   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
When you read again Skuta`s post and discard the crass statements about seniors,the post could have been written by a Professor of Human Geography.
The baring of one`s knowledge,informed or uninformed is amongst other social phenomena studied to BA(Hons) level at several universities.
Quite interesting I thought..
https://researchguides.dartmouth.edu/human_geography
Having letters after your name does not make you an expert it just means you were able to conform long enough to get some like mind to let you pass exams.

After all I've had letters after my name since my youf and they gave me not one advantage in life,

yours, Less (A.R.S.E)

(Always Right Sees Everything).
Old 03-05-2021, 09:45   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by less View Post
having letters after your name does not make you an expert it just means you were able to conform long enough to get some like mind to let you pass exams.

After all i've had letters after my name since my youf and they gave me not one advantage in life,

yours, less (a.r.s.e)

(always right sees everything).
q.e.d......

Last edited by Stevie R; 03-05-2021 at 09:55.
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:26   #59
Beacon of light

We are all the product of our experiences.
Skuta is, of course entitled to his opinions of us....as we are of him.
What did he mean by saying he came here looking for ‘local intelligence’?(this is the language of police and investigative organisations..spies etc)
Did he want information about local history, local services, where the library was?
Or was he checking out our intelligence.
It seems that he found us wanting in that area.....he has made assumptions about us with little real evidence other than what he has read.

If he asked questions and got the ‘don’t know’ response at least it shows someone has considered his question, but does not have the information needed.
Skuta, if you do not like it here because you feel we are beneath you, then there are other forums that might be more to your taste...but avoid Facebook....that would definitely turn your screw.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:42   #60

Less, don’t mind me asking, but is that a self-portrait? If it is I have to say you are one helluva good looking bloke and I have absolutely no idea why you would be lonely.
Less and taddy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..